Chapter 17

Deborah pov
I woke up with a bad headache and my neck feels so sore. I do not know how I ended up on the bed because the last thing that I remember was falling down on the floor.
I am still in the party dress and need to get out of it as soon as possible.
After 5 minute, I manage to get up from the bed and grab some clothes in the closet.
It is already 12 am, and David isn't in the room, which I'm glad because he almost killed me.
I walk in the restroom and scream when I saw myself in the mirror.
I have a purple bruise on my neck, and some bruises on my arms for some reason.
I gently touch the bruises and it hurt so bad.
Memories from last night came back and I wanted to cry so bad.
Edward is dead, and I'm stuck with David forever. Now I know that he won't kill me but he will hurt me. He almost choke me to death.
Don't want to hurt me, my ass.

I took a quick shower and try to avoid washing my bruises because they hurt like crap.
I walk back in the room and saw David siting on the bed, staring at me as I walk back in.
I started to breath heavily. I wish that I stay in the bathroom the rest of my life and just die of starvation.
"Deborah, come here love" he said and I immediately shook my head.
I will not let him hurt me again.
"Deborah please" he said as he starts to walk over to me.
I stumble back and soon my back hit the wall.
"Please stay away from me" I begged as I started to cry.
David looks at my bruises and a look of guilt fill his eyes. He then look into my wet eyes.
"I'm sorry" he said as he step closer to me.
I shook my head as he grabs my arm and look at the bruises.
"Let me go get some medicine to apply it on your bruise" he said and I push his hard chest back.
"Just leave me alone. You've done enough" I said.
He didn't look mad or angry. He just stare down at my trembling form. He then slowly cress my cheek.
"I'm not going anywhere. You're hurt because of me. What kind of man leaves his woman when she's hurt" he said and kiss my forehead.
More tears started to come down. David is not a man, he is a monster. I wanted to tell him that a real man wouldn't hurt his woman but I'm too tire to argue with him.

"I'm fine, it will take time to heal" I said and was about to walk over to the bed but he grabs my wrist, gripping on it.
"Don't walk away from me" he said calmly. I turn to look at him.
I clench my jaw and look at him coldly.
I'll be seeing him as a devil from now on. I will think of Edward's dead body. I'll hear the gun shot in my ear.
"I know that your hurt because of Edward's death but you cannot go against your husband. He is dead and nothing can change what happened" he said and I pull my arm away from his tight grip.

"I will never forgive you" I said.
He stares at me for a few minutes before heading towards the door.
"Mr.Wilding called me. He wants us to go to Edward's funeral today" he said before walking out.

I started to cry as I thought of Edward dying because of me. I don't even want to attend the funeral but I will have to show my respect. I feel like I will have a mental break down when I see his father and mother.

I look at myself in the mirror. I wore a v neck black long sleeve dress so I can hide the bruises. I made sure to wear makeup so it can hide my dark circles.
David went somewhere which means that his driver will have to drive me to the funeral.
I made sure to buy some white roses before going to the funeral.
The sky isn't happy either. It is gray and it looks like it is about to rain any second. I lead on the window and listen to whatever song is playing on the radio.

Soon we reach the cemetery. There aren't a lot of grave stone so I guess this is a private cemetery.
I got out of the car and the driver hold an umbrella for me since some rain started to drip.
I heard a lot of chattering and cries as I walk closer to Edward's grave.
"Hello Mr. And Mrs.Wilding" I said and Edward's parent turn to me. His mother is crying like hell and his father is clam but he does look hurt.
"Hello Deborah, thank you for coming" Mr.Wilding said and I nod.
I place the white roses on Edward's grave and started to cry.
"I'm sorry" I mumble so only I can hear my own words.
"This is all my fault, I'm sorry" I continue to mumble.
I look around to see that Nick came too. This is sick, he is the one that killed Edward and have the gut to show up.
Me and Nick made eye contact and he stares at me for a few moment before turning back to talk to some guy.