Chapter 2

Deborah pov
I cried all night. My parents and sisters tried to comfort me, but I wouldn't open my bedroom door for them. My life is such a mess. What did I do to deserve this? I mean, he could have chosen Destiny, she's already 25, and she's pretty. I can't deal with this; I rather kill myself than marry this man. I grab my backpack and shove in whatever I need to survive. I found 50 bucks in my wallet, and I hold some clothes from my suitcase, then open the window. My bedroom is on the second floor, so it's high from the ground, but I can break my leg or die, I don't care. What's the point of living now? When I was about to jump, I remember what David warned me. If I tried to escape, he would kill my parents—what a horrible person. I bite my lips, trying to figure out whether I should jump or not. "I wouldn't do that if I were you," I heard a deep husky voice said behind my back. I turn to see David Gandy standing there looking at me with his cold glare. That glare will kill me one day for sure. I don't know what this man is doing here. I look at my alarm clock that is on my nightstand, and it's 7 am. Wow, I didn't sleep at all. I slowly move away from the window. "Come here," David demanded. I shook my head. There is no way I'm going near this man. He notices that I wouldn't listen, so instead, he stepped closer to me. Now that we're not that far away from each other, I realize that he is tall. I am 5'9, and I'm considered tall, but I don't feel tall anymore. My head is only to his chest. "Why did you chose me? You should've chosen Destiny," I blurt out. Omg, my big mouth, I swear.
David still gives me that cold glare of his, but this time it wasn't as cold as the other day. "You're magnificent. Young and innocent. I would love someone like that as my wife," he said. Tesh, how would he know if I'm innocent. "Well, too bad, I don't want someone like you as my husband," I said. I should be cautious. I'm dead. I glance up at him to see his jaw clench. "I'll wait for you by the stairs; grab your things. We're going home, love," he said and walked out. Oh, hell, no! I need to jump now! Then he would torture my family after crying inside for 5 minutes. I open my door, and one of Davids's men grab my suitcase. I then walk out of my room, making sure to look back at it one last time. I saw David waiting for me by the stairs, with his hand in his pocket.

I give him the dirtiest glare as I walk past him. My parents and my sisters wait for me downstairs. My mom is crying, and so are my sisters. My dad, on the other hand, is hugging them, trying to calm them down. "Oh, my baby," my mom said as she ran to hug me. This is all their fault. "I will send you wedding invitations," David said. My dad nods. After hugging and saying goodbye to my family, I follow David to his fancy car. One of the guard, who looks around 20 something open the door for me. He smiles at me, which I didn't return because he is one of Davids's men. I got in the passenger seat while David got in the driver's seat. Why does he need his guards if he can drive himself around?
I look out the window as David drives off. I will miss my house. "The wedding will be in a week, which means it's next week Sunday," he said, and I gasp. "N-next week?" I stuttered. "Yeah," he said. I can feel his intense glance once in a while, but I look out the window. "When were you born?" He asks. "May 18, 1998," I said softly. He nods his head. "What about you?" I ask. "February 19, 1980," he said, and I just lost my breath. This means he is 36. He is fricken 18 years older than me. "Don't worry about the age gap," he says. Don't worry?! Is he playing with me right now? I want to open the door and jump out. Instead of saying something, I just shut my mouth the rest of the car ride.
1 hour later
The ride was awkward since both of us didn't say a thing. We reach his mansion, and it's gigantic. Who needs a place like this to themselves. I got out and stared at the villa. It is out of town, but it is gorgeous.

 It is out of town, but it is gorgeous

"Let's go inside," David said.
He puts his large hand around my waist, which makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. As soon as we walk in the door, the maids bow at a 90-degree angle. There must be like 20 maids. "Welcome home, Mr.Gandy," they all said. All of them stared at me after they lookup.
I give them a slight smile, which some of them return. "Maids, this is my soon-to-be wife, Deborah," David said. "Ahum, hi," I said awkwardly after being stared at by several maids. "Come, I'll show you your room," David said, and I follow him upstairs.
I'm sure it'll take me a while to know where I'm going. This place is enormous; I do not know how to live alone, without his family. I was so lost in my thought that I didn't realize that we have to reach a room. David opens the door and pulls me into the room. The place is enormous, and it is stunning. It even has a bathroom.

The color is my style

"It's beautiful," I muttered. Omg, did I say that out loud? I look at him to see him look relieved that I like the room. "This will be your room for now. After we get married, you will be sleeping with me," he said, and I gulp. The thought of me sleeping next to this beast makes me want to kill myself right now. "I'll let you rest. You look like you didn't sleep at all," he said. I nodded. He gives one last glance at me before walking out.