19 | "Because I care."

"H-Hey.", Jade stuttered.

Perrie raised her head. Everytime she looked at Jade it was magical, but this time, it was different. It was like two souls finding each other again. It was like two people held their breath for a whole year and now they could breath again. This situation was weird, but Jade was just so glad to see her beauty again. And Perrie? Perrie didn't know what to say. Of course, she was happy to see Jade again, but she also felt really guilty for leaving. Well, yes, she thought Jade would never be able to love her again, but that didn't mean Perrie didn't love her. And after all, Jade ran after her. So maybe there was hope after all.

"Hey.", Perrie whispered. Her voice was weak and cracked because she's been crying the whole time until Jade showed up. Perrie hesitated, but gave Jade a slight smile. It was like a weight put off of her shoulders when Jade returned the smile and sat down next to her on the big stone.

There was an uncomfortable silence in the air. Both didn't know what to say and overall this situation was just awkward. Jade couldn't take it anymore and decided to break the silence, "How are you?", was all she said. Although this question was pretty dumb, she had to start somewhere. She wanted to know what happened. Why Perrie left, if she was kidnapped or if she decided to leave on her own, and how life has been treating her since last year. All Jade wanted to know was if she was happy or not.

Perrie snorted, "I don't know." She let out a little laugh. "What about you?"

"Well, - Last year wasn't that bad. New album, a little tour, overall it was pretty great. Except that..", Jade stopped for a second, "Except that I didn't have my girlfriend with me."

"I'm sorry.", Perrie whispered. Perrie was staring at the bottom. She couldn't look Jade in the eyes. She was so ashamed of herself. And she felt so guilty.

"What's with the brunette hair?", Jade asked instead of answering to what Perrie just said. Now it wasn't the time to apologize. She wanted answers.

Perrie sighed, "I dyed it."

"Why?", Jade asked curiously.

"Because I had to."

"You're not really in the mood to answer my questions, aren't you?", Jade asked.

"Then why do you keep asking questions?", Perrie asked and swung her gaze over to Jade.

Jade didn't say anything for a while, because she was too distracted by the beauty's blue eyes. Something was different about them. They didn't shine as they usually did.

"Because I care.", Jade answered and broke eye-contact.

Perrie's heart fluttered at that sentence. She hadn't hear it in a long time. Perrie wanted to explain everything to her, but she didn't know how. This was a mess. A huge mess.

"I'd love to explain everything to you, but I don't think you would understand.", Perrie whispered.

Jade shrugged her shoulders while staring into the sunset, "I could at least try."

Perrie hesitated, but put her hand on Jade's shoulder. She wanted to touch her. She hadn't done that for a year and she missed it. Perrie missed everything. Jade, Jade's touch, the way Jade always held her in her arms, the way they fell asleep together, the way they kissed each other. Everything.

Jade flinched for a second since she didn't see that coming, but the second she realized what happened, she relaxed. "Please don't tell Zayn, or the girls.", Perrie begged in a whisper.

Jade sighed. She didn't know if this was the right thing to do. Zayn was her family and Perrie's best friend, he deserved to know. And Jesy and Leigh were her 'sisters'. They deserved to know too. "I don't know, Perrie."