Chp. 18 - My Turn

POV Amber

The concrete floor was hard and cold and I've been sleeping on it for two nights. My red dress from the ball was all dirty and tattered. Not even convicts slept in these conditions, but with the hate the hunters had for us I guess it was to be expected. My heart ached for Cole, that is how I knew it what we had was real, he was my soul mate and even though my wolf had disappeared I could still feel it. A pain in my chest rose when I thought about Cole, about what he might be doing, would he be looking for me? Was this how Lily felt when she was seperated from Holden? Probably worse being as I am the one who drove them apart. 
They hadn't hurt me, yet. But their promise was still etched into my mind, they were going to kill me because Lily killed three of theirs. I didn't want to die, I wanted to live my life with Cole in his pack far away from all of the war and the killing. 

My human ears picked up footsteps a several feet away, my cell was tiny with a wooden door with only a small section to see out of. Almost medieval. 

"Little Wolf" the man called in sing song voice, my heart picked up speed and I wanted so desperately for Her to wake up, to help me, but that serum they gave me put her to sleep. 
"Here Little Wolf" I knew they put on that voice to scare me and even though it scared the hell out of me I wasn't going to let him know that, I needed to be strong like Lily, she wasn't going to be leader of the Defence Line because she tucked tailed and run and I am not going to let these hunters know their effect on my heart beat. 

The footsteps stopped and I knew he was outside my door, 

"Hey little wolf" his deep voice echoed throughout my cell, trying to contain my shaking I lift my eyes to start into his deep piercing blue ones, dancing with the joy of torment, I caught myself before I let my eyes portray my emotion. 

"The boss wants to see you" I wanted to throw up at the sight of his menacing smile, he wasn't that bad of a looker but his smell, his ego, his nature and the fact that he's sworn to spend his entire life to hunt my kind is kind of a turn off. 

I could barely stand, I was so weak, mentally and physically and it's a feeling I didn't like having, his smile grew wider as he unlocked the dungeon door. He was wearing a polo shirt and jeans, exactly what you would be expecting them to wear. Keeping eye contact was hard but I knew I had to, it was a fight for dominance and fight for power and I was not going to lose. 

He knelt and his face was inches from mine, they say looking into anothers eyes was like looking into their soul, you could be told anything from just a look, but he was telling me nothing, his eyes were as blank and lifeless as a corpse, he had no soul. 

"You are a sweet little thing aren't ya?" his hand raised to stroke the hair out of my face and I couldn't help the shake that now took over my body, I knew I was going to die, Hunters don't let my kind live, no matter how good we are. 

"Please" I whisper letting my strong facade drop,

"What?" he smiles, 

"Please don't do this" I beg, feeling the tears escape my eyes, my insides were clenched and my heart was racing I felt like I was going to die of fear. 

"I'm not going to do anything, not yet anyway" the air caught in my throat as I tried to keep my sobs at bay. "The Boss wants to show you something". 

Grabbing my arm he squeezed and squeezed until I cried in pain, he dragged me to my feet and forced me into the hall. The stone was cold against my bare feet, the skin tight from bruises and dirt, my face stained from my tears and I didn't even think about my hair. The hall reminded of the medieval dungeons at the bottom of castles, but instead of flaming torches there are UV lights, the floor and walls were made out of stones, and the doors were wooden with a single squared that had a bars on them as if we could squeeze our bodies out of them.