14 | A little box

It was around 2am when Perrie called her manager and it was also around 2am when Jade and Heather got back home. Jade was still pretty overwhelmed by what was happening, but Heather didn't seem to notice. It was like she didn't even care that Jade was being so quiet.

"I'll take a quick shower, babe.", Heather said and Jade just nodded. Heather disappeared in the bathroom. Jade was playing with the thought of calling Perrie to see how she was doing. The brunette was worried sick. She wanted to know where Perrie was, what she was doing and with who she was. Jade didn't want the same thing to happened as last time where Perrie ended up at her apartment. Perrie was fragile and Jade knew that. Tonight Jade realized that she messed up real big, but she knew that it wasn't possible to go back now. 

Jade went into her bedroom. She just wanted to go sleep and then wake up the morning after as if nothing ever happened. She wanted to forget all of these scenes that happened today. Heather was a great girlfriend and Jade felt loved. But Jade wasn't sure if she even was still in love with her. The more she got to know Perrie, the less she wanted to be with Heather. The more she got to see Perrie face, the less she was appreciating Heather's presence. Jade wanted to hold the blonde beauty, she wanted to kiss her and tell her that whatever's going on right now, she'll always be there. She wanted to remember. But now there was no coming back anymore. Perrie was clearly heartbroken and Jade didn't want to make it worse. Jade knew it was wrong for her to keep her and Heather's relationship still alive since someone else got her heart, but she didn't dare to break someone else's heart too. Jade had always been the selfless one, which is why she hated herself for being so selfish lately. She did some things she shouldn't have done. Basically, she was too selfless that her selflessness turned into selfishness.

Jade layed down on her bed and went to sleep. She still noticed how Heather joined her and put her arms around the brunette. Jade felt comfortable, but the aching in her heart that were telling her that what was happening was wrong, made her feel very uncomfortable. She still managed to fall asleep after a long while.

It was around 4am when Jade suddenly woke up without an actual reason. She just couldn't sleep. All the thoughts in her head were driving her crazy and she needed to put them out somewhere. Normally, she'd write a song now, but she wasn't sure if that'd help. But at least could try. Which is why Jade slowly stood up, - she didn't want to wake Heather - and went into the living room where her notebook was. She grabbed it and a pen and sat down on the couch. Jade just started to write the first things that came into her mind.

  "Can your heart be mine in search
'Cause I have no time to help you find
All the words
Melodies and memories
Stories that sound absurd
I will tell no lies
"  

She wasn't sure what this was supposed to be, but since Leigh and her still needed three songs for the album to be finished, Jade just kept writing. The brunette couldn't stop thinking about Perrie. Everytime she thought of her she had a lump in her throat. Jade was just so worried that something might happened to her. The brunette looked back at her notebook and tried to concentrate on that first.

"As long as you look me in the eyes
I'll go wherever you are
I'll follow behind (oh oh oh)

Heard about all the things you done
And all the walls you've been in
Heard about all the love you lost
It was over before it began
Heard about all the miles you've gone
Just to start again
Heard about all the things you've been through
It sounds like you need a friend, a friend
"

Jade hated herself for not remembering her and Perrie's relationship. If she at least could remember a few things, she'd do things different. Maybe she'd understand Perrie's side more and maybe they could find a way out of this. Together. But Jade knew this wasn't possible. Especially, since she had the feeling that Perrie wouldn't want any kind of contact to her.

"Please don't wait
I'm not coming home tonight
I wanna love you but I can't (oh oh oh)

As long as you look me in the eyes
I'll go wherever you are
I'll follow behind (oh oh oh)

Heard about all the things you done
And all the walls you've been in
Heard about all the love you lost
It was over before it began
Heard about all the miles you've gone
Just to start again
Heard about all the things you've been through
It sounds like you need a friend, a friend
"

Jade decided to stop there. She didn't want to finish the whole song just now. She wanted to take time for it. It was supposed to be a heartfelt, but truthfull song and for that, she needed enough time. She closed her notebook and put it back in the drawer. That's where Jade noticed something. A little box. Jade furrowed her eyebrows in confusion while taking the little box. She looked at it and wondered what it was. Well, she actually already had an idea, but that couldn't be true, right? As far as Jade knew, she never bought an engagement ring for Heather, which is why it could only have been for one person.

The brunette slowly opened the box and there it was. A ring. A very beautiful ring, actually. She looked closer and realized that it was a very expensive ring also. But what really got to Jade was the fact that on the exterior of the ring, there was something engraved on it. "J.T+P.E", Jade whispered as a little tear streamed down her face. She was going to propose to Perrie before they had the accident. Jade couldn't believe it.

And suddenly..

Memories started to flow back. Their first kiss, their first meeting, their first time. Jade didn't know why she started to remember, but she did. And all she wanted now was Perrie. Jade remembered the car crash and the award show. You have no idea how much Jade regretted everything that has happened after the car crash. Heather, hurting Perrie, not finding the ring earlier. Everything.

Which is why Jade grabbed her phone and searched for Leigh's number. Jade knew that Perrie wasn't going to pick up if she'd try to call her and Leigh would probably be awake by now since Jade knew that Leigh had to wake up early for a photoshoot. After the phone rang a few times, Leigh finally answered.

"Hello?"

"Leigh, I think I did a huge mistake. I need your help.", Jade spoke quickly, but quietly so she wouldn't wake Heather.

"What do you mean?"

"Do you know where Perrie is?", Jade asked.

"No, sorry..", Leigh sighed, "But I'll call you as soon as I see her, okay?"

"Yeah..", Jade said and hung up. She just sat there and cried. Knowing now that it was Perrie that she loved all along and that she must have hurt Perrie about a thousand times already since the car crash was all too much. But Jade knew one thing: She had to take this ring, find Perrie and do what she wanted to do almost four months ago. 

Asking the beauty to marry her..

Though.. If she knew what Perrie was doing right now.

"You're sure?", her manager asked Perrie. This was a tough decision and if Perrie was serious, it would change everything. Including her career. Perrie wouldn't be Perrie anymore and she knew that with this decision, she was going to destroy some friendships. But as long as she could start over, she was fine.

Perrie nodded, "I'm sure."

-

A/N

DOUBLE UPTADE!! YAAY!!

I'm sorry for always ending on a cliffhanger :D The next Chapters are so going to be fire ;) At least I hope so! Next Chapter will have a ONE YEAR TIME JUMP. So get ready !! :D 

By the way: When you find out what happened, you'll be shocked because like.. Why would her management let that happen? :D 

Anyways, please tell me what you think and what do you think will happen next :D