Chapter 21

*Harry's POV*

"Paps," I leaned down to whisper to Ryder. She just scoffed and bit and tightened her hold on my hand.

"Don't they have a life?" she asks quietly.

"Stalking ours," I shrugged. She nodded in agreement. "Then again, they probably got a not-so-anonymous-tip from 'someone,' aka, Simon, as to where we are," I said lowly. She sighed and nodded.

"I know," she said exasperated as we continue down the street and past the paparazzi van on the other side of the street. She looked up at me with a large grin.

"What?" I laughed, finding her laugh slightly creepy. She jumped a bit in her step as she continued staring at me.

"Can we go out tomorrow or the next day? Just us?" she whispers excitedly. I laugh and nod, pecking her forehead as she squeals. "We never get to do that!" she says. I nod in agreement. It's true, almost all of our dates are planned out, and we really should go on a normal date at some point.

"So what are we thinking? Movie, dinner? Drive down to the beach?" I ask her, swinging our hands a tiny bit. She thinks about it for a moment.

"I have a shoot on Saturday, so if we go out on Friday, we can't go out to the beach. We could do movie or dinner or something local. Tomorrow I could do whatever. What do you have this week?" she asks me. I think about it, shaking my head.

"Free till Saturday, the boys and I have to go in for a meeting with management and prepare for the next leg of tour. Should be good," I tell her. She nods her head.

"When do you leave?" she asks.

"Next Tuesday? The meeting is just to go over the rules and such, things like, no girls on the bus other than our stylist or other crew members, no drinking the day before early things, stuff like that. I practically have that speech memorized," I roll my eyes. She laughs and tugs my hand as she leads me into the restaurant for dinner.

"Well, I mean, with you boys, I'm not surprised you have to have speeches all the time," she teases. I just chuckle and roll my eyes at her, looking down at the menu in front of me.

"What can I get you to drink today?" the waitress asks as she comes over to our table.

"Beer, please," I say, not looking up from my menu.

"Tea," Ryder orders. I hear a huff before the waitress walks away. I look up at Ryder who is sending glares at the waitress.

"What happened?" I chuckle. She snaps her head over towards me, her face flushing.

"Nothing," she said. I just shrugged my shoulders and look back at my menu.

"I'm thinking 'Pasta Festival,'" I tell her, "what about you?"

"Umm, I don't know. Maybe the fettuccini," she answers. I nod my head and look through the desserts.

"Here are your drinks," the waitress says with a peppy voice, setting my beer down in front of me, along with Ryder's tea. I thank her quickly, taking a sip of my drink. "What would you guys like to eat? Or would you like a few more minutes?" she asks, resting her hand on the table near my hand. I move and look up at her.

"Now is fine. I'd like the Pasta Festival. Ryder?" I ask, knowing she'll get annoyed if I answer for her. She smiled at me and grabbed my hand from across the table.

"The chicken fettuccini, please," she says. The waitress smiles and nods, scribbling it down on her paper.

"Alright, I'll have that right out," she said perkily. "I'll just take those menus," she says, leaning over to grab the menus. I move my face back a bit, this girl being a bit to close for comfort.

She finally leaves the table, and I look towards Ryder, who is looking extremely ticked off.

I look back at the waitress and everything seems to click. I hold my free hand to my mouth to muffle my laugh, but fail as a quiet chuckle leaves my mouth. Ryder looks over at me, raising an eyebrow.

"What's so funny?" she asks. I chuckle again, gripping her hand a bit tighter.

"I love you," I settle with. She just raises both eyebrows at once, a smile gracing her features.

"Okay? I love you, too?" she says. She just shakes her head as I continue to laugh.

"It's nothing. You're just cute," I reassure her. She hums, looking through a magazine that we sitting in a basket hooked to the wall.

"And you're hot, doesn't mean I laugh about it," she smirks. I choke on the sip of beer I had just taken as she sits there, so casual after having just said that about me.

"Y-you think I'm hot?" I ask. She just ignores me, flipping to another page.

"Ooh! A kitten!"

I throw my head back a groan. This girl is going to be the death of me.

--later--

"How many beers is that?" Ryder asks me. I look up at her and count in my head.

"I believe it is number two," I told her. She nods her head and holds a single finger in front of my face, waving it back and forth. I felt my head start to spin as she does this and I reach for her hand, stopping the motion and groan. She rolls her eyes.

"I believe it's number four," she said. I shrugged my shoulders in reply. "Harry, this is serious. Stop with the alcohol. You can have a couple every once in a while, but you were doing so good," she said. I just rolled my eyes.

"I'm fffffine!" I slurred. She rolled her eyes, raising her hand to our waitress.

"Yes?" she asks perkily.

"Can we get a large coffee? NO sugar or anything, just black," she orders. The waitress nods, scurrying off to get the drink. I raise my eyebrows at Ryder.

"That's a weird order of coffee. I thought you took yours with crème," I said. She rolled her eyes, taking the coffee from the waitress who had just come back.

"It's not for me, it's for you," she said, pushing it in my direction. I rolled my eyes and drank a sip, spitting it out directly after.

"That's disgusting!" I exclaimed. Ryder rolled her eyes, grabbing my beer and pouring it in a plant near the table. I gasp. "HEY!"

"Drink the coffee. I don't like drunk Harry," she demanded, pulling out her phone. I grumble and drink the disgusting drink.

I don't like drinking around Ryder. She makes me drink gross stuff.

A/N: Vote, Comment, Follow!