Chapter 11

Edward Wilding on the side

Deborah pov
We arrive at my parent's house, and I am so excited to see them. I ran up to the porch and rang the door.
David wraps his arms around my shoulder as we wait for them to open the door.
Finally, they open the door, and my mom stood there with a happy face looking at me.
"Mom!" I shout and jump into her arms.
"I miss you so much," she mumbles.
We walk into the living room, and David sat down on the couch, looking intimidating as usual.
I sat down next to him since I know he wouldn't like it if I sit somewhere else.
"Where are Destiny and Donna?" I ask.
"They went somewhere, but they will be back," my dad said.
We sat in complete silence before my mom broke the awkwardness.
"Lunch is ready, but we have to wait for your sisters. Deborah, why don't you go show Mr.Gandy your bedroom" my mom suggested.
"Her old bedroom you meant," David said with his cold dark voice.
What is wrong with him? He should respect my parents if he wants me to like him.
I grab David's hand and force him to follow me upstairs. Since he is always the one forcing me, it feels good to force him to follow me.
I open my old bedroom door, and a huge smile appears on my face. I miss my bedroom so much. I let go of David's hand, and I started admiring my old bedroom. David went to sit down on the edge of my bed. He watches me admire my old bedroom.
"Has any guy been in your room?" He asks.
"Yes, my ex," I said.
His jaw clench when he heard that.
"My sisters were with us, though," I quickly said before he does something stupid.
He shook his head before looking around my room.
"So this is where you sleep for 18 years, my love," he said.
How does he know? Did he stalk me since I was a baby?
I watch as he got up from my bed and makes his way towards me.
"I thought since I have been a jerk to you. To make that up, why don't we have a family trip? Your family and my family together," he said.
My eyes widen. Is he serious, or is he joking with me?
"Are you being serious?" I ask. He nods his head. A huge smile form on my face, and soon, I found myself hugging him.
Maybe he is not so bad, after all. I mean, he has been really annoying lately.
My arms were wrapped around his waist while he lays his head on my head.
I do not know how long we stood like that because someone clears their throat.
I quickly let go of David, embarrassed that I hug him.
I look to see my sisters smirking as they lead against the door.
"Sorry to bother you 2 lovers, but some people are hungry," Donna said with a weird tone.
They then giggled before running down the stairs.
"This is so embarrassing," I muttered.
"What's wrong with a husband and wife hugging each other?" David ask.
I look at him and roll my eyes before walking down the stairs. David follow me down, and my sister started giggling again when they saw us walking into the kitchen. I just ignored them and took a seat. David sat next to me. My sisters sat side by side, whispering, and giggling. What's so funny about me hugging David?
My mom and dad sat across from David and me.
"Let's eat," my dad said. We started eating our food. I watch as David awkwardly grab his spoon and took a sip of his soup. I chuckle as I watch him burn his tongue.
"Be careful. It's hot," my mom said.
He nods and looks at me.
I stopped laughing and started grabbing some food. We were eating peacefully and quietly until my mom blurts out. "When are you guys planning on having kids?"
I literally choke on my water. My sisters, on the other hand, are laughing at me.
"Pretty soon," David said.
I look at him in shock. What is he trying to do right now? Pretty soon? Does he know how crazy my mom is about children?
"That's good; I really want a grandchild," my
Mom said.
"Mom, I'm too young to have children," I said.
I felt David's hand on my thighs, squeezing them. He is probably telling me to shut my mouth. I bite my lower lips, not knowing what to do.
"Don't worry, Mrs.Gomez, we will have children soon," David said, and my mom claps in joy. I give her an awkward smile before I turn to give David a cold glare. He smirks at me.
"Anyway, I'm planning a family trip next week. My family is going to be there, and I invite you all to come," David said.
I watch as my family mouth drop.
They're probably wondering why the most dangerous man is asking them to go on a trip.
"T-to where?" My dad stuttered.
"Bora Bora," David said.
I watch as my family sigh in relief.
"When will it be?" Destiny asks.
"Next week," David said.
My sisters and my parents nodded.
This trip is better good. It will be the first time that my family and his family spend some quality time together. Hopefully, he doesn't do anything bad because I can literally drown myself.
After we ate, we chat and talk about things. I don't know how my dad and David started to become close. It seems like my parents start to like David, which I really mind. I want them to continue to hate him as I do. He seems to be calm and gentle while he talks to my parents. He probably wants to be on their good side again after all the bad things he has done. My sisters seem to forgive David; I hate that he is actually getting along with my family now.