Chapter 14 (Part 1)

*Ryder's POV*

       "FINALLY! LAND!" I yelled in joy, dropping to knees after the 18 hour flight. I lay down on the asphalt, spreading my arms out as if I was trying to hug the land. I could hear Harry chuckling behind me as he and Paul got our bags out of the bag of the jet.

       "Why do I even talk to you?" he asked me. I rolled over onto my back and faced him.

       "Cause you love me!" I exclaimed, throwing my arms out, my elbows hitting the asphalt. "OUCH!" I screamed. I pulled my arms back in, curling into a ball. Harry just chuckled again.

       "That's what you get. Now c'mon, get up," he said. I shook my head, closing my eyes and rolling back onto my belly. I'm tired, if you couldn't tell.

       "No."

       "Ryder," he said in a warning voice. I shook my head again, ignoring him. This asphalt is not a lovely feeling on my face, but I don't care. Right now, I was tired and didn't want to have to go anywhere, especially not the photo shoot I already have planned in three hours. "Fine, you forced me," he said.

       "Wha-HARRY STYLES PUT ME DOWN RIGHT NOW!" I screamed at him as he lifted me over his shoulder. He just laughed and kept walking out of the airport. I could feel the vibrations of his laughter through his back.

       I looked up, seeing Paul following behind us, laughing at our behavior. He and another security guard were pulling our suitcases behind them as they followed us through the airport. Harry continued walking through the airport as if this was the most normal thing to see. It was when I could hear the sound of much talking in the main part of the airport that I started freaking out.

       "Harry! Harry, put me down. I don't want pictures of this everywhere," I said, hoping he could hear me since I was draped over his shoulder, my face level with his...backside.

       "Hmm...I don't know," he said, "I think I like this position, don't you? I mean, I think both of our views aren't that bad," he said. I could practically hear  the smirk in his voice. I gasped and reached up, trying to smack his shoulder, but to no avail. I tried turning my body, resulting in Harry almost dropping me on my head.

       His grip on my thighs tightened as he stopped his walking, trying his best to not drop me to the ground. We were just about to leave the gate, where all the people were waiting for our arrival.

       "Stop wiggling! I'm going to drop you!" he said, struggling to readjust me on his shoulder.

       "Then just put me down!" I countered, wiggling around a bit more. He tightened his grip on my legs again. He continued walking forward as I kept struggling. I suddenly felt a sharp smack on my butt, making me gasp. Did he just do that?!

       "I told you to stop moving," he said smugly. I huffed in annoyance, crossing my arms.

       "Just put me down!" I said.

       "On one condition."

       "What?"

       "I get a kiss."

       "Ugh! Fine, just put me down!" I said. He lowered me to my feet in front of him, making all the blood go rushing through the rest of my body and not just my head.

       "Where's my kiss?" he questioned, puckering his lips out. I rolled my eyes before leaning forward, placing my lips on his for a millisecond. I guess we were where people could see us, because I could hear cameras clicking.

       I went to pull back, but Harry pulled me back towards him, deepening the kiss. His hands were on my waist and mine were curled up on his chest and I was on my tiptoes, trying to make it easier for him. He still had to duck his head down, but it helped a bit.

       We pulled apart for air, Harry resting his forehead against mine, his eyes closed and his breathing heavy.

       "Let's go."

*Harry's POV*

       I sat in an extra chair that was at the side of the street where Ryder was doing her shoot. I was just sitting here watching as she did her thing. I've never seen a model do a shoot before, but I can just tell she's doing well.

       She has done a shoot out in the open fields of Rome a few hours after we got here. She was wearing a white lacy dress with dark makeup, dark red lips, dark eyeshadow, tons of that...stuff that makes your eyelashes thick. She looked good. It was obvious they were going for a more sexy look in that part of the shoot.

       Right now, the sun is going down as the photographer crams a few shots in for the day. She has another shoot with a few other girls in a couple of days, but these are her last few shots until then.

       We're in front of the coliseum, with Ryder taking pictures in a pair of white jeans and a blue shirt. She looked freezing, seeing as the sun is setting.

       "Move over to the left...more...yes! There we go!" the photographer instructed her. She followed his wishes and did as she was told, probably used to this by now. "Ugh!" he groaned. "This isn't working! The outfit is too bright! Get her something different!" he commanded.

       While the wardrobe lady went to go get Ryder a different outfit, I went over to Ryder.

       "Hey," I grinned. She smiled back at me before yawning. "Tired?"

       She nodded, leaning her head against my shoulder as I wrapped my arms around her. My hands instinctively jumped back upon touching her skin.

       "Ryder! Your skin is like ice!" I exclaimed. She shrugged.

       "I've gone through worse," she said, shivering slightly. I shook my head and slid my brown coat off my shoulders, shrugging it onto her body. "Harry, you'll be cold," she protested.

       "I'll be fine, don't worry about me," I assured her, pulling her to me again. She sighed and pulled it around her tighter. Her head rested on my chest as my arms went around her shoulders.

       It felt nice to hold someone like this. Ever since my nightmares have come back, I've been reminded about how lonely I have been since...it all happened. For some reason, any time that I'm with Ryder, it doesn't hurt as much.

       "Oh, perfect! You're changed! And that coat will do wonders!" the photographer, who was obviously gay, exclaimed, making both Ryder and I jump. He came over and grabbed Ryder's arm, pulling her back in front of the coliseum.

       "Um, this isn't-"

       "It's amazing, that's what it is!" the photographer cut her off. Ryder looked at me with pleading eyes as I just laughed.

       The coat looked better on her anyways.