Somebody that I used to know

I looked shocked at her, my mouth hung open and I was seriously not expecting to see her here. Well okay yes I did, but I didn't expect her to recognize me or to meet me.

“What are you doing here?” She asked, suddenly breaking into a huge grin and hugging me tight. I was confused, and hugged her back, patting her back awkwardly.

“I uh … I'm the photographer of OM&M” I replied, as we pulled apart.

“That's amazing! Oh god, you've changed so much” She stated, pointing to my hair.

“Wha- Oh yes, dyed it … Got tired of the old colour” I replied, making her nod and smile. “So uh … how are you?” I asked unsure.

“Oh, I'm fine! Better than I've ever been!” She smiled. But suddenly her smile dropped “But how are you?” She asked worried. I cursed under my breath.

“I'm fine as well, I mean life has been great in the past months … I had my ups and downs but it was mostly good” I replied, trying to smile. She nodded, smiling sadly. “Sooooo...” I said, hoping she'd say something.

“You need to talk to the others as well!” She stated sighing.

“No I won't” I laughed at the idea.

“No really Jay, they all miss you like crazy!” She continued, but I shook my head.

“Haley listen, I left for good. You've been great guys. And I know that you're doing all well, so there's no-” She cut me off.

“Not all of us are great, you know?” She said, making me look confused at her “Alice only came on tour because that way, she wouldn't be alone at home. Jack hasn't been the same ever since you guys split up. I never saw him like that. He's been awful” She explained, making me now look shocked at her.

“But he was the one to end it!” I fought.

“Doesn't mean he doesn't miss you and understands he made a mistake” She argued.

“Cass told him, didn't she?” I asked, my voice barely above a whisper.

“She told us all. But the more important question, why didn't you tell him?” She asked confused.

“I had no chance, he'd cut me off every time I'd start talking” I replied, shaking my head.

“You need to talk about it” She stated.

“It won't make us mates again. So I can also just drop the topic” I said, turning around to walk away. “Oh and, please don't tell anybody I'm here... I really don't need them coming to me and saying how much they've missed me” I said, making her nod sadly. I nodded back in a way to say thank you, before grabbing Laura's arm and we both walked back to the bus.

Jack's POV

“ALEX LET'S GO OUT” I yelled, trying to get Alex to run around and just do shit as always.

“I can't! I'm winning this!” He said, pointing at the TV where he was playing HALO against some dude online. Alex was losing terribly, but I guess he just didn't get the point of it.

I laughed it off and walked into the kitchen.

“I love you” Zack mumbled against Alice, and it seriously looked like they were just licking each others faces clean. I had to bite my lip to stop me from laughing, before grabbing a can of beer out of our fridge and walking back into the back lounge.

“When's our set again?” I asked Rian who's been on the phone to Cass for a while now.

“Hang on babe, uh in two hours” Rian said, before going back to what I guess was telephone sex with Cass. I chuckled at my thoughts, before deciding to go and walk the place on my own.