7

A/N: I made a small little trailer, video for this story that I posted on youtube if anyone wants to check it out, or maybe share it/this story.. If the video above doesn't work, message me and I can send the link. Thank You so much for reading. 

Taehyung stands, elbows resting on the counter, he uses a fork and eats the cake not even bothering to cut it. He starts eating it.

Last year on this day he was surrounded by his friends, he just had dinner with his family and his friends decided to take him out, they bought him a cupcake and sang happy birthday for about six minutes before letting him blow out the candles and make a wish. His wish every year until this year was for him to get smarter. Or at least smart enough to the point his dad wouldn't call him an idiot. 

Becoming deaf didn't make him feel any less of an idiot, it shouldn't. He has learned more this way then he learned in the past, he might just not realize it yet. 

Becoming deaf has forced Taehyung to Pay attention more, he has and is still learning on ways to live a normal life while dealing with something that is different than he had to deal with in the past. He used to never read and now he has to read captions even when just watching television. 

Taehyung stuffs his face with more cake as he thinks of his old friends. He takes his cell phone out of his back pocket and texts Jungkook asking him if he wanted a piece of cake. A few minutes later the red flashing light catches Taehyungs attention. Taehyung goes and opens the front door where Jungkook stands, he didn't even text back, as soon as he saw the word cake he got up and left his apartment faster than he ever did before. 

"Cake?" He asks with a huge smile on his face. Taehyung moves to the side and Jungkook walks right on in. Taehyung closes the door, closing it louder than he intended it to. But he didn't realize that. 

Jungkook looks at the lonely candle in the middle of the cake wondering why it would be there. Maybe he likes candles, maybe its decoration, maybe its edible, no thats not it, it looks used..... Jungkook think... its his birthday! Wait it's his birthday... he hears footsteps coming closer making him stand up straight. Taehyung goes on the other side of the counter from Jungkook,pulls out a fork from the cabinet and hands it out, Jungkook notices the chocolate frosting around the corner of Taehyung's lips as he takes the fork out of his hands. 

"So its your birthday" Taehyung isn't looking at him. He reaches over the table and taps Taehyung's shoulder. 

"your, birthday?" He asks and Taehyung shrugs a yes 

"Happy Birthday!!!" Jungkook says really loudly, even though Taehyung can't hear his excitement, he can see it in Jungkook's facial features, he's smiling so wide his eyes are squinting, all his teeth are showing. 

"Thank you" Taehyung says smiling. 

"We should see a movie tonight to celebrate" Jungkook says and Taehyung looks at his hands. 

The movie needs to have captions unless I'll miss so much going on, he starts over thinking. 

"captions" is all he can manage to say, reaching his hand over the counter top, Jungkook puts his hand over Taehyung's. Jungkook's hand warms Taehyung's, he looks up and their eyes meet. 

"We will find the perfect movie" Jungkook says and he pauses, Taehyung doesn't say a word as he looks at Jungkook's lips waiting for more words to come out. 

"With captions" Jungkook adds and Taehyung smile doesn't even fade away, those words keeping his smile permanently on his face. Taehyung moves his hand from under Jungkook's, making his hand colder and Jungkook's palm to touch the table.