Chapter 8

*Ryder's POV*

I watched as all the boys stared at the two of us, seemingly studying me. I shifted slightly under their gazes. After an awkward time of silence, for me at least, Niall stood up from his place on the couch. He walked up to me and offered a reassuring smile.

"Niall Horan, nice to meet ya," he said. I smiled timidly and stuck my hand out to shake his.

"Ryder Tyler. Nice to meet you, too."

Instead of shaking my hand like I was predicting, he pushed it aside and enveloped me in a hug. I hesitantly hugged him back, not sure how I was supposed to react. He pulled back as the other three boys walked up, going through the same process of introductions.

After they all introduced themselves, Niall and Zayn excused themselves to go get some food from the kitchen. Louis and Liam went and sat back down on the couch, Harry sitting on the one across from them. He looked over at me expectantly, making me scurry over to the couch and sit next to him, still leaving a considerable distance between us. He rolled his eyes and set his hand on my knee, squeezing it a bit.

"No need to be nervous, babe," he chuckled, looking at me with wide eyes as he barely flicked his head towards the two other boys.

"It's alright love, just try to not get too distracted by my good looks," Louis winked, making me let out a bubble of laughter, which got Louis and Liam both to smile.

"Ehem, boyfriend is right here!" Harry exclaimed, making us all laugh again.

I kind of liked seeing Harry with his bandmates. He was so different than every time it's just the two of us. When it's just us, everything he does is forced, the smiles, hugs, laughs, it's mostly forced. Of course there are times where nothing seems forced and he seems like a normal twenty year old. But when he is with his bandmates, he always seems like himself.

"Yeah, Ryder, stop flirting with me, my boyfriend gets jealous easily," Louis laughed.

These boys aren't that bad. I just wished Harry was always like this.