Shut up and kiss me now

A week in the woods. We wanted to be alone, and now we were. We found a cute little house in middle of the woods, surrounded by nothing but nature.

It was nice, but still weird. We weren't able to use our phones, which meant to connection to the outside world until we got out of here. But I didn't complain, it was nice living without the constant notifications from twitter or tumblr.

We had just arrived and it was 8pm. The house was dark, and after we got all our stuff inside, it felt kinda warm. It felt like a home to me.

We decided to put on a fire in the chimney, sitting down in front of it. I cuddled into Jack's side, as he hugged me tightly, kissing my head.

“Do you want to talk about it?” Jack asked quietly.

“Give me a minute” I sighed, making Jack nod. I was still sad. But to be honest, sad didn't quite reach it. I was suffering, but in the past week it was getting better. I couldn't quite believe that a life, that has barely begun, ended so quickly. Shivers started to build up on my body, making me shake.

“I'm just so … So ...” I started, but couldn't find the right word to explain my feeling.

“Outraged?” Jack finished for me. I nodded, sighing. Sitting up, I sat cross-legged across from Jack, looking at him. “I understand you... And I know my words will sound harsh but Jay … We have to move on” He said, making me bite my lip.

“I know we do … It's just so hard, we never had a proper ending. We just had to give his corps away, hoping the best for him. We had no funeral for him. It's like he was never even there” I said, looking helplessly at him.

He sighed and looked down.

“I know” he mumbled, making me bite back tears. “Why does this has to happen to us” I asked, more myself than Jack.

“Because life's not fair” Jack replied, making me smile.

“It should be” I said, making him nod.

“Yeah, but it won't be … We have to work for it … and somehow make it better” He said, shaking his head.

“Yeah … somehow” I laughed, making him smile at me.

“I really missed it” he said.

“Missed what?” I asked confused.

“Your laugh, and your smile” He said, making me blush.

“It has never been away” I said laughing, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

“It has” Jack sighed, getting closer to me.

I shook my head and leaned onto Jack's shoulder.

“Do you know what I really like about this place?” I asked, looking at the fire and how the sparks were flying up in the air, before flaming out and falling back to the ground.

“What?” Jack asked, in a hushed tone.

“That we are really, for the first time, alone” I replied, making him smile.

“Agreed” he said, making me smile.

“Jack, I love you” I said, for no particular reason at all. But the thing is, we said it to less in the last time. We barely talked anyways, but we couldn't even say those three words.

Getting them off my chest, felt so good, and the fact that he knew I meant them, was even better.

“I love you too” he reply, making me smile. “Do you want to go for a walk” He asked after a few moments of silence.