Chapter 1

Deborah pov

Finally, after being tortured in school, I am out. I just turned 18 a week ago, and I am eventually graduating from high school. Now freedom is mine!! "Omg, our baby has grown," my oldest sister Destiny, said as she hugs me. I'm the baby of the family. I have two older sisters. The oldest one is Destiny, and she's 25, the other one is Donna, and she's 21. Donna is still in college, and I don't know how my parents pay for her college tuition because they're expensive. Destiny is a manager for Ulta, but she spends her money carefully. I don't know if I want to attend college because I know it's expensive and my parents will probably die from working. I'll try to look for a job for now. "Where are mom and dad?" I ask my sisters. "They couldn't make it because they said that they have some guests," Destiny said. Wow, such great parents. They went to my sister's graduation but not mine. After taking pictures with my friends and teachers, we decided to go home. I change into my jeans and a t-shirt in the car because the tight dress I was wearing kills me. "So, what are you going to do for the future?" Destiny asks. Destiny has always been protective of me. She still cares about my grades and school work. On the other hand, Donna doesn't care because she is full of herself, and she only cares about herself. "Ahum, I think I have to find a job first," I said. Destiny nodded. We drove home to see four cars parked in front of our house. The vehicles seem so expensive, why would they be in front of our house? We look at each other, confused, before walking inside the home to hear yelling and throwing things. My sisters and I walk into the living room to see our parents on their knees, begging. "Mom, what's going on?" Donna ask. I look around to see tall men in all black fill up our living room. A man stood out the most though, he is sitting on the couch, and his legs are on the table. "Who are they?" The man on the sofa asks. His voice is deep and husky, and he has an Italian accent. I can tell that I hate him already. He is handsome and hot, but the way he is controlling my parents makes me want to punch him. "Our-our daughters," my dad stuttered. His voice sounded so scared and shaking. "Can someone please tell us what's going on?" Destiny asks calmly. Omg, how can she be this calm?!! "Have a seat," the man demanded. Too scared to argue, my sisters and I sat down on the couch across from him. He ordered my parents to take a seat next to us; my mom sat next to me. She holds my hand tightly. I notice the man keeps staring at me, which is making me feel uncomfortable.I don't know who the heck he is, but he seems very rich because of the clothes that he is wearing. He also appears to be in his thirties. "Who are you?" Destiny asks after a long silence of awkwardness. "My name is David Gandy," he said, and I froze. I can sense that my sisters are scared after they hear his name. David Gandy is the most dangerous person in this city. He controls everything, and he is the king of the Mafia. I have never seen him before because I never pay attention to the Mafia since it's not my business. I heard many times from girls that he is handsome and hot, but I don't care. "Why are you wrecking our home? My parents were on their knees, shivering. You don't just come to people's houses and order them around," I said. I don't know where that confidence came from. He looks at me and smirks. "You see beautiful; your parents owe me millions of dollars," he said. At that, my sisters and I give our parents death glares. My mom and dad looked away, acting like they don't know shit. "How much?" Donna ask. "Oh, don't ask; you won't be able to pay it right now," David said. "If you give us time, we will pay the money back," Destiny said. David just looked at us like we were out of our minds. "I have another offer, Mr. and Mrs. Gomez; if you give me your daughter, I won't ask for the money anymore," David said. For some reason, he was looking at me instead of my parents while saying that. This man is the true definition of annoying and dangerous. Does he think that he can take one of us and use us as to what? His sex slave? "No, sir, please, I don't want my daughters to get involved," my dad begs. "Then, I need the money now!" David yelled, making me jump a little. "I'll go," Destiny raises her hand. "Since I'm the oldest," she said. I look at her in shock. Seriously?!! Is she giving up that easily!! I mean, we have a car that we can sell. "Destiny, no, you can't give yourself to this man. He's dangerous," I whisper in her ear. "He will kill mom and dad if one of us doesn't go," she said. She then turns to David. "I'll go," she said. I felt my eyes watery. This man is trying to separate my family. Now, what is he going to do with my sister? Rape her? Sell her? Augh, I hate my parents for this. "Who says that you are going? I'm choosing," David said.I raise my eyebrows when he looks at me with a smirk. "She comes with me," he said. It took me a while to realize that he is talking about me. Everyone's eye is on me, and I'm dying inside. Me? Why! No!! I just turned 18. I didn't even get to experience freedom. Is this man crazy? "No, sir, please, she's only 18," my mom pleads. She started to cry as she hugs me. I, on the other hand, am frozen. I don't even know if my brain is functioning. "I don't care. She is at the age to be with me. I need her to come with me, back to my mansion, and become my wife. I am at the age of getting married and having a family. If she doesn't come, I will kill you both." He said, not breaking eye contact with me for even a second. I felt my tears roll down. Now my life is over. "No, sir, please, take me instead. She just turned 18; she's young." Destiny pleads. Her voice cracks as she claims. "I have made up my mind. She will be mine," David said with a dark tone. "I will come back to pick you up tomorrow ... What is your name?" He asks this time; he didn't demand or yell; he asks calmly. "D-Deborah," I manage to say. "Beautiful," he mumbles. "My man will guard your house, so don't you dare try to escape, or I'll kill your parents," he said and left with his guards, but two stayed as soon as the door closed; I let my tears out. This isn't happening. I'm not ready to marry someone. "Omg, Deborah. I'm so sorry," my mom said. She and dad kept apologizing while my sisters went to pack my things since I wasn't in my right mind. Just when I thought that I'd be free, I'm trapped again, but this time, forever with the Mafia.