25

[Song of the chapter: Love u By Teen top. Sorry I would've posted this part a few days ago but Monday was my birthday and yesterday I was busy, I'm on spring break though so hopefully the next update will be very soon, please continue leaving comments they give me so much motivation to continue writing and researching about how I can make this more realistic. When I got the idea for this story I thought of how hard it would be to write about something I've never experienced but I am trying my best]

The school day ended with Taehyung not talking to anyone, took Jungkook five minutes just to get Taehyung to look at him as they walked towards the bus stop.

"Why does he wear earphones if he can't hear?" Namjoon asks as he takes a seat behind them on the bus.

"because he doesn't want people to know" Jungkook mumbles

"A little too late for that right?" Namjoon questions

"You don't even take the bus Namjoon, why are you here?" Jungkook starts getting frustrated

"I want to apologize to him"

"Then apologize. But talking about him literally behind his back isn't really apology material even if he can't hear you"  Jungkook says turning back to see his friend who has paid for a bus fair for no reason. 

"Apologizing for degrading someones ability to play a sport, but no it wasn't just that was it, you realized you degraded an individual for his way of life, I actually don't even believe your apology, you degraded him before you even talked to him or got to know him"  he adds before looking forward and tapping his earphone wearing friend's shoulder. Taehyung looks over at him 'lets get off at the next stop' he signs and Taehyung nods his head. Taehyung has been suppressing showing the pain from where the ball hit his back, a bruise is forming, but no-one can see. Closing his eyes Taehyung takes a deep breath, in his head he's telling himself it doesn't hurt. He feels the bus jolt to a stop and Jungkook lightly takes hold of Taehyung's hand rushing them out of the bus. Running down the sidewalk hand in hand running the opposite way than the bus. Namjoon still inside not having enough time to react before the bus left the stop.

"What was that about?" Taehyung asks looking at Jungkook.

"Namjoon wanted to say something to you" Jungkook signs

"Well theres nothing worse he can say to me, you should've let him say whatever he wanted to. Now please don't sign" Taehyung says out loud

"at school our class knows" Taehyung says looking at the flowers on the ground struggling to grow.

"I will have an interpreter for the time being, when they finally get something to help me hear the teacher, the interpreter will leave" Taehyung says slowly, bending down to touch the flowers.

Jungkook can't say anything since Taehyung wouldn't hear him anyways.

"I am going to be the kid with a walking translator. Not a pocket one that has a built in dictionary, a walking one that moves its hands. Translating my main language for me" Taehyung picks the only flower that was in bloom.

He holds it up as he looks at Jungkook.

"I wonder if flowers can hear" Taehyung says changing the subject before Jungkook can add onto the other words that were said.

"No but they can feel the wind, just like you"  Jungkook says and he takes the flower into his hand.

"I can also hold flowers" He says out loud "Like I can hold you" He signs and he pulls Taehyung into a tight hug.

"Was that really necessary Jungkook" Taehyung says a little laugh leaves his lips but the pain of contact on the bruise makes him flinch.

"Okay you can let me go now" Taehyung says lightly pushing Jungkook away, but thats not what he wants, he wants Jungkook to hold him longer.

Jungkook takes his arms away from Taehyung and plays with the flower between his fingers, he places it behind Taehyung's ear.

"Why are you so cheesy" Taehyung says

"Because you like it" Jungkook says

"what?" Taehyung asks not paying attention to Jungkook's lips, Jungkook signs the sentence instead.

"Stop signing" Taehyung protests, putting his finger lightly on the flower behind his ears.

"But sometimes its easier for you"

"Challenge me" Taehyung says and he removes the flower from his ear, he holds the small flower in his hand and starts walking in the direction they should've gone in the first place. Jungkook catches up and puts Taehyung into a back hug. Taehyung's hand goes into a fist and he crushes the flower, trying to suppress showing the pain he is feeling. Who knew a basketball would leave a bruise on his back, well he didn't, he didn't expect it and he did not expect it to hurt this bad.

He drops the flower and continues to walk with Jungkook attached to his back.

"People will stare" he says ducking to get out of Jungkook's arms.

"So" Jungkook mumbles, Taehyung not hearing or seeing it.

Jungkook walks besides Taehyung, he takes out his phone and sees a bunch of text messages from Namjoon. "where did you go?" "I got of at the stop you were supposed to" "Where did you guys go?" "Dude this isn't funny" "I just wanted to apologize" "I didn't mean to neglect him, okay I was a dick" "I thought he was taking my friends away" "My first impression of him was rude because he didn't talk to me first and he took awhile to answer, it was my fault" he swipes down his phones home screen reading the messages that popped up.

"You won't be embarrassed...Right?" Taehyung asks looking at Jungkook

"Why would I be?"

Taehyung focuses closely on Jungkook's lips

"I don't know, your friend, the deaf kid who will be followed around by an older person. You'll be sitting at lunch and some person will most likely be watching me waiting for a signal so they can come over and help me out"

"That is no reason for me to be embarrassed"  Taehyung smiles and he pecks Jungkook's lips before running far ahead

"Well tomorrow we will have to see if that sentence is true" He says loudly as he runs into the apartment complex.

"see you tomorrow" he shouts before rushing up the stairs and into his apartment. He closes the door behind him and he leaves his stuff at the door before going into the bathroom, he drops his blazer on the floor. unbuttons his white shirt and lowers it down his shoulder he starts to see the bruise on his back. He completely takes it off and looks at the bruise on his back. He slowly puts his hand on his back, he touches it with a finger, he flinches. Then he touches the bruise with as much of his hand as he can. He takes in the pain.

"If I wasn't deaf it wouldn't have happened" He mumbles.

"I wouldn't be in pain if I wasn't deaf" He adds before the pain becomes unbearable and he moves his hand from his back.

"Maybe if I lay down everything will be good" he says but as soon as his back touches his bed he gets right back up. "This isn't working" He thinks then he rethinks how he should lay down without hurting his back. He decides on trying to lay on his side, then a few minutes later he's asleep with thoughts on how tomorrow will work.