Chapter 14

Deborah pov
At night, I couldn't sleep at all. Edward words kept replaying in my head.
He said he would help me get out of this hell hole. Would he really? Isn't he scare?
Well he is a Mafia too, but David is king of Mafia.
I just don't know if this would be the right thing to do.
Yeah I hate David and all but he would probably end up killing me and my family if I ever try to run away from him again.
I wouldn't want anyone to be in danger just because I can't love my husband. Just because I can't accept him since he is a Mafia.
Just when my eye lids were closing, my phones suddenly ring. I grab my phone that is laying on the nightstand and saw that the call is from David. I answer it since he would be mad if I didn't.
"Hello" I said, sounding like I'm half dead.
"Hey, are you asleep?" His dark husky voice ask.
"No" I mumble and my eye lid started to close again.
"I miss you" he said. I just smile to myself as I felt myself going into my dream land.
"I miss you too" was my last word before I fell asleep.
David pov
I smile to myself when she said that she miss me too. I don't know if she really means it but at least she said it.
"Boss, we have a problem" my guard Andrew said.
"What's the problem?" I asked calmly since Deborah made my mood better.
"Another Mafia is trying to get into our business. He said that he knows your biggest weakness" Andrew said. I look at him as he handed me some files.
"What are these?" I asked.
"Pictures" Andrew said.
I open the files and it reveals pictures of Deborah with Edward. They're siting on some big rocks talking and looking at the beach. My fist hardened as I look at the way she is looking at him. She never smiles at me that way.
"When we're these taken?" I ask.
"It was delivered to us a few minutes ago, so probably today" Andrew said.
I kept staring at the pictures. Deborah is my biggest weakness and whoever that Mafia is, must be trying to take her away from me.
"Tell that Mafia to meet with me" I said.
"We already know who the Mafia is" Andrew said and I look at him with a confuse look.
"Edward Wilding" Andrew said.
I got up from my seat and punch the damn wall.
"He's trying to get with Deborah to bring me down" I muttered.
Deborah pov
I woke up to a loud bang on my door. I slowly got up from my bed and went to open the doors to see 2 guards twice my size, looking down at me.
"Mrs.Gandy, we're here to escort you" one of the guard said.
I notice that the guards looks uncomfortable because of what I'm wearing.
"Escort me to where?" I asked as I grab my robe that is lying on the floor.
"Mr.Gandy wants us to bring you back to California" the guard said, without looking at me.
"I don't want to" I said and cross my hand.
The 2 guards look at each other and nodded. The one on the left walk pass me no doubt to pack my things.
"Hey!" I shout as the other one puts me on his shoulder and carry me out of my room.
"Put me down! Now!!" I yelled as I kept hitting  his hard back.
"We're sorry Mrs.Gandy, but we're just doing our job" the guard said and ignore my yelling and commands.
13 hours later
We landed in California on a private area, probably David's land. I slept the whole flight ride. I can't believe David, he said he would let me enjoy this vacation but now he force me to come back. The guards escorted me out and I saw David and some other guards waiting for us outside of the jet.
I give him a dirty glare as soon as our eyes meet. After I walk down the stairs, I just stood there not wanting to go near David.
He sense that I have no plans on hugging him or walking over to him so he walks over to me instead.
"I'm sorry that you have to come back early, there was an emergency" David said as he place his hand around my waist. I just stare at him coldly not wanting to say a thing.
He sigh, and walk us over to his car. He open the passenger seat door for me and I got in without looking at him or thanking him. He probably needed someone to fuck, that's his emergency.
"You can lose the attitude now" David said as he drove off.
"Don't have one" I said coldly and started texting my sisters.
"I'm only doing this for your safety" he said. Yeah because my life got dangerous after you barge in.
"I want you to stay in the house all day and my guards will be looking after you" David said and I roll my eyes.
"I don't want you to ever see Edward again" he said making my eyes widen.
Edward is my friend now, he shouldn't take that away from me.
"Not happening" I said. I saw his hand gripping on the steering wheels making me a little nervous.
"Your going to do as I say" he said. His voice is at the edge of yelling and from what I saw. A mad David Gandy is not good.
"Edward is my friend, I won't do as u say" I mumble under my breath but he must have heard me because his hands were gripping on the steering wheel tighter, and I can see his veins popping out.
The rest of the ride home was filled with awkwardness and silence. He looked like he wanted to crash all the cars but he probably didn't want to do it for my safety.
When we reach home, he immediately got out of the car and slam the door. I on the other hand slowly got out of the car and close it gently. I was too afraid to do anything stupid.
"Follow me" he demanded and I follow him. We walk pass all the maids that greeted us. I tried to say hi to all of them but David rush me. We walk in his room, or should I say our room. As soon as I close the door he slam me to the wall and started kissing me roughly.
"I have miss your lips my love" he whispers in my ear and continue to attack my lips.
I guess he doesn't notice that I wasn't in the mood to force myself to kiss him back. I just stand still and let him devour my body.
2 hours later
David roll to my side and catch his breath. I grab the blanket that ended up in the floor so I can cover my naked body.
"I don't want you near any guy from now. Only the guards that I got for you, but I demanded them not to touch you unless they had to protect you from danger" David said as he wraps his arms around me. Since I was too tired to argue, I just nodded.
David just rubs his hand on my back as I felt my eye lid started to drop.
5 minutes later
I open my eyes to see that I am not in David's room. The room is dark but I can still see the door. I slowly walk to the door and open it. A stair a appears in front of me. Since there is no where to go, I just climb up the stairs. As I was climbing the stairs, I heard noises.
Finally, I reach another floor.
The noises got louder and louder as I walk straight. Where is this place? I never seen it before.
"Hello?" I called out.
There was no answer. I follow the noise and saw a group of men's in front of me. It was like some sort of meeting. I just stand there not knowing what to do. I recognize some of the guys. They're David's men's. They all look devastated and sad.
"I cannot believe that Mrs.Gandy did that" I heard one of them said.
"What's happening?" I asked but it seems like they didn't hear me, or they're ignoring me. I look around and saw some maids walking down from upstairs. They all look scare and sad too.
I decided to go upstairs. Now I recognize the hall. This leads to David's room.
I open it and saw doctors and nurses siting at the edge of David's bed. There are also a lot of surgery supplies.
"What's happening?" I ask.
Again, people ignore me.
I walk closer to get a better view on why they're being like this. When I got close enough to see what's laying on the bed, my mouth drop.
It's David.
There were blood everywhere. He looks like he is about to die. There is a gun wound on his belly. I close my mouth as I walk closer to his bed.
"Deborah" I heard him kept murmuring.
I felt my eyes getting watery. My knees drop on the floor and I grab David's hand.
"Omg what happened?" I kept crying and crying.
"The wound is really bad, he lost a lot of blood" one of the nurse said. I started to sob more.
"It seems like his wife really hates him. She shoot him" the doctor said as he started to wipe the blood off of David's head.
I did this? There is no way I did this. I can't harm a person. I shoot David?
A few moments later, David started to cough out blood. I step back and gasp.
Is he going to die?
I watch as his guards, maids, nurses, and Doctor started to run around.
I step back, still shock to see what's happening.
I shook my head rapidly.
"I didn't do it" I muttered. I kept repeating the word.
"Deborah what's wrong?" Someone shouted. It sounded like David's voice. I gasp as I open my eyes. I sat up and started to breath heavily.
"Deborah honey what's wrong?" David ask as he looks at me worriedly. I look around to see that I am still in his room. My forehead was sweating and I am shivering. It must have been a dream. A really bad dream.
"You ok?" David ask as he stares at me intensely. I turn to him and immediately wrap my arms around his neck.
I started to cry as memories from the dream appear.
"It's ok, I'm here, your alright" he said as he hugs me tightly. I continue to sob. What kind of dream is that?
"I'm scare" I cried.
Edward pov
"So what's your plan my son?" My dad ask. He smirk as I started to get something out of my bag.
"Easy, David's biggest weakness is Deborah, and if I took that away from him. I will become king of Mafia" I said and handed my dad pictures of Deborah and I that I told my guard to take.
"Well done, I'm looking forward to your next plan" my dad said.
"I'll steal his position and his woman" I said making my dad chuckle a little bit.
"It seems like that girl doesn't want to be with David" my dad said making me smirk.
"That's the reason why I'm making her fall for me. I'll make her be by my side and use her against David" I said.
"Do you like the girl?" my dad ask.
I stare at him not knowing what to say.
"You don't fall in love when you're a Mafia my son. You do everything by force. David seems like he has fallen in love, that's how you get your weakness. I don't want you to fall in love with her" dad said making me tense up.
I have to admit, Deborah makes me want to be a good person. She is funny, beautiful, and fun to hang with. I just find it hard not to fall in love with her. Maybe for now, I'll just keep that a secret until I take her away from David.
Deborah pov
As I was taking a shower, I kept thinking about the dream. Maybe it was just a nightmare, but for some reason, I felt like it was a clue or something. Never once in my life has I dream about killing someone. Until now.

After I was done, I got out of the shower and put on my robe. Maybe I should give David a chance, but he needs to prove himself though. I don't want my children's grow up to be a Mafia. I don't want them to be like their father, doing illegal things and forcing people to do things that they don't want to do.
Wait... Why am I even thinking of giving him a chance? Ughh I shouldn't.
After I did my hair and everything, I went back into the room and thank god David wasn't in there.
I grab my phone from the nightstand and saw a message from Edward. A smile appear on my face and I took a seat on the bed.
I open the message and Edward ask if I wanted  to meet up and have some lunch. I know that I can't though, David made it clear that I can't hang out with Edward or even text him. I'm pretty sure there are guards who will see me if I walk out of this room. I kept thinking of what I should tell Edward.
A few seconds later my phone ring and it is Edward calling.
"Hello" I answer quietly.
"Now you're ignoring my message?" He ask.
"No, it's just, I can't hang out. David doesn't want me to talk to you. There are guards everywhere too" I said.
There was a long pause until Edward finally spoke up.
"Well, I can always sneak in, maybe through your balcony" he said.
My eyes widen, that sounded like Romeo and Juliet.
"We're both going to be dead, if we get caught" I said.
Edward chuckles.
"Aye, I would do anything to see your beautiful face" he said.
I blush at that but came back to my senses.
"Whatever, I don't want you to be in dangerous because of me" I said.
Me and Edward talk for almost an hour until I heard the door being knock.
I hung up the phone and go open the door.
The maid told me to come down and eat breakfast. Since I'm so hungry I decided to take this opportunity to eat.

I walk in the dinning room and David wasn't there. He probably went to do some illegal works, but some of his guards are still here, keeping an eye on me.
I just ignore the glares that the maids give me. I just mind my own business and eat.
David pov
"Make sure that Deborah doesn't go anywhere" I said and hung up the phone. I got out of my car and walk inside the abandon building along with my guards.
We saw my old friend siting on the an old, ruined couch, and a cigarette in his mouth. When he saw me, he stood up.
"Hello David. I haven't seen you for almost 12 years" he said and hold out his hand for a handshake.
I smirk and shake his hand.
"It's good to see you again" I said and sat down on the old couch.
"So, why did you want to see me?" He asked.
"You see, a new Mafia wants to compete with me. He wants to steal my wife and use her against me" I said. My old friend looks at me and laugh.
"Your wife against you? Do you really love her?" He asked making me hardens my fist.
"I do love her" I said with a serious tone.
He stares at me for a moment before speaking again.
"What do you need help on?" He asked.
Finally, business is on.
"Destroy the boy, his name is Edward Wilding. I do not wish to harm this boy, because if my wife finds out, she will hate me" I said.
I told one my guard to open the 2 suitcase that brought. They open it, to reveal 20 million dollars.
"10 in each suitcase" I said.
He nods and smirk.
"We have a deal David" he said.
I nodded and pat his back.
"Don't disappoint me Nick" I said.
"I would never disappoint my brother" he said with a smirk.