Chapter 9

Deborah pov
I woke up feeling anxious. I groan as I stretch my arms. I look around to see the place that I hate the most. My old room in David's mansion. Omg, he must have ordered his man to kidnap me. I need to get out of here. I jump out of bed and tiptoe to the door. I slowly open it so that I wouldn't make a noise. Shot, 2 bodyguards are guarding my door side to side. I slowly close it. What do I do now? I walked back to my bed and sat at the edge. I was shaking and shivering. It's been a month since I last saw David, and the last word that I said to him as I hate him, I think, I don't remember. A few minutes later, I heard some whispering outside of my door, and the door open.
There stood the man I feared the most. The man I tried to escape, but couldn't. The man everyone feared. My husband. His jaw was clench, and he had a cold expression as he walks over to me. I look behind him to see his guards closing the door. As he walks closer, breathing became a problem for me.
"A month, it's been a month, you left me, you left me alone. Did you know how crazy I went?!!" He yelled. I didn't say a thing. I just look down at the floor, not knowing what to say. I was too afraid to say a thing.
"Tell me, Deborah!! Why did you leave me!" He yelled as he pins me down on the bed. I look at his cold, dark eye. His eyes were filled with anger. He looked like he hasn't been sleeping. He looked like he went through depression.
"Why did you leave me! And more importantly, who helped you!" He yelled at my face. I look at him with a widened eye. I don't know what to say. I don't want to reveal Edward; he will probably hurt Edward.
"I-I just didn't want to be with you," I said.
His hand is on my neck now. He didn't choke me, though.
"Don't want to be with me? I'm your fuckin husband!!!" He yelled. I started to cry. I didn't want to show any weakness, but this man is just too scary.
"I'm sorry," I let out. He looked down at my trembling form. His hand left my neck to wipe my tears.
"You're lucky that I love you; you and your family would have been dead by now," he said.
My family! Omg, did he hurt them?
He must have a sense of what I thought because he smirks.
"I was going to let my man rape your sisters, but then she told me where you were. Next time you try to escape, I will hurt them for real," he threatens me.
"Please don't hurt them; I won't leave anymore," I begged. He looks down at me and smirks.
"I know you won't; if you ever thought of leaving, it will be the end of your family," he said and kissed my forehead. I gulp.
"I miss you so much," he whispers in my ear before smashing his lips on mine.
2 hours later
David rolled to my side. I tried to catch my breath. He looks at me and kisses my cheeks before covering our naked body with the blanket.
"I love you," he said and pulled me to his chest. This man is crazy and dangerous. The only way that I can escape him is probably death. Death is probably just a usual word for him.
"Tonight, there is a party at my friend's mansion; I want you to come," he said. I just nodded since I will have to go anyway.
"Good girl," he said and kissed my forehead.
We stay like that for 1 hour before a guard barge in. The guard saw us and turn around.
"I'm sorry," he apologized. David groans as he sat up.
"What's wrong?" He asked the guard, who's back is still facing us.
"A boy is trying to get in, claiming that he is Mrs. Gandy's friend," the guard said.
Friend? I didn't invite anyone here.
"Who?" David ask.
"Carlos," the guard immediately said.
I look at David to see his jaw clench. He grips the blanket before getting up. He put on his pants but not his shirt.
"Get changed," he demanded me. I nodded, and he left with the guard. I change into some comfortable clothes. What is Carlos doing here? Doesn't he have anything better to do?
I walk out of the room and head to the living room. I saw Carlos sitting on the couch across from David. They stare at each other intensely. I clear my throat to let them know that I am here.
"Deborah!" Carlos shouts in joy after he saw me.
"Hi," I said awkwardly. I would sit next to Carlos, but David gives me a death glare, so I had to sit next to him. David force me to sit on his lap, and I did. I didn't want to start an argument in front of Carlos.
"Mind telling me why you didn't call me?" Carlos asked.
"I Ahum I" I was struggling to answer his question, so David answers it for me instead.
"I took her phone," he said.
Carlos's eyes darken. He and David stared at each other again. It seems like both of them didn't want to break the stare. They just want to stare at each other like idiots.
"Carlos, I'm sorry, I'll call you when I get my phone back. Maybe we can talk later," I said. I felt David's handgrip on my waist.
"Yeah, I want to talk to you when this man isn't around," he said and got up to leave.
"You're not seeing him again," David said as he drags me upstairs.
"He's my friend," I said.
"No, your ex-boyfriend," David said. Omg, why bring up the past?
"I don't care; you can't tell me who to hang with!" I yelled.
"You can't even hang with anyone," he said.
Ughh, what is wrong with him. He drags me into his room, and it scared me because I have never been in his room. Does it have blood in it? Does he have a gun so I can just kill him?
When we walk into his room, it was cleaner and better than I thought. His room is bigger than mine, and it also has a bathroom and a balcony.
"You will be sleeping with me here from now on," he said, and I slowly nodded.
"I got you a dress for the party tonight; the maid will bring it up to you when it's time to get ready. I will be in my office doing some work; if you need anything, just come to my office," he said and gave my lip a peck before leaving me alone in his room.
6 hours later
A maid walks in with a big box in her hand. I was sitting on the edge of the bed, wondering what is inside of that box.
"Mr.Gandy wants me to give you this dress and help you prepare for the party," the maid said. I nodded and got off of the bed. She opened the box for me and took out the most beautiful dress I have ever seen. It was a long, white, tight dress.
"Is the party fancy?" I asked the maid.
"I don't know; you've to change Mr.Gandy; he has never brought a woman home. I think he truly loves you; that's probably why he married you," the maid said.
If he loves me, why can't he just act like a real gentleman and get to know me first? I mean, I wouldn't date him or anything because he is a Mafia, but he should've asked me on a date or something first instead of forcing me to marry him.
I went into the bathroom and change into the dress. It fit me perfectly. I walk out, and 2 other maids are in the room now.
"You look beautiful, Mrs.Gandy," the blonde one said. The other 2 just smile. I sat in front of the mirror, and the maids started doing my hair and makeup. What kind of party is this? It's probably filled with illegal things.
1 hour later
Finally, they finish doing my hair and makeup. I look at myself, and all of these fancy necklaces, heels, and dresses make me look like a totally different person. Never in my life would I think of wearing these fancy things.
"Mr.Gandy is waiting for you downstairs," the blonde maid said, and they all left me alone. I let out a loud sigh before walking out. Thank god the heels aren't long because I would have tripped over my own dress.
I walk down the stairs and saw David waiting for me by the door. He is wearing a suit that matches him very well.

I give him a nervous smile as I walk over to him.

"You look gorgeous," he said and kissed my left cheek.
I look around to see the maids and some of the guards looking at us with an admired face. I felt my cheeks burning, but in no time, I came back to my senses.
"Let's get going," David said and grabbed my hand. He opened the passenger door for me and said thank you quietly but loud enough for him to hear.
The ride was filled with awkwardness. David's hand on my thigh isn't helping a bit.
"What kind of party is it?" I finally manage to ask.
"It's kind of like a reception party. You just chat with people. My business partners are going to be there, so I have to go," he said. I nodded and looked out the window. I miss hanging out with my friends. I wish that David lets me go out; if he did, I might be nice to him or like him.
30 minutes later, we arrive at a big mansion. I got out of the car, and David told me to hold his arm. I did as I was told and follow him inside. There weren't a lot of people, but the people that are here look pretty rich. The males wear a suit and the female wears fancy dresses.
"David!" I heard a man shout. A man around his 40s walks over to us with a woman. She keeps staring at David, but David just looks at the man.
"I'm glad you can make it," the man said. The man then looks at me. It looks more like he is checking me out.
"This is my wife, Deborah," David said and gave the man a cold glare.
"Oh, nice to meet you, Deborah, sorry I couldn't make it to your guy's wedding. I'm Enrique, by the way," he said and held out his hand for a handshake. I was going to shake his hand, but David stop me.
"No need to shake his hand, love," David said, still giving Enrique a cold glare. I guess Enrique feels uncomfortable, so he quickly introduces me to the woman.
"This is my wife, Lola," he said. I look at the woman and smile at her, but she just gives me a disgusted look. What is wrong with this woman?
"She looks a bit too young," Lola said while giving me a distasteful glance.
"At least she's not a whore, right?" David asks and gives Lola and death glare. David then drag me with him to some other people.
"Enrique is my business partner, but he's dangerous; I don't want you around him," David said.
Like he isn't dangerous himself?
"Believe me; I wouldn't want to be around him," I muttered.
David then started introducing me to some other people. They were all his business partners. All the males were nice to me, but all the females gave me death glares for some reason. I didn't mind, though.
"David!" I heard someone shout.
David and I turn around to see a man walking toward us. For some reason, David looks happier than usual.
The man and David give each other a manly hug.
"I haven't seen you for a long time, Mr. Wilding," David said.
"Well, life in Spain is crazy," Mr.Wilding said. He then looks at me and smiles.
"This must be your wife. She sure is beautiful like you said," Mr.Wilding said. I give him an awkward smile.
"Oh, you have to meet my son. You never met him before; he has finally returned home," Mr.Wilding said. He then points to a guy who is walking towards us. The guy looks familiar, though. Where did I see him?
"David, meet my son Edward Wilding," Mr.Wilding said. Of course, how can I forget about Edward?
"Nice to meet you, Mr.Gandy," Edward said and looked at me. His eye widens when he sees me.
We stare at each other for a while. He then looks at David then back to me.
"And this is your wife?" Edward asked.
"Yes, this is my wife Deborah," David said with a suspicious look. He probably wonders why Edward is staring at me like that.
"Nice to meet you, Mrs.Gandy," Edward said. I look at him and smile. I have to try to act like I don't know him, for his sake.
"Nice to meet you too, Edward," I said.
Edward stares at me from head to toe. He is probably trying to figure out the reason why I'm here. He is probably trying to figure out the reason why I ran away. He then looks at David. He stares at David with a cold eye.
"Well, if you don't mind, I have to go," Edward said.
"Go ahead, son," Mr.Wilding said. Edward nodded and left.
I look at him, walking away. So he came back to his father. Is he a Mafia now?
Edward pov
I got out my phone and dialed my assistant number.
"Hello," Andrew answer.
"I need you to find out about David Gandy, and also about his wife, Deborah."
Now I know why Deborah ran away. She wanted to escape her husband, David.