42

Taehyung opens his eyes to Jungkook shaking him slightly.

"Has it been an hour already?" Taehyung mumbles trying to open his sleepy eyes wide enough to see Jungkook's response before closing them again.

"I let you sleep a few minutes more" Jungkook admits and Taehyung opens his eyes wider waking up after seeing those words. 

"I have to clean, my mom might be here soon" Taehyung says getting up. 

"I'll help" Jungkook signs and Taehyung smiles. they go into the kitchen and Jungkook laughs, he knocks on the counter to get Taehyung's attention. 

"You have like nothing to clean, its so clear" Jungkook says and Taehyung opens a cabinet 

"I never clean these" he admits and Jungkook helps him sort everything. 

"so much food for one person" Jungkook says but Taehyung doesn't see.

They finish cleaning and Taehyung looks at Jungkook.

"Thank you" 

"You know, I've realized" 

"what?" Taehyung missed what Jungkook said

"I've realized" Jungkook repeats himself.

"I don't feel comfortable with you living alone anymore, isn't it hard for you? We should live together" the comment so sudden Taehyung doesn't know what he says, the red lights in his apartment flash signaling his mom must be at the door. Jungkook rushes to open it. 

"Jungkook" she says surprised but happy to see her son's first ever friend standing there in front of her, she smiles at him. She's only holding one bag but Jungkook offers to hold it remembering when he saw Tao holding them for her the other time. 

They walk in, Taehyung walks towards his mom and signs a hello to her. 

"how are things" she signs and Taehyung signs a 'better' 

"but, they will be great from now on" Jungkook signs, getting in the middle of their conversation before he turns to put the bag in the kitchen. 

"You're learning to sign?" Taehyung's mom asks and Jungkook takes things out of the plastic bag. 

"A new hobby of mine" 

"Taehyung told me you guys have gotten closer but he never brought that up" 

"I wanted us to communicate better, I'm still pretty bad at it though" 

"but thats great that you're trying" she encourages him.He puts the boxes of food in the fridge, wondering if he should share his idea of him and Taehyung moving in together but doesn't. 

Taehyung walks into the room and they both turn to look at him. His mom and him have small talk, catching up on each others lives, Taehyung tends to leave out the bad events that have happened since she last was in the apartment. When his mom leaves Jungkook approaches him. 

"If you want to talk about moving in, let me know" he says and Taehyung nods his head. 

"you should get some rest" Jungkook signs he goes to the door to grab his stuff, Taehyung secretly wishing Jungkook would stay longer. 

-- 

Morning comes faster than normal but the  morning routine like most days stays the same, Jungkook waits for Taehyung, they go to the bus together and then go to school and sit in class before it starts. Tao is at the front of the room, he managed to put himself together the past twenty four hours. Sehun who payed someone to sit in the front row in front of Tao gets up from his seat. 

"I heard you are Chinese, I have a pen pal from China named Luhan and was wondering if I could practice Chinese with you" He says nervously, kind of an excuse to talk to Tao, Sehun knows about basic level Chinese and its helped him so far, plus Luhan learned some Korean so he doesn't actually need to know more to communicate with him.

"Yeah, lunch today?" Tao asks and Sehun smiles. "Yeah" 

Tao's mind already far from his thoughts on Jungkook as his mind attaches itself to the boy who just walked up to him. Namjoon walks in, doing a model walk showing off that he is able to fully walk again. 

"Boo" Jungkook says putting his thumb down as Namjoon passes.

"At least my model walk is better than yours" Namjoon says before him and Jungkook do their handshake they haven't done in about a year. 

"You remembered" Jungkook says and Namjoon nods his head.

"How could I forget?" 

Namjoon goes to his seat to great Yoongi who is wide awake for one of the first times ever, finally able to get enough sleep at night to keep him from taking naps in class. 

Lunch comes around faster than ever and they all go to their lunch spot, Tao going with Sehun to his. 

"So who's on your mind" Taehyung teases Yoongi 

"Yeah who's that guy you've been hanging out with?" Jungkook asks 

"yet again I'm not in the loop, who are we talking about?" Namjoon asks and Yoongi blushes slightly, a rare sight on his face all his friends start teasing him until he finally tells them about Jimin. 

"The guy from that restaurant? Dude free food since he's the owners son" Namjoon says and Yoongi laughs. They all start making jokes and laughing. 

"You should introduce him to us sometime" Jungkook says 

"You know I still haven't even been there before like who are these people you're talking about, who's Jin who's Jimin what do they look like" Namjoon says 

"I'm sure you've been there" Jungkook states 

"I don't remember but I don't know or remember these people so you guys have to take me" Namjoon protests 

"How about some time next week" Yoongi suggests and they start talking about it. They are all always free, I mean unless they have plans together they don't hang with others-except for Yoongi the past few days with Jimin that is-. 

"No one can cancel this time" Taehyung says looking at everyone. 

Meanwhile Tao and Sehun are sitting at a table not too far. Jackson who can also speak Chinese starts talking to Tao making Sehun feel like the third wheel, which wasn't his plan he wanted everyone else to feel like the third wheel. 

"Yeah I know right" Sehun says in broken Chinese and the two fluent speakers look over at him. 

"Oh sorry forgot you were there" Jackson teases Sehun. 

They all start talking and becoming friends, bonding over small things like the fact they can all somewhat speak the same languages-maybe not well in Sehun's case-. 

--

After school Taehyung and Jungkook end up walking instead of taking the bus because they missed it by a second and didn't feel like waiting for the next.

Jungkook takes out his phone and types 

'you know you never answered my question about moving in together' he passes the phone to Taehyung who reads it. 

"Give me time to think about it?" Taehyung says out loud, he gives Jungkook his phone back and they stop walking. 

"One month" Jungkook says and Taehyung smiles. 

"Okay, on this day in one month ask me again" Taehyung says and they continue walking home.