Chapter Nine

1 WEEK LATER

RAE

"Enjoy your girly day out Rae."

Vic comes up behind me in the bathroom while I was applying my makeup and snakes his arms around my waist making me jump and nearly smudge my eyeliner.

"Erin and Alysha like me, no matter how nice I am to Jessica she hates me. I heard her telling Erin that you'd made a mistake choosing me because Danielle fit in better with everyone."

Vic sighs, "You can't please everyone, Rae. But you do fit in and everyone in the band loves you. You're strong and don't take shit from anyone."

He was right, he was always right. Turning around I cup his chin and kiss him, "have fun in the studio, Vic."

~Shopping Mall~

Alysha and I meet Erin at the water fountain; Jessica was running late and had a surprise for us. Erin promised that this was going to be the girlfriends of Pierce The Veil day and I was excited. I could do with some more San Diego friendly clothes, as I didn't own many clothes in Hawaii.

"Hi girls, I know Erin said it was only going to be the four of us but I couldn't not invite this girl along."

I look up from my phone to see Jessica had arrived, and behind her was the last person I expected to see. Danielle, Vic's ex was quite literally in front of me glaring at me. Erin's face is unreadable, while Alysha looks like she wants to say something to stand up for Vic since he was Mike's brother but can't find the words.

"It feels like forever since we saw each other. I've missed you guys. Oh hi, you must be my replacement."

Danielle smirks and puts out her perfectly manicured for me to shake. I was fuming she had the nerve to call me a replacement after what she did, but if I didn't play nice she'd win.

"I prefer the term upgrade, and hi my names Rae."

I shake her hand, and if looks could kill her glare would have turned me into a puddle on the floor.

"Come on girls let's have a fun shopping day just like the old days."

Jessica links her arm through Danielle's and they walk off into the mall.

"I'm so sorry Rae I didn't know Jessica was bringing her." Erin finally found her voice, and I know I can't be mad at her.

"We'll ignore her and still have a great day. Now come on I want to shop."

Alysha grabs both Erin's and my hand and starts to drag us behind her after Jessica and Danielle. Alysha was right; we could still have a good time if I just ignored Danielle and her glares.

~1 Hour Later~

I don't know if anyone's ever been the fifth wheel but it's not a nice feeling. Alysha and Erin started off sticking by my side and we were starting to have a good time, but I soon learnt Danielle was very manipulative into getting what she wanted. After a few shops, the four of them were in their own little world, catching up, gossiping, and giggling about situations and people I didn't know. I could disappear and no one would notice.

And that's what I did when they walked into Victoria Secrets. I thought it would be nice to have friends again, but I didn't belong in their group. They would always be friends and it would be hard for me to find a way in. Next to them I felt small and ugly. I preferred flat shoes to any sort of heel, and I didn't really understand the fuss behind a face full of makeup and over styling my hair into something I wasn't.

I come across my favourite shop in the whole world, Yankee Candle. I might have a small obsession with candles, but they made a room smell nice and looked pretty on every surface in every colour under the sun. Now I was on my own I could actually go into the shops I wanted to go in. My eyes are drawn to a black candle which had the scent 'Autumn Night' and when I took the lid off the jar and smelt I was I heaven.