Chapter 2

*Harry's POV*

     I looked at Simon blankly, my eyebrows raised. His face reflected my own, his expression stern. After I realized he was serious about this girl, Riker or something, a choked laugh came out of my mouth. He didn't react to my own reaction, which then set me off.

     Dry, empty laughter fell from my mouth as I looked from Simon to the girl beside me. I realized she didn't know anything about it either, based off how she was looking at her manager, confusion flooding her features.

     I stopped laughing a took a sip of my beer, looking back at Simon once again. His expression hadn't changed. It was still stony and serious.

     "You expect me to date her. For a publicity stunt?" I asked in disbelief. Don't get me wrong, this girl is hot. Like, really hot. However, the fans and paparazzi aren't going to fall for it. They would think I wouldn't be able to be in a serious relationship a day in my life. I admit, that is my fault. I could have a serious relationship, I just enjoy one night stands more. This girl could barely even been seen as one of those, even. While yes, she's hot, she also looks pretty innocent.

     "Yes, Harry. Ryder would be great for you to get rid of your playboy image. The paps think you're in a serious relationship, and BOOM! All this bad publicity goes away. Nothing more to it." Simon made his hands look like an explosion, trying to add an effect to it. I rolled my eyes and slumped back in my seat, taking another swig of beer.

     "Okay, why am I in this?" the girl, Ryder I guess, asked. She was looking in between Simon and the woman sitting next to him. "Out of all the singers, actresses, dancers, why did you choose a new model?" she asked.

     Ah, a model. Makes sense. Now I understand why she's hot. She has to be.

*Ryder's POV*

     "Well, Ryder, you being a new model, need the publicity, don't you?" Simon wasn't looking for an answer, I know that. He continued. "Harry here has had a bit of...er, trouble? with the press. We think that it would help if he was presented in a serious relationship, which is where you come in." Simon explained. I just nodded slightly.

     Harry sighed and took off his beanie and sunglasses, giving me a clear view of his face. Before now, I didn't know anything about him but that his first name was Harry. Now, I recognize him. Harry Styles. My eyes widened.

     "No." I said, looking at his face. His head snapped over to look at me, his eyebrows raising.

     "No what?" he snapped.

     "No, I wont do it. At least not with you," I replied. He raised his eyebrows even higher. At this point, there was a high risk of them becoming part of his hair line.

     "Well, I don't want to do it either, so we should just make this simpler and get over it and not do it."

    "Fine-"

     "Actually, you both have to do it. The contract is already signed," Addie cut me off. I snapped my head over to her as Harry did the same to Simon. They both awkwardly just shifted in their seats as Harry and I both stared at them.

     "And you didn't think to ask me?" I said, impatiently. She sighed and put her head in her hands.

     "Ryder, you need the publicity. I know that is not what you wanted to hear, but you need this. So does Harry. So you both are going to have to suck it up and deal with it."

     "Addie! Out of all the people in the world, you pick Harry Styles. Did you even think about how I would react? No! Obviously not!" I raised my voice at her. I was about to go off on her again before she put her hand up in front of my face.

     "Ryder. Calm down and sit down. I knew you wouldn't like it, but I'll be d***ed if I was to give a f**k. I am doing this for you. Everything I ever do is for you, as it has been since you were five. Now, you are going to listen to me carefully, I don't care if you are twelve years old or if you are twenty years old, I chose what I knew would help you, so you will do it." Her voice was stern, but I didn't care at this point.

     "You don't control me, I'm twenty years old. You don't decide my life!" I said angrily, rising from my seat slightly.

     "I am the reason you have life!" she hissed at me. I shut up, sitting back down in my seat. Both the men were looking at us curiously, but I didn't address them. "Now, I understand you are angry with me, but I, once again, don't give a f**k. I've made the decision, it is final. I am your manager, you will do it." This time, her voice was calm, but she was still breathing heavily. I sighed and nodded, looking down at my fingers.

     "When do we start?" I asked, still not looking up. Addie and Simon let out sighs of releif at my agreement.

     "Right now. Harry will take you home, showing you off to the paparazzi." I nodded again.

     "Show her off? How am I supposed to do that?" Harry said slowly. I looked up, waiting for their answers.

     "Nothing too extraordinary, just, hold hands, hug her at the door. You guys won't have to kiss until your second or third date. No biggy," Simon said. We both nodded in understanding. "Okay. Well, Addie and I will text you two the information for your dates. Until then, have fun, Harry, take her home."

     Addie and Simon got up and left, leaving me and Harry. He groaned and stood up, tucking his beanie and sunglasses in his coat pocket. He offered his hand to me reluctantly. I hesitantly took it and stood up with him.

     "Okay, the paps are kind of crazy today. Just, stay near me." I nodded as we opened the restaurant doors and ventured into the swarm of paparazzi. Everyone now assumes we're dating. Just as planned.

     That was the moment my life changed.