Chapter 5

[Min Ha Neul's POV]

Hye Jin and I screamed the moment Jimin successfully threw the ball inside the ring. Jimin's team was leading by seven points ahead at this moment.

A few minutes later the referee blew the whistle as a sign of substitutions. I saw someone from Jimin's team ran to the side of the court where his team mate was waiting to step into the game, replacing him.

They gave each other a high five then the substitute jogged through the basketball court, adjusting himself on his position.

When he crossed the court, I saw his name was written on the back of his shirt. Kim Taehyung. The referee blew the whistle one more time and then the game started again.

The game lasted and it became more and more exciting. The other team managed to caught up and surpassed Jimin's team score. They were two points ahead from Jimin's team now.

I shouted to give Jimin and his team some support when I saw Jimin passed the ball to Taehyung. He caught the ball easily and then he ran to the other side of the court as he dribbled the ball.

When he tried to make a shoot near the ring, someone from the other team was blocking him. He then turned around quickly and ran to the other side of the court.

It was definitely a man to man defense situation. It is a type of defensive tactic used in basketball in which each player is assigned to defend and follow the movements of a single player on offense.

Taehyung stopped behind the three-point line as he lowered his body. His hands alternately dribbled the ball, crossing down his leg.

He looked at his opponent in front of him and then took a glance at the time. They only had seven seconds before the game ended. He aimed at the ring as he dribbled a few times before he finally jumped and threw the ball into the ring.

Four seconds left. I locked my eyes on the ball as I bit my lower lip. The audience were quite when the ball smoothly went inside the ring.

The referee blew his whistle followed by the cheers of the crowd as the match ended. Me and Hye Jin jumped in happiness as Taehyung managed to score three points in time, causing Jimin's team won the game.

A few moments later, Hye Jin grabbed me by the hand and dragged me down to where Jimin's team was busy celebrating their victory.

I followed her step without complaining. I saw Jimin and Taehyung got surrounded by their team mates as Hye Jin and I stood a few steps away from them.

"Good job V!" Jimin and his other friends ruffled Taehyung's hair.

"V?" Taehyung raised an eyebrow as he looked at their captain.

"Yup. It stands for victory. Isn't that good for a nickname?" Jimin said as he chuckled.

"Oh, that sounds cool." Taehyung nodded as he grinned widely, showing off his perfect teeth.

He looked so cute with his unique rectangular smile which I saw it for the first time.

"Oh, you're here." Jimin said when he saw Hye Jin waved at his direction and then excused himself before he walked toward us.

I was still looking at Taehyung when he suddenly looked back at me with his bright smile was still plastered around his face.

I flashed a smile back at him spontaneously and then turned around when Hye Jin pulled my hand. We walked back to the bleachers and rested our self.

[Kim Taehyung's POV]

Jimin excused himself right after he greeted his friends. I took a glance toward his friends and saw a familiar face was already looking back at me.

She flashed me a smile before turning around and walked back to the bleachers along with her two other friends.

Wait a minute. A friend that she mentioned earlier was Jimin Seonbae?

My eyebrows were furrowed by the thoughts. I was still looking at her direction when Jungkook called me from behind, startling me a bit.

"Yah Taehyungie, what are you doing there?" He shouted.

"Nothing." I shook my head as I turned around and walked toward him.

I took a sit beside Jungkook after I grabbed a bottle of water to freshen up my dried throat. I leaned my back onto the wall as I chugging on the water.

Ha Neul was sitting on the bleachers across the room and I found my eyes kept looking toward her direction. Then I realized something important.

Oh no you better not.

"Hey, do you know who that is?" I curiously asked Jungkook who was busy taking a selfie with his phone.

"Who?" He looked up.

"Her." I said as I nodded toward the bleachers where she seated.

"Choi Hye Jin Seonbae-nim?" He asked back.

"No, the other one." I said impatiently.

"Ah, that. That's Min Ha Neul Seonbae-nim." He said casually.

"Seonbae-nim? She's a senior??" My tone was rising unintentionally. 

Just as I thought.

But I still a bit surprised since I never expected her being older than me. Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at me.

"What is wrong with you?" He finally asked as he shook his head slightly. "She's in the same class as Jimin Seonbae, of course she is a senior." He added.

"I was right after all." I mumbled softly which sounded more like a whisper to myself but Jungkook heard it apparently.

"About what?" He asked.

"Huh? Oh about Ha Neul Seonbae who's actually a senior." I muttered.

"What? How could you not know that?" Jungkook scoffed at me.

"I don't know." I shrugged. "I've been talking to her informally for several times already." I said as I bit my lower lip slightly. "I even called her by her name only." I continued.

"Seriously?! Wah you're such a reckless kid." Jungkook shook his head in disbelief.

"I didn't know that she was our senior, okay?" I confessed to defense myself. "She didn't tell me about that either so I thought we were in the same grade." I sighed, feeling a bit disappointed.

"You're lucky she didn't consider you as an impolite junior then." Jungkook shrugged as he went back to his phone.

"Mhm." I hummed as I took a sip on my water again.

So that was the reason why I didn't see her often during school. Her classroom was pretty far enough from mine. It was literally in the other side of the building. I haven't seen her around the cafeteria too since that place is pretty big and crowded.

I didn't realize that I've been staring at her for too long and I almost choked myself when I saw her turned around and her gaze was on me.

I looked away quickly and put down the bottle aside as I struggling to swallow the water inside my mouth. I cleared my throat as I caught my breath.

A moment later my eyes slowly glanced over her once again and she was already busy laughing with her friends.

I paused as I watched every single gesture that she made. Her face was so cute, therefore I assumed that we were in the same grade yet she was actually older than me.

I didn't know why but my curiosity towards her was getting bigger. I couldn't take my eyes off of her for the rest of that day.