Chapter 26

*Louis' POV*

I watched as he looked around the room one more time, making sure he hadn't forgot anything. After he seemed satisfied, he quietly opened the hotel room as to not wake me up, and walked out of the room, his suitcase in tow.

I can't believe he would do this, just leave the lads and I with no explanation.

I quickly got out of my room, running next door to Liam and Niall's room. I used the extra key card, yanking the door open. Liam walked out of the bathroom, toothbrush in his mouth and shirtless. Niall sits on the bed.

"Lou? I thought you would've been out by now. We just got back from the pool," Liam explained.

"Harry's gone!" I exclaimed. They both looked at me in alarm.

"What?"

"He left. Like, just walked out the door with his suitcase. He thought I was asleep," I explained. Both their eyes widened.

"Did he leave a note?" Niall asked me as he jumped up. Liam grabbed a shirt from his bag quickly and spat out his toothpaste before all three of us ran out the door and into Harry and I's room again.

"There's no note," Liam said as we hurriedly checked all the surfaces in the room. We shook our heads. "We might have time to follow him, hurry!" he said. We grabbed our wallets and shoes before we ran out the door, taking the stairs since the elevator was full.

There he was, our best friend, our bandmate, getting into a taxi, which was right next to the rental car.

"He hasn't seen us, go!" Niall exclaimed in a whisper. We nodded and got the keys, which Liam had so smartly grabbed, and jumped in the car, Liam and I up front and Niall in the back.

"We need to leave a car in between us so he doesn't get suspicious," I told Liam. He nodded in agreement and slowed down a bit to let another car merge into our lane.

"Where do we think he's going, anyways?" Niall broke the silence after following Harry for about five minutes. I shrugged.

"I don't know. I wouldn't have been so worried had he not taken his suitcase, but since he had and didn't leave a note, it's kind of freaking me out," I explained. The other two nodded and Liam continued driving.

"Wait...is that the airport?" Niall exclaimed. My eyes widened at the sight, because Harry was indeed going to the airport at one AM.

"Okay, you two get disguises, I'm going to go park. Follow him to the ticket purchase to figure out where he is going, and then get three for that same flight," Liam said. We nodded and looked in the back seat, grabbing the spare jackets and sunglasses and hats we have in the car, and jumping out of the car at the entrance.

Harry had jumped out right before us, and he was already entering the building, his suitcase wheeling behind him.

We quietly followed him, keeping our heads down. He never looked at us questionably if he looked back, probably just believing we were people picking someone up from their flight.

We all approached the ticket purchase, Niall and I standing a bit back. We strained to hear his voice over the speaker. But we managed.

"Yes, one ticket to London, please," he said. I looked at Niall with my eyebrows raised, confused. He shrugged his shoulders in response, looking as lost as I did.

"Oh, going to go visit your home? Sorry, that sounded weird, I just recognized your accent," the girl said, flustered. Harry laughed.

"Actually, I'm flying down to London to pick someone up and then we're grabbing a flight to Cancun, Mexico," he explained. I looked over at Niall again, him mouthing the word, 'Ryder.'

"Oh, that is a beautiful place. Here is your ticket. You didn't want first class, did you?" she asked worriedly. He shook his head.

"This is fine, thank you."

He walked off and Niall and I stepped forward.

"What can I help you with?" the lady asked.

"Three tickets to Cancun, Mexico, please," Niall said. I looked at him with wide eyes, but he brushed me off.

"Okay. First class?" she asked. Niall shrugged.

"Sure, that's alright."

"Okay," she said. Niall handed her his card and paid for the tickets, thanking her afterwards. She directed us to the gate and sent us on our way just as Liam came running up.

"Okay, where are we going?" Liam asked breathlessly. Niall handed him his ticket.

"Cancun. Harry apparently is going to London first, picking up who we assume is Ryder, and then they're getting on a flight down to Cancun. We're going to meet him there," he said.

"How can we follow him if we're not following him, though?" Liam asked, looking slightly irritated.

"Look up arrival times for flights from London to Cancun? It's pretty simple, lads," he shrugged. Liam and I slowly nodded our heads and Niall smiled, looking down at the time on our tickets. "We still have an hour. Let's get food," he said, already skipping off to the airports McDonalds.

"Well, at least we have a plan," Liam sighed. I laughed.

"For sure, operation follow Harry is a go."