Chapter Seventeen

*Final Chapter*

VIC

"Are you sure they don't hate me for just up and leaving?"

Rae was clinging onto my arm for dear life as we walked through the hotel lobby where I was staying with the rest of the gang.

"They don't hate you, they all missed you so much."

I'd messaged the gang and told them to meet us back at the hotel because I had a plan.

"Let's go outside by the pool."

Rae tilts her head, genuine confusion written across her features, "err, okay if you want Vic."

I guide Rae out to the pool area which I'd had the hotel reserve for us so that no one could bother us. I stand her in front of the pool and she gasps loudly, her surprise was in the pool holding up signs.

Jaime's sign read 'Will'

Tony's sign read 'You'

Erin's sign read 'Marry'

Mike's sign read 'Vic'

Alysha's sign read 'Please'

Jessica's sign read '?'

"Oh my god Vic is this real?"

Rae turns around, but I'm down on one knee holding out a different ring since Danielle's memory tainted the last one.

"Yes it is Rae, I wanted to find a romantic way to propose and what better way than in Hawaii surrounded by our new family. Will you be a part of my family? Will you marry me?"

Rae nods her head, holding her hand over her mouth.

"Of course I'll marry you, Vic. I couldn't ask for anything more romantic."

I stand up and put the ring on her finger, I was really doing this. I'd finally grown a pair and asked the right girl to marry me. Mama and Papa were going to have a field day when I rang them later.

Rae throws herself at me, wrapping her arms around my neck before smashing her lips down on mine. I don't hesitate to kiss her back, not caring that my family and friends were still floating around in the pool.

"Welcome to the Fuentes family Rae, you're officially one of us now."

Rae's ripped away from me by Mike who spins her around making her squeal and complain quite loudly that he was wet and she was dry.

"That's what she said."

Alysha takes Rae off of Mike and squeezes her like a teddy bear as if she was afraid to lose Rae again.

"Hello to you to Alysha. Now please release me."

Next, up Tony and Erin take it in turns to smother Rae with love and attention. Then Jaime approaches her with a nervous looking Jessica.

"Rae, I'm so sorry for what happened with Danielle. I didn't think she'd actually go through with. Can you forgive me for being an awful human being and friend?"

Rae smiles and walks up to Jessica before hugging her.

"I forgive you, Jess, you were threatened and well let's move on and start again."

Jessica laughs, "You really are a one of a kind girl Rae."

"She really is Jess and she's all mine now so if you guys will excuse us, Rae and I have some unfinished business."

"I would say go get some big brother, but I see Rae as a sister and don't want that image in my head thank you very much."

Both Rae and I laugh at Mike who shivers on the spot. I take my fiancée's hand and we leave the pool area.

"Thank you for flying to Hawaii to get me back Vic."

I smile and squeeze her hand, "I'd travel all around the world to get you back Rae."

Rae snorts, "You're cheesy Vic Fuentes, but it's one of the reasons I love you."