Chapter 22

*Ryder's POV*

"Uugh..." Harry groans, stumbling into the kitchen. I laugh from my spot at the table, drinking my tea and scrolling through Instagram. "What happened?" he asked, grabbing his head in pain.

"This is what happens when you get drunk," I shrug. He groans again, covering his ears to block me out. I laugh a bit more, getting up and getting pain pills and filling a clean glass with water, sliding it over to him. He smiles a small smile towards me, thanking me quietly.

I go and sit back at the table, picking up my drink again and closing Instagram.

"How did I even get here?" Harry asked, plopping down in the chair across from me.

"You're a stubborn drunk, you know," I pointed out. He raised his eyebrow questionably at me.

"And?"

"And the topic you decided to be stubborn on was whether or not you needed to go home. As you can tell, you won, saying that if I dropped you off at home, you'd just drive over here yourself. Therefore, you're here now," I explained. He grinned tiredly.

"Had I done that sober, you would've whacked me," he said. I laughed and nodded.

"Probably." We sat in silence for a bit, Harry fumbling with his phone a bit as he checked all of his messages and stuff. "Harry?"

"Hmm?" he hummed in response, not looking up from his phone.

"Why did you get drunk last night anyways?" I asked him. He tensed up a bit, staring at his phone screen.

He finally sighed before answering me, "Zayn is leaving the band," he said. I gasped a bit in shock, Harry laughing lightly at my response. "I know right! Crazy," he said. The light, fake laughter did nothing to help the sadness that had all of the sudden descended upon the two of us.

"Why?" I asked. He shrugged.

"'I wanna be a normal 21 year old, guys, you have to understand,'' Harry mocked, rolling his eyes. "Yeah, because that will ever happen," he scoffed. I chuckled a bit, coming over to sit by Harry, rubbing his back.

"Well, I mean, if he really wants to," I shrugged. Harry nodded his head sadly.

"I know, it's just...disappointing? Upsetting? I cant tell what the best word would be, but its like, we've all been in this together from the start, how could he just want to leave it all behind?!" Harry questions, frustrated. I nodded my head.

"I understand. It'll be hard, but the other four of you boys are strong, you know it. I don't doubt for a second that you guys will make it through this," I told him. He smiled at me appreciatively.

"Thanks, babe," he said, pecking my lips quickly.

"How do the other boys feel about it?" I asked him. He shrugged his shoulders in defeat.

"The same as I am, I guess. Kind of hasn't sunk in yet," he said.

"When is he leaving?"

"Some time during the next tour, around March or April" he shrugged. I smiled sadly at him.

"I'm sorry."

"I can't do anything about it. Speaking of tour, I need to start packing. Come help me?" he pouts. I laugh and shake my head.

"I have a shoot today. You pack and then we'll go on our date," I told him. He smiles and pecks my lips again, nodding.

"Okay. See you later," he waves as he jumps out of the chair and grabs his stuff, heading out the door.

-After shoot-

"Where are you going?" Addie asks me as I change back into my normal clothes.

"Date with Harry," I tell her. She nods her head understandingly, handing me some of the photos from todays shoot.

"Only four more months," she whispers. I think it through, realizing she's right. I must've been off count. I only have four months to be expected to be with Harry.

I force a smile onto my face and put on my dress I got for the date. We were going to go out to eat and then do whatever. I quickly leave the building, the pictures clutched in my hand and my thoughts swarming my mind.

"Hey, babe," Harry says smiling, kissing my forehead. I smile weakly back and he seems to notice. "What's wrong?"

"Four more months," I whisper quietly and sadly. He thinks my words over before drawing me into a hug, kissing my head.

"I love you. Nothing will tear this apart," he said. I nodded against his dress shirt clad chest. He pulls away and takes my free hand, pulling me to his Range Rover.

"Where are we eating?" I asked him as he closed my door for me behind me. He grinned at me from the drivers side after he had run around the hood of the truck.

"Oh, you know, just the first place we met," he said. I smiled at his cuteness at the moment, the excitement radiating off his body, his dimpled smile wide, his hands grasping the wheel tightly due to his eagerness.

"You mean when we both had started to hate each other?" I raised my eyebrows. He nodded his head happily.

"Yep!" he cheered, putting the car into gear. He peeled out of the parking lot quickly, heading down the road towards the small, rustic sort of diner that we had first met. I wouldn't consider myself overdressed, seeing as it was still a very nice restaurant. At least I wont be totally uncomfortable being in this dress.

We pulled up into the parking lot after a ride of mindless chatter. Harry parked and jumped out of the truck before I even had my seatbelt unbuckled, running over to my side of the car. He pulled the door open, the smile still present on his face. I thanked him and followed him inside.

"Table for two?" he asked politely. The hostess nodded her head, grabbing the menus and leading us into the restaurant's seating area.

"Are those the pictures?" he asked, gesturing to the photos sticking out of my purse. I nodded, pulling out the six photos to let him see. He smiled down at the pictures before looking back at me again.

"Beautiful, as always," he said, making me blush. He chuckled and looked through the pictures some more.

"What can I get you to drink?" the waitress asked as she came back.

Harry hummed, looking at the menu. "Tea?" he requested, surprising me. I expected him to order a beer.

"And for you?" the waitress turned to me.

"Um, Coke is fine, thank you," I said. She nodded and grabbed our drink menus, walking away. I looked to Harry, a smile on my face.

"What?"

"I'm proud of you. You didn't order a beer this time," I smiled. He nodded, taking my hand across the table.

"I'm changing, Ryder. More and more each day, I chance into a better man, because of you."