Chapter 25

[Author's POV]

Taehyung was right in front of Jungkook when the younger boy was focus on dribbling the orange ball. Taehyung locked his eyes on the ball before Jungkook fooled him and finally managed to pass him and threw the ball through the ring, making a score.

"Whoop whoop I win again!" Jungkook put both of his arms up in the air, smiling cheekily as he celebrated his second victory of the day.

"Well, I'm sure he was just being kind to you." Bambam, who was sitting on the side of the court since they started the game blurted out some words as he watched the two panting.

"Am I being too generous?" Taehyung shrugged as he tilted his head slightly.

"Yeah you wish." Jungkook scoffed while Taehyung and Bambam just laughed.

"Anyway, let's go home now. I'm hungry~" Bambam whined.

"Just go ahead, I still wanted to practice for a while." Taehyung said as he motioned them to go while wiping his sweaty neck with a towel.

"You sure?" Jungkook raised an eyebrow before he gulped down his water and then took his bag and slung it over his shoulder.

"Mhm." Taehyung hummed before he picked up the ball.

"Don't force yourself tho, your hand was just completely recovered." Jungkook warned him in a concerned tone.

"I won't. See you guys." Taehyung shook his head as he waved his hand towards his friends.

"Hmm see ya~" Bambam hummed before he walked outside, followed by Jungkook as he returned the wave towards the boy.

Taehyung kept on dribbling and shooting, dribbling and then shooting again. A moment later he jumped and made a shoot from the three point area before the ball went smoothly inside the ring.

He stopped as he bent down while resting his palms on his knees. His sweat was dripping to the floor while he was panting hard, trying his best to catch some air through his mouth.

Taehyung dropped himself on the floor after he drank up all of the water that left inside his bottle. When he finally regained his energy, he changed his wet white t-shirt and short into his uniform before heading home.

The sky had changed its color to a mixture of orange and lilac when Taehyung walked outside. He was humming while listening to his favorite song through his earphone when he saw Ha Neul was walking not far in front of him.

He fastened his footsteps and then realized that the girl was holding a shoe in one of her hands. Taehyung slowed down as he took off his earphone and shoved it inside his pocket.

Why is she walking barefoot?

Taehyung's eyebrows furrowed as he confused before he came to approach the girl who seemed like staring at nothing but her bare feet as she walked slowly.

"Ha Neul-ah." Taehyung grabbed her shoulder, making her froze suddenly.

"Oh, T-taehyung. What's up?" She looked up as she flashed a quick smile.

"Why are you walking barefoot? What's wrong with your shoes? Why don't you wear them?" Taehyung bombarded her with questions that been spinning around his head for the past seconds. His tone was in concerned yet his face was looking confused as ever.

Ha Neul cracked a chuckle as he looked at the boy's face, making him even confused.

"Why are you laughing? Can't you at least answer my questions?" He demanded.

"Sorry I couldn't help it. It's been a while since I've seen your worried face like this." She chuckled softly. "Oh and I prefer walking barefoot rather than walking in a wet shoes." She shrugged.