Chapter 40

*Ryder's POV*

       "What if it's a boy?" Harry asks. He is laying down with his head in my lap, facing and staring at my currently flat stomach. The rest of One Direction and Olivia are all sitting on the other couches, taking turns playing video games.

       "Then you'll be a dad?" I say, shrugging my shoulders as I comb my hands through his long hair.

       He absentmindedly nods his head. "What if it's a girl?" he questions again.

       Louis snorts. "I think you'll still be a dad, mate. Just to a girl rather than a boy. Although, that won't be a problem, it's gonna be a boy," he laughs. Harry scowls, turning his head to glare at him over his shoulder.

       "I just found out that I'm going to be a father. I'm freaking out here and the least you could do is at least act like you care," he groans. Louis just shrugs his shoulders.

       "I do care. I care that that baby is going to be a boy, and unlike his father, is going to be a football legend because of his uncle Lou," Louis grins, squaring his shoulders proudly.

       "Excuse you? If he's gonna be a football legend because of someone, it's going to be his uncle Niall, obviously," Niall sasses, glaring at Louis as he score a goal in FIFA, proving his point. Louis scoffs, snatching the controller to try to beat him.

       "Well, I, for one, believe it's going to be a girl," Liam pipes up, staring at the TV as Louis' team wins. Both Louis and Niall turn and look at him like he's crazy.

       "Are you insane? No, he shall be a strong, healthy boy who enjoys playing guitar and footy. Thank you very much," Louis scoffs.

       "I agree with Liam, I think it will be a girl," Olivia says, high fiving Liam across Niall's head.

       The four of them start to argue about the gender of the baby while Harry and I both gaze into the distance,  neither of us paying much attention to the conversation.

       "Harry! What do you think they'll be? We are talking about your baby, after all," Liam says loudly, cutting off the argument at hand. All of them turn to face us. Harry shrugs his shoulders, not caring too much.

       "As long as they're healthy, that's all I ask," he explains. They all huff, turning to me. I raise my eyebrows.

       "Well!? Boy or girl?!" Olivia exclaims. I shrug my shoulders as well.

       "It's really too early to tell. My mom told me when I was younger that you can tell the gender based off how they carry. I think if it's a lower and heavier belly, it's a boy. If the belly is more centered at the stomach it's supposed to be a girl. At least that's what I've heard," I explain. They all take my words into consideration, nodding their heads in understanding.

       "Makes sense, I suppose. I still say it's a boy though."

       "Louis!"

*Harry's POV*

I'm bloody terrified.

I don't know the first thing about being a Dad. Of course, I've been around with Lou and Lux while Lux was growing up, but it's different when it's your own child. I'm always excited to meet children, but I'm scared to death to meet my own.

What if I'm a bad dad? People always tell me I'm good with kids, but what if they're just saying that? I have seen some families with crappy parents and I don't want to turn out like that.

Granted, I have eight more months to prepare, but even that doesn't help calm my nerves.

I'm constantly traveling the world. If the baby is due eight months from now, they'll come about close to the end of tour, so around October or September. It's January now, so that is about right. If Ryder goes into labor while I'm not there, I will never forgive myself.

       The boys and Olivia are all excited. It's hard to tell how Ryder is feeling about the whole ordeal, seeing as she likes to keep her mask up at all times around other people.

       Hopefully that will come off now, seeing as we're about to be in our hotel room, where we can talk about this with each other, away from the rest of the lads, Olivia and the crew. I feel like once we talk about it and get a plan going, I'll feel a lot better about it all.

        Well, I suppose only time will tell.