Chapter Thirteen

1 MONTH LATER

RAE

"Shit! What am I going to do now?"

I poke my head out of my bunk to see Jessica pacing up and down the bunk area.

"What's wrong Jess?"

She stops pacing and stares at me. These last couple of weeks we'd talked more when alone and things were less awkward, but we still weren't braiding each other's hair.

"I've got a date with Jaime and I kind of spilt drink on the dress I was going to wear."

I clamber out of my bunk, "we can sort this out Jess, I mean we're the same size so I'm pretty sure I have something you can borrow."

Jess looks at me like I'd grown two heads for a split second, "why would you do something like that for me, Rae?"

"Because at the end of the day girls need to stick together and I know how much you're looking forward to this date. Come on let's see if we can find you a dress."

I pull out my suitcase and start to root through it, with Jess looking over my shoulder. She even sometimes compliments my style.

"I like that dress Rae, is it okay if I borrow it?"

She pulls out a purple and black halter neck dress, one I didn't even know I'd packed.

"Sure, go try it on and then we'll do your hair and makeup."

I put my suitcase away and wait for Jess to put the dress on in the bathroom. This was an odd turn of events, and no one else was on the bus to witness this big step in our friendship.

"How do I look? Do you think Jaime will like it?"

I look up and smile, Jess looked stunning in my dress.

"If I swung your way I wouldn't say no. Plus Jaime would love it if you showed up with a bag over your head, he's going to go weak in the knees when he sees you."

Jess laughs, "I know this is a little late and a bit off Rae, but do you think you could accept my apology for the way I've been a bitch to you?"

I nod, "I accept your apology, now you don't have long until you have to be at the restaurant so let's do your hair and makeup."

JESSICA

~After Meal~

"Thank you for tonight Jaime, it was a nice meal."

Jaime grins like an idiot, "I'd do anything for you, babe. I can't say this enough but you look amazing."

I blush, "Rae let me borrow one of her dresses when I ruined mine. We also buried the hatchet and I think we might actually be friends now."

"I'm happy to hear that your friends at last. I'm proud you took the high road, Jess. Now I'm going to get us a taxi."

I watch Jaime walk off to find us a taxi. Tonight couldn't have gone better, I loved our little date nights. My phone vibrates in my bag, so I take it out only to see a message off Danielle.

Danielle: Are you still on for our plan?

My happy mood drops. I'd forgotten for a second that Danielle had roped me into a plan to break up Vic and Rae on this tour, that was back when I wasn't a Rae fan but now I liked the sweet girl.

Jessica: I don't think we should do it anymore Danielle. Don't you think you should move on? Vic's happy with Rae

Danielle: Are you telling me that your friends with that boyfriend stealing bitch! You traitor!

Jessica: I think you need to calm down Danielle. I can still be friends with you as well as her.

Danielle: Don't you dare tell anyone the plan! I'm still going to go through with it!

Jessica: What if I tell Rae and Vic?

Danielle: I have evidence that this plan was half your idea Jess so I'll take you down with me! Keep quiet!

I didn't know how to reply to that threat. Yes, I'd been 50/50 on the breakup Vic and Rae plan, but now Danielle thought she could threaten one of her best friends. I couldn't let Danielle break up Vic and Rae, but Jaime would hate me as would the girls and the rest of the band. Dammit, now my night was ruined.