43-F I N A L

Taehyung didn't tell anyone this moment was happening, he didn't believe it was going to work, it didn't the first time why would it now. They called him and he watched an interpreter sign on his phone screen as the doctor spoke. When he hung up he put his earphones in which he hasn't for a few days, but he wanted the comfort again so no one can attempt talking to him, self conscious ready to be disappointed yet again. He looks over at Jungkook's door, his hands in his green jacket pocket wondering if he should go over and knock at his door but then realizing its five in the morning and he didn't want Jungkook to be disappointed to. 

Three days ago Jungkook asked him to move in together but it wasnt until last night that he texted Jungkook back, 'I couldn't wait, I needed to answer, I think we should move in together, but my apartment is already set up for me so I don't think I should leave it', Jungkook was quick to answer almost as if he was sat by his phone waiting. 'How about I move into your apartment' Taehyung thought about it 'I'll see if I have room' he texted smiling at his phone screen. 'Then, I'll move in, in one month?' Jungkook questioned, Taehyung agreed.

 He gets onto the bus and takes his seat wondering what they had planned for him at the doctors office. Once he gets there he signs in, being the only person in the waiting room he gets called in almost automatically.

The doctor connects the hearing aid, the one that is supposed to help him hear at least a slight noise or small pieces of voices, all his old hearing won't reappear but it should help him hear to some extent. A few minutes before they connected it when Taehyung wasnt paying attention and was focused on the doctor. 

Jungkook was lead into the room, his sign language teacher connects a FM system that will be linked to Taehyung's hearing aid, so he can directly hear Jungkook clearer than anything else in the room. She puts a mic on Jungkook's color and connects a box to his pocket. She explained the system to him an hour before hand, explaining how usually teachers use it when they have a deaf student because the farther they get from their student the more noise is around and it can be heard for the student to hear the teacher but with the mic they can hear better then being in distance with noise only through the hearing aid. Jungkook is standing a little far back from Taehyung so he won't give himself away but yet close enough that he can hear him as clearly as possible. 

The doctor turns on the hearing aid and sits there waiting, Taehyung's heart almost drops as theres no noise but the doctor isn't moving, her mouth isn't moving but physically she isn't moving either so he wouldn't even be able to hear a chair move everything is still. He's confused. 

"Taehyung" A voice he doesn't recognizes speaks-of course its one he doesn't know he doesn't know anyone's voice in the area- and he looks at his doctor confused, his emotions scrambled he can hear something, someone. He starts thinking its his imagination since he's not seeing a person the voice is coming from.

"I'm wondering if you can hear this, if you are please make a peace sign with your right hand" 

Taehyung looks next to him confused he sees no one, the doctor tries to hide her laughter at what the boy behind Taehyung is doing. Taehyung does as he is told and Jungkook puts his hand over his mouth holding back tears that are fighting their way out wanting to be seen. 

"Taehyung, its me" he moves closer and Taehyung hears the heavy footsteps he stands up and looks around until him and Jungkook are face to face.

"It is me, Jungkook" he says tears going down his face, Taehyung starts crying but he makes no sound. Jungkook's sign language teacher leaves the room letting them be and the doctor gets up slowly but needs to finish explaining everything so she goes to the door to give them space.