Chapter 1

*Ryder's POV*

"Okay, Ryder, just move to the left a little bit! Little bit more...okay. Now, Blake, move closer to Ryder. Yes. Okay, now hold up the flag up a bit more. Ryder, grab Blake's hand. Hold it lower. Good." The photographer called out to me and the other model, Blake.

I pulled the American flag higher up with Blake, making out hands sink down a bit. The camera shutter made it's clicking noise as it took the pictures of us. We both smiled at the camera as our hair flew in our faces, making me giggle. Blake just rolled her eyes at me. She's never liked me, but I don't care. We went back to looking at the camera and fake smiling, trying to look convincing.

"Okay. We're done here, so let's go to both of your individual shoots. Ryder, go to hair, Blake- makeup. Then switch." We both nodded and went our own ways.

I went over to Elizabeth and she started on my hair. She added more hairspray to my beach waves and some moose. We made small talk as she laid out my next outfit, that I would change into after I got my makeup. Once I was done, my hair looked great. I went over to Olivia, as she started to get my makeup done. It was natural makeup that went well with the white and navy sundress with a white and navy floppy hat, which was huge. Then a beach bag. I really liked the look.

I followed the photographer down to the shoreline of the beach. I smiled for a while at the camera, before he had me start doing serious looking poses. The boardwalk was in the background of the frame, somehow adding something to the photos. Olivia came by and fixed my makeup a few times, making sure that it all looked perfect for the rest of the shoot.

Just as we're about to start the next part of the shoot, I saw my manager Addie get out of her car with a man with greying hair, walking down towards the beach. I smiled and waved at her, hearing the shutter of the camera going off again, catching the oh-so-rare candid shot. I looked back at the photographer, who gave me a thumbs up. I laughed and walked over to Addie.

"Hey, Addie. What's up?" I asked her. She smiled and hugged me.

"Hey, Ryder. How's the shoot going?" she asked.

"Good. I really like beach shoots, so it's going great." I smiled. She nodded and gestured towards the man she was standing with.

"That's good. This is Simon Cowell. Simon, meet Ryder Tyler." The man stuck out his hand to shake my own.

"Hello. It's lovely to meet you. Like she said, I'm Simon Cowell." His British accent rung out through my ears, making my smile grow. For some reason I love British accents, they just make me really happy.

"The pleasure is mine. And again, as she said, I'm Ryder." I laughed slightly, making a smile come across his face as well.

"Well, Ryder, when you are done with this shoot, the three of us have things to discuss, so we're going to go grab a bite to eat and talk about everything we need to talk about." Addie said. I nodded before my arm was grabbed by the photographer as he dragged me to the water's edge.

--------After Shoot-------

"Ready to go?" Addie asked me. I nodded. "Okay. One of Simon's clients is going to meet us there as well."

"Oh, okay. Where are we going to eat?" I asked. She shrugged.

"Just the little restaurant down the road." I said Okay and we all jumped in the car once again, driving down the road towards the small restaurant we were going to eat at.

"Table for four please." Simon said to the hostess. She nodded her head and grabbed our menus, gesturing for us to follow her. She guided us to a booth, where I sat on my own side, where I suppose Simon's client is going to sit next to me. Addie sat across from me and Simon beside her.

We ordered our drinks. I was drinking a lemonade, Addie a tea, Simon a water and Simon ordered a beer for his client. Well, I guess this person might have a drinking habit. Lovely. I was never one to like the taste of alcohol, so I never understood people who like it.

After Simon had asked me a few questions for a few minutes, the door to the restaurant opened. A tall man entered, his face covered by a hood and sunglasses. I could see the flashes of cameras outside.

"Those d*mn paps won't leave me alone," the boy groaned. He came and sat down heavily in the spot next to me, making the bench of the booth bounce up and down. Well, I guess that this is Simon's client. Great. He seems like a charmer already.

"Well, maybe you should've not been so noticeable in the past few weeks and that wouldn't have been a problem, now would it have been?" Simon chuckled. The boy just shook his head and groaned again. I raised my eyebrows at Addie as the waitress came and brought our drinks by. The boy next to me looked up at the waitress, sending her a flirty wink. I rolled my eyes and scoffed under my breath, not wanting to draw attention to my annoyance.

However, as soon as Simon noticed the boy's actions, he whacked his arm. The boy brought his arm to his chest, rubbing it.

"Ouch!" he said. I rolled my eyes. He already is annoying me. A flirty wimp. Great. Simon rolled his eyes as well. The waitress gave the boy a little wave before strutting off.

"This is the kind of behavior that I've been talking about, Harry! And you wonder why you have the playboy image?"

"No, I don't wonder. I just don't care," the boy, Harry, said. He took a long swig of his beer. Simon threw his hands up, scoffing.

"Well, Harry, I do care. You know that I think of you as one of my sons, and I take care of my family. Therefore, meet Ryder, your now-fake girlfriend."