8 | The Book

"Okay,  your turn now, Jade.", Zayn said and looked over to his cousin. Jade slowly nodded and went over to the Christmas tree. She took a little box and went over to Perrie, who was still sitting on Selena's lap. Heather was kinda mad that her girlfriend didn't choose to give her, her present first.

Jade handed the little box over to Perrie. The box wasn't that little, but it wasn't too big either. Jade smiled nervously. "I didn't really know what to get you, since we haven't really talked much yet, but I kinda figured this would be the perfect present for you.", Jade explained while Perrie slowly took the box.

The blonde had no idea what Jade could have gotten her. Perrie slowly opened the box and when she saw what it was, she really tried to hold back the tears.

• A FEW DAYS BEFORE PERRIE AND ZAYN WENT ON TOUR 

"Zayn?", Perrie asked. She was sitting on her couch, holding the book Jade once gave to her. The dark-haired guy looked over to the blonde beauty. "Could you give this to Jade? I.. I don't need it anymore."

"Perrie..", Zayn sighed the minute he saw the book. He knew how much it meant to Perrie and that Jade gave it to her as an early christmas. Of course, he knew how much she was hurting, but he couldn't believe she'd go that far. "Come on. It's a part of you and Jade and you can't just give up like that."

"Yes, I can.", Perrie snapped. "I'm sorry.", the girl murmered, "I just.. I can't see it anymore, okay? Just.. Give it back to her. Please."

He slowly took the book, "Fine. But I promise you, you'll regret it."

"I promise you, I won't.", Perrie whispered and continued watching TV.

~

"Perrie? Perrie?!", a familiar voice brought Perrie back to reality. 

Jade.

"Huh?", the blonde asked, totally confused, 'cause she had no idea what just happened. She couldn't believe it. Jade got her the book. Either, she bought it again, or she just apparently seemed to give her the same one as a few months ago. Perrie was able to keep it all together, but now, not so much. It was like everything was falling into pieces now. She couldn't dare to look through the pages. She didn't want to find the prove that this is her book.

The first thing the blonde did, was to look over to Zayn. He had an apologetic look on his face. Yes, he gave the book to Jade, but he didn't tell her to give it to Perrie. He didn't even tell Jade where he got the book from, but he still felt bad. Especially, because Perrie was crying and she didn't even notice it. 

"Did I do something wrong?", Jade asked nervously. Perrie flinched a little when Selena touched her cheek and wiped her tears away. That's when she noticed she was crying. Shit. Perrie quickly stood up from Selena's lap.

She started to stutter, "Eh.. Eh.. No, no.. Really, I just.. I need fresh air. Excuse me.", the blonde quickly went to the balcony and sat down on her chair. Perrie didn't even notice that she took the book with her. Well, rather sooner than later. She slowly opened the book and searched for the page and there it was. The same sentences were underlined and the blonde noticed the little heart in the right corner. She drew it when Jade was in coma. Many more tears started to fall from her cheeks. That was until someone tipped on her shoulder.

Perrie flinched for a second before looking up. Jade. Wow, that girl really seemed to follow her. Perrie was actually expecting Zayn or Selena, or even Leigh or Jesy. But not Jade. In that moment Perrie realized, that she probably made Jade feel really guilty. Jade probably thought Perrie didn't like the present or that she did something wrong, but that wasn't actually true.

"It's not about you.", Perrie whispered weak. "I used to date a girl not long ago and.. She gave me this book as an early christmas present and I guess.. It was all just too much."

"Who was she?", Jade asked. She was really worried about Perrie, actually.

Perrie sighed, "I don't really wanna talk about it, if you don't mind. It's still fresh. I thought she was the love of my life."

"You still love her, don't you?", Jade asked. She sat down on a chair next to Perrie. Perrie actually couldn't believe what was happening. Jade was talking to her, about herself, actually. Perrie couldn't tell her that Jade was her Ex-Girlfriend. Not now and she'd probably never have the strength to do it.

Jade slowly put her hand on Perrie's. Perrie started to shiver. It was amazing how Jade still had that effect on her. Butterflies were flying around her stomach and Perrie just really, really wanted to kiss her so badly, but she couldn't. At least, this was one little babystep to go back to how they used to be. Maybe she'll get her back after all. 

"How could I ever stop? I don't know.. It was really complicated at first, but we kinda found our way to each other, but then we had this.. - ", just then Perrie realized she couldn't keep talking. That would reveal it all and make it all worse.

Luckily, Heather suddenly came on the balcony. For once, Perrie was really thankful for Heather's existence. "Jadey, babe. I was wondering when you'd come back to me.", the girl said. Jadey? Perrie thought, that was my nickname for her! She could feel how anger and jealously were building up in her. Calm down, Pez, Perrie thought to herself.

"Give me five minutes.", Jade said while turning to Heather. She immediately turned back to Perrie and gave her a slight smile.

"It's okay, I'll just go back to Selena. Thank you, Jade, for this book. It's a really cute presents, with a lovely backstory to it, but I'll tell you about it another time.", Perrie smiled. The whole time, even though Heather showed up, Jade didn't take her hand away. It was as if it was the most normal thing for Jade. Perrie stood up and went back inside. 

The minute Perrie came back inside, Zayn stood up. "You okay?", he asked and came up to her. Perrie wrapped her arms around him and hugged him tight.

"You were right. I regret it.", Perrie whispered with a slight smile. He hugged her back even tighter. They stayed in that position for awhile until Perrie broke the hug and went over to Selena. 

Leigh and Jesy exchanged looks like they knew what just happened. That smile on Perrie's face. They haven't seen that smile on her face for a long time already, so maybe, but just maybe, Jade and Perrie might still have a chance.

~

A/N

A short chapter from me :) The next ones will be waay longer and better, but I still hope you like this one ! :)