8

New Years eve, Taehyung texts Jin asking if he is working. He replies saying no and that he's free. Taehyung looks over from his phone to Jungkook who is blowing up balloons and putting them on the floor when he is done tying them.

Do you want to come over? Taehyung texts and sends Jin his address, Will be there 😊 Jin texts back.

Jungkook invaded Taehyung's house a few minutes ago with a plastic bag in hand. "Don't you have other friends?" Taehyung asked and offended Jungkook pulled up his contact list which had about 50 contacts, ones he actually talks to however is like three, but he didn't tell Taehyung that. Of course Jungkook had other friends but they were all other places doing other things, just like Taehyung's. I do, but I only want to hang out with you Jungkook thought.

He then proceeded in taking out inflated balloons and streamers.

He takes out the streamers and puts them anywhere he can.

"Just don't cover the lights" Taehyung says since he depends on them. Taehyung sits on the couch watching the scene in front of him unfold. Jungkook struggling to reach really tall places. Taehyung holds in a laugh. The red light goes of which catches his attention, Jungkook hears the door bell and looks over his shoulder to see Taehyung open the door and great a stranger.

Whos this guy, why is he here, Jungkook thinks and he stands closely behind Taehyung.

Jin signs a nice to see you again, and Taehyung signs telling him to come in.

"Are you also deaf?" Jungkook asks, holding a tape dispenser in his hand, Jin doesn't answer messing with Jungkook's head.

"So he is" Jungkook says outloud watching this strange person with blonde hair walk in and sit on the couch, Taehyung sits next to him and faces him as he proceeds to sign.

"He said something to you didn't he?" Taehyung signs asking about Jungkook

"He did... I didn't respond" Jin signs and Taehyung lightly pushes his shoulder

"You're so mean" He signs jokingly

"So, you're friends with Taehyung" Jin says outloud making Jungkook turn around, Jin's voice crystal clear, no accent, no mispronunciation, no pauses, or muffled. Not quite like Taehyung's is most of the time.

"So, you're not deaf" Jungkook asks

"Nope, neither are you, I'm Jin"

"I'm Jungkook" He mumbles not even looking Jin in the eyes.

This smart ass, unnatural blonde hair, who does he think he is, Jungkook thinks glaring over at Jin who is pretending not to notice the angry younger boy who is feet away from him sending eye daggers his way.
'I think he's mad at me' Jin signs and Taehyung looks over at Jungkook who is finishing putting up the last streamer.

"No, maybe tired he's been decorating all day" Taehyung signs
"He's been what all day?" Jin signs not knowing the sign for decorating, Taehyung spells out the word using sign language and Jin says "ohhh" out loud

Oh what, Jungkook thinks as he turns around to look back at Jin. He thinks he's so perfect, knowing sign language. Jungkook has the urge to sit in between the two boys on the couch but he decides not to and ops for sitting on the floor in front of the couch, he takes his phone out and scrolls down his Instagram feed seeing photos of people he knows all having fun and photos of celebrities he follows. 

"We are taking a picture" he states and he turns around to face the two boys. 

Jin signs what Jungkook said and Taehyung says out loud "Thats a great idea!". Jungkook makes sure he is into view "My idea" he says pointing to himself, not wanting Jin to take credit. The two boys give him space to sit in between them, mentally Jungkook has a party as he smugly sits in between his friend and someone he thinks of as a disturbance. Jungkook holds out his phone far enough so all three of them are in view. Jungkook shows all his teeth in a goofy smile, Jin smiles normally, and Taehyung holds up a peace sign. one two, click, Selca is taken. Jungkook posts it with the caption, ready to welcome the new year!!! he clicks to add a tag and passes the phone to Taehyung who looks at the phone screen twice before typing in his username, he hasn't posted anything in his account the whole year, he hasn't even looked at it. 

Taehyung then passes the phone to Jin who happily tags himself then passes his phone back to Jungkook. Jungkook goes to Taehyung's profile and follows it, before finding himself scrolling down, Pictures of Taehyung and two friends eating meat comes up and photos of him laughing. One picture of Taehyung running after someone Jungkook assumes to be his friends. Comments on the picture saying 'what a fun day' 'you'll never catch me', no comment response from Taehyung.  Jungkook feels the couch shift to his left and puts his phone on his lap facedown. Taehyung turns to face him, "want anything to drink?" He asks and Jungkook shakes his head no. Taehyung then faces Jin who smiles before using his hands to sign asking for water. 

show off, Jungkook thinks to himself feeling an unknown feeling of jealously. I should learn sign language. 

"So you met him, how?" Jin asks Jungkook doesn't even face him, "School" 

"how'd you find out he was deaf, he doesn't want anyone knowing"

Jungkook scoffs, you know too, "I got too close and found out" Jungkook leaves it at that not even questioning Jin how he knows Taehyung.

"His mom is friends with mine, I found out from over hearing them talk" Jin says answering a question Jungkook didn't even ask or care to hear an answer for. 

"You must have known him for a while then" Jungkook says a hint of sadness in his voice thats inaudible to Jin

"Nope, we actually just met yesterday" 

stranger danger, Jungkook thinks to himself wondering who this blonde boy really is.