Chapter 9

*Harry's POV*

     "Well, I probably best get going," Ryder said, standing up and stretching. All the lads started boo-ing at her words, making me grin a bit. Usually they would be happy when anyone I brought home had to leave, but for some reason they approve of her, which makes me smile.

     Only because it makes faking this easier.

     No feelings.

     Absolutely none.

     Nope.

     None.

     Zilch.

I can't let myself love someone again. I can't go through that again.

    But still, it's kind of nice that they like her, it makes their acting part so much easier. Not that they have to act, they don't know anything about this act.

     "Do you have to go?" Louis whined. Ryder giggled slightly and nodded her head.

     "Yeah, I probably should. I never know when I'm going to be called for a shoot, and I wouldn't want to be tired tomorrow if I am." She shrugged. Louis just huffed, faking a sad face. She just grinned down at him.

     "I almost forgot you were a model," Zayn stated. She sent him a playful glare, making him realize his mistake. "Not because you aren't pretty or anything! That's not what I meant! I just meant, you don't act like what you would think a model would act like. You aren't snobbish or anything."

     "Thanks...I guess?" She chuckled. "I'm going to go ahead and take that as a compliment."

      "It was meant to be, it just didn't come out right," Zayn said, chuckling himself. She just smiled back.

     "Well, I better get going, Harry?" she said, looking at me. I faked a pout myself, making her roll her eyes. "Oh shush, can you drive me back?" she asked. I sighed and nodded.

     "Yeah, let's go I suppose." I stood up, stretching my arms above my head as Ryder said her goodbyes to the lads. "Ready?" I asked her as she finished hugging Liam. She nodded and we walked out the door to my Range Rover.

     "That went well," she said, breaking the silence once we had been in the car for a few minutes, sitting in awkward silence.

     "Yeah, better than it ever has in the past, that's for sure."

     "The past?" Oh crap.

     "Nothing. Nevermind." I turned down her street and continued driving to her house as she stared out the window. I shouldn't have said that. Even if we're fake, no girl wants to hear about how much some guy they are being forced to hang out with sleeps with girls. Then again, I shouldn't care she doesn't know my story.

     "Is that...paparazzi?" Ryder said, looking towards her house. I looked down the road and sure enough, paps were surrounding her house. I groaned, watching as they all turned to the sound of my Rover coming down the street.

      "Great," I scoffed, sarcasm dripping from my voice. "I'm walking you up," I say as I park the car.

     "Harry, it's fine, don't worry about it. I can survive," Ryder insists, unbuckling her seat belt. I roll my eyes.

     "I'm walking you up, no point in arguing," I say, unbuckling myself and opening my door.

*Ryder's POV*

     I scoffed as Harry opened his door and ran through the paparazzi and over to my side. He quickly opened my door and held his hand out. I took it in my own as he helped me out of the car. He wrapped his arm around my waist and held his hand in front of us, trying to clear a path in the large crowd with flashing cameras coming from every direction.

     "Harry!"

     "Ryder! Over here!"

    "Is she just another fling?"

     "When is this one going to be gone?"

    "Is she really going to stick around this time?"

     "Excuse us!" Harry yelled, removing the arm that was around my waist and moving it to my shoulder, allowing him to push my head into his chest as he shielded me from the blinding lights (Pic at top). "Move out of the way!" he yelled again.

     A few paparazzi moved out of the way, letting us move forward a bit. I kept my head buried in his chest as they kept taking the pictures of us. I really did not want to have to deal with this right now, but that's what happens when you start dating a world famous popstar.

     Harry kept pushing through the crowd, keeping me glued to his side. I suddenly feel a sharp pain in the back of my head.

     "OW!" I yelped. I reached my hand up and touch the spot that was hurting, pulling it away to see blood on my fingers. "Harry," I mutter.

     He looked down at me, glancing at my fingers and looking at the back of my head. He wrapped both his arms around my shoulders, bringing me closer to him.

     "WHO DID THIS?!" He shouted. All the people went silent slowly. He looks around a bit, trying to figure it out. When nobody spoke up, he just slowly shook his head, a furious look on his face. The paps started slowly taking more pictures as he pulled me into my house.

     "Thank you," I said.

     "It's okay. Lets get you cleaned up," he said, pulling me to the couch.