Chapter Eleven

2 WEEKS LATER

RAE

"Where are we going, Alysha?"

I turn my head to stare at Mike's girlfriend who had come to mine and Vic's house this morning and pretty much kidnapped me. Vic had done nothing to stop her which made me think he was involved in whatever Alysha had planned. I threatened Mike over the phone but he laughed and hung up on me telling me to have a lovely day. Alysha taps the steering wheel with her perfectly manicured fingers smirking at the desperate and suspicious tone in my voice.

"Erin and I felt awful for how we treated you on the shopping trip so we decided to have a fun girl's day just the three of us if that's okay with you Rae. We do really want to get to know you and welcome you to our little family."

Vic knew that I didn't have many friends who were girls back in Hawaii preferring to hang out with guys who were far less high maintenance. But maybe this second chance might show me that I need some girls in my life, especially when I needed to moan about boys.

"Thanks, Alysha, what are we doing?"

"Well, Erin wanted to get coffee and cakes because she's obsessed with baked goods so we'll be doing that, and I think you have lovely nails that need a kick-ass manicure so that's on the list. We might also get ice cream and walk down the beach. How does that sound?"

I was surprised, it was girly but not too girly, Just my cup of tea.

We pull up outside a small looking coffee shop, that from the outside looked like an old fashioned cottage which was cute and screamed Erin.

"Rae, I'm so happy you came. Can I just start by saying how sorry I am from the bottom of my heart."

Erin pulls me into a bone crushing hug which you wouldn't expect from such a small person. I hug her back.

"Well, I couldn't say no when this one kidnapped me from my house. But I do forgive you guys because it seems you've put a lot of thought into today."

Erin pulls back and claps her hands together, "yay now to have cake and coffee. I already went ahead and ordered some cakes because I got impatient waiting."

Alysha chuckles, "we aren't even late Erin, you have a cake problem."

The three of us sit down on the sofas in the corner of the shop and my eyes go wide seeing a number of cakes in front of us, damn Erin went overboard.

"I'll get us some drinks."

Alysha gets up and heads towards the counter leaving me alone with Erin.

"I have a feeling you're only tasting all these cakes so you can make better ones on your blog Erin."

She raises her hands in surrender, "guilty as charged Rae."

Alysha returns with three coffees and we dig into all the treats, this was a great way to start the day. We got some pretty funny selfies which we posted online, I'd learnt pretty quickly to ignore the hate especially when the comments came from disgruntled fans who either hated that Vic was no longer single, or were team Danielle all the way.

~Nail Salon~

"Do you want colour or straight up French manicure Rae? Your nails need a lick of life."

Alysha scopes out the many rows of coloured nail varnishes while Erin and I relax in comfy armchairs and get our feet massaged.

"I'm thinking French Alysha, and not too long since I need my nails at a reasonable length for my photography."

"Well, I'm going bright girlfriends."

I shake my head as Alysha waves a green colour in front of our faces, it wouldn't look good on me but she was out there.

"We should get food after this and walk down the beach."

Both Erin and Alysha nod in agreement at my suggestion. Today had been stress-free and I'd actually learnt so much about these lovely ladies and vice versa, I was beginning to feel like part of the family. I just needed Jessica's seal of approval.

~Beach~

"Oh my god the light is perfect here, I need to take a picture."

I pull out my camera, the sun was setting over the water and it was a gorgeous backdrop. Alysha nudges me and laughs, while Erin shakes her head and continues eating the pizza slices we'd gotten earlier.

"See Rae, I told you to bring your camera this morning."

"I give it ten seconds before Alysha decides to jump in and model for you Rae."

Ten seconds pass and Erin's words come true as Alysha slowly edges her way into the frame wearing an innocent smile that held mischief.

"Okay, Alysha do your thing."

Alysha throws her hair over one shoulder dramatically and falls naturally into poses, then again this was her day job.

"Work the camera girl."

I turn the camera on Erin who was cheering Alysha on and manage to get some nice natural shots before she panics and becomes shy.

"No Rae, I'm not camera ready."

Alysha snorts behind me, "Erin you are beautiful, let your hair down and have some fun."

Erin bites her lip then a few seconds later throws her arms up in the air in defeat, "you're right Alysha lets have some fun tonight."

Alysha and I cheer in unison. Erin stands next to Alysha and starts to pull stupid and silly faces.

"Your turn Rae, time to get your pretty face in front of the camera for a change."

Before I can protest Alysha takes the camera off me and pushes me next to Erin who rolls her eyes.

"You got me into this mess Rae now you have to join me as well."

Members of the public walk past the three of us shooting us odd looks like we were deranged hyenas because of how much laughing and cackling we were doing. At some point, Alysha manages to angle the camera so she could be in the picture as well.

~1 Hour Later~

"See you later girls."

Erin hugs Alysha then me before walking off to her car. Alysha and I climb back into her car and start to make our way home.

"Thank you for today Alysha, it was wonderful. Maybe I need more girlfriends in my life instead of guys."

"Now we just need to work on Jessica, trust me she'll come around eventually."

I hoped Jessica and I could see eye to eye one day, but for now, two out of three girlfriends liking me was fine with me.

My phone goes off on my lap, it was a message off Vic.

Vic: Did you have a nice day with the girls? I missed you today x

Rae: It was really fun, we did so many things and I feel like I belong in this group x we're on our way back now so you won't have to miss me much longer babe x

"I'm guessing that's Vic because of the way your face lit up Rae. You two really were made for each other."

My cheeks start to heat up at Alysha's casual comment, looks like it wasn't just Vic and me who thought we'd been put on this earth to meet each other and fall in love.

"I really do love him, Alysha, he's my rock and best friend."

Alysha squeals, "I ship it, end game."

I shake my head, Vic and I weren't there just yet but maybe somewhere down the line we'd take the next step.