Chapter 7

Deborah pov
After that annoying talk, we head upstairs.
"Where are you going, by the way?" He asks while his hand trails up and down on my back.
"Ahum, I just wanted to take a walk," I said.
"So your legs aren't sore anymore?" He asked, more like making fun of me.
"Ahum, they still hurt, but I was just planning on going to the beach, which is in front of the penthouse, so it's not a big deal," I said. I look at him, and I do not know why he looks mad. Not a surprise because he's always mad for some reason.
"Well, I'm coming with you," he said, and I almost yelled out a no. This man already ruined half of my morning; he should let me at least enjoy the beach.
"You don't have to if you have work to do," I said. He stares in my eye, suspiciously. He probably senses that I am trying to get rid of him.
"This is our honeymoon; I want to spend time with you," he said. Since there is no way out of this, I guess I'll have to let him come. We walk out of the penthouse side by side. I don't know why he wants to come with me, doesn't David have anything better to do? I stare at the water is right in front of my eye. It's so beautiful. Hawaii is the best.
"I made a reservation for us to eat at the restaurant by our penthouse," he said, and I nodded. While I stare at the beautiful ocean, I can sense David's eye on me. Even though I'm not looking into his eye, I feel so uncomfortable with his glance.
"Isn't this the most beautiful thing you've seen?" I asked, trying to break the awkwardness.
"Second most beautiful thing," he said. We sat on the sand, and David puts his arm around my shoulder, hugging me. I look at people who were walking by us, whispering and admiring us. We were staring at the beautiful ocean until my phone started to ring. David immediately looks at me. I give him a small smile before grabbing my phone out of my pocket.
"Hello," I answer; I didn't even look at the contact name, omg!!
"Hey, it's me, Carlos," I froze when I heard that. Why is Carlos calling me, omg!! Since I'm not saying a thing, David became suspicious. He snatches my phone out of my hand and put it on speaker. His eyes became dark when he saw who is on the phone.
"Helloooo," Carlos said.
"Hey," I manage to let out.
"When are you coming back? We need to catch up on certain things," Carlos said.
"Ahum, I'm going back in a few days," I said. David grip on my phone, and I swear he can smash it with his big hand.
"Alright, call me when you're coming back; I need to tell you something significant," Carlos said. What does he need to tell me?
I didn't get to say goodbye because David hung up.
"You're not talking to that boy again," he said and put my phone in his pocket.
"Hey, give me back my phone," I said as I try to reach for it.
"No, you don't need a phone," he said.
"Yes, I do!" I yelled.
David look around before putting me on his shoulder.
"Put me down, you sick bastard!" I yelled as I hit his back.
"You better shut up before I make you," he warns. I continue to hit him, but I stop yelling for the sick of myself and my family. He carries me inside our room and drops me down on the bed. I quickly move away from him.
"Give me! I need it to talk to my family!!" I yelled.
"Your family is fine! I'm taking excellent care of them! You don't need to talk to them! You don't need to talk to anyone! Except for me!" He yelled.
I can't believe this man. First, he forces me into doing all of this shit, and now I can't even contact my family. I rather kill myself than be with him for the rest of my life.
"I hate you," I said. His expression change after I said that. He looks sad, but at the same time, he's trying to look angry, so he doesn't show it.
"I will never love you. I will never accept you. I will never consider you as my lover," I continued. He looks at me with that usual dark expression of his. There was a long staring contact between us.
"We will have to cancel our lunch and dinner together. I'll have the maid make you food. I'm going to work. Don't leave the penthouse," he said after staring at me.
Thank goodness, I don't want to have lunch or dinner with this monster.
"I'll see you later," he said and walked out, making sure to lock my door. I let out a relieved sigh. I can't believe I was brave enough to say that.
I heard some whispers outside of my door, but I can't understand what they're saying.
Whatever I don't care, I'll mind my business.
1 hour later
The maid decided to bring my food finally. Took her long enough. I was getting bored in the room.
"I made you lunch," she said and placed it on the nightstand.
"Thank you," I said and give her a warm smile. She smiles back, and I started digging in my food.
"Mr.Gandy wants you to go to bed and not wait for him," she said. Th, why would I wait for that monster?
"Wait, is he not going to come back tonight?" I ask. She shook her head. I am so happy inside, but I don't want to show my excitement.
"I don't want dinner tonight; you can leave early; I just feel like sleeping all day," I said. She looks at me, suspiciously.
"Mr.Gandy told me to make your food for lunch and dinner," she said.
"I'll call Mr.Gandy and tell him that I don't want to eat dinner, so just leave," I said. She nods and walks out. I jump in joy. I want to escape this hell hole. I ran into the closet and found the backpack that I brought. I just started putting on some warm clothes that I might need to escape this place. I grab my passport and money that I got from my sister. They give me 1 thousand dollars for my safety. I do not know what they mean for my safety, but I'll use it to escape David. After shoving important things in my backpack, I put on a SnapBack and went to the balcony.