Chapter 23

[Author's POV]

The bell rang three times, followed by the students hoots of joy as they bursted out of the classroom. Ha Neul and Hye Jin left their seats immediately when Jimin motioning them to come to the cafeteria with him.

They were walking leisurely as they entered the crowded cafeteria. When they were queuing to order some food, Ha Neul saw Jin waving his hand slightly toward her from across the room.

Ha Neul just threw him a quick smile before she looked around, to check if she received some death glares just now. Fortunately, no one noticed. At least that's what she thought.

Jin then excused himself to his friends before he stood up and approached her. He walked casually as he crossed the room. Just as usual, all eyes on him ever since he took the first step.

He didn't struggle to wade through the crowd since the other students moved out of his way without his demands, as if he was a prince and the others were just commoners.

"You ordered yet?" He said once he stood up besides Ha Neul.

"Uhm just about to." Ha Neul informed as she slightly cleared her throat nervously.

"Whatever you're about to order, make it two." Jin stared at the girl besides him as he curved up his lips in a quick smile.

Ha Neul just nodded before she ordered two sets of bibimbap. While waiting, she reached her pocket to pull out some money but got stopped by Jin immediately.

"My treat." He pulled out some money and then put it on the counter.

"Oh, th-thankyou." She looked down as her cheeks turned red, still blushing everytime the tall guy treated her kindly.

The four of them took a sit at the table in the corner of the cafeteria. Once they settled, Ha Neul and Jin started digging into their food. Meanwhile Jimin and Hye Jin just stared at them with eyes full of wonder.

"You seriously need to update me about this." Jimin whispered to Hye Jin who were sitting right next to him.

"I'm the one who sould ask you. What happened to him and miss nursey??" Her tone slightly raised, just like her eyebrow as she whispered back.

"They broke up a week ago." Jimin stole some glances toward Ha Neul and Jin who were busy enjoying their food across the table.

"A week?! Well that's fast." Hye Jin taunted.

"What do you guys talking about?" Ha Neul finally raised her head before she shoved a spoonful of food inside her tiny mouth.

"Nothing, just some random stuff." Hye Jin shook her head as she started digging on her food randomly.

"You don't mind if I joined you, right?" Jin suddenly looked up, and then stared at Jimin and Hye Jin alternately.

"Of course not. Why would you even asked hyung?" Jimin said as he let out a chuckle.

"Well, just incase." Jin shrugged.

"Yeah, it's not like you're a stranger to us." Hye Jin added as she chuckled.

"I know." Jin chuckled before he continued to finish his food.

~~~~~~~

"I told you I'm not hungry, Jungkook." Taehyung retorted as he crossed his arms on the desk before burrying his face in between them.

"There's no way a pig like you don't feel hungry." Jungkook scoffed as he shook his head in disbelief.

"Just go with Bambam, he's the real pig." Taehyung swayed his hand, motioning Jungkook to go away.

"Well, he already left with Lisa." Jungkook shrugged.

"Go get a girlfriend then." Taehyung said non-chalantly.

"Said the one who's still single." Jungkook snorted.

"Shut up." Taehyung hissed under his breath.

"Oh c'mon, what is wrong with you? You've been slacking like a zombie this past two days!" Jungkook grabbed Taehyung by the boy's under arms, forcing him to stood up.

"Fine! Fine!" Taehyung finally gave up as he yanked the younger boy's hands off of him before he walked lazily outside the classroom.

"There you go." The younger boy grinned as he followed Taehyung from behind.

"Your treat." Taehyung said in a monotone as he ruffled his hair to fix it.

"What?" Jungkook squinted as he frowned.

"Nevermind." Taehyung quickly turned around, walking back to the classroom.

"Alright, alright you prick! My treat!" He just let Taehyung win this time, too hungry to argue.

"Heh." Taehyung smirked in victory as he walked passed Jungkook and headed to the cafeteria while Jungkook just rolled his eyes before he followed him.

Jungkook's eyes were busy scanning the cafeteria to find out if there were any seats available for them. But it seemed like he couldn't find any, so he put his tray back on the counter as he sighed.

"I sometimes wonder if the students in this school are way too much or the cafeteria is just too small." Jungkook murmured.

"It's so much bigger than your tiny dance studio so stop complaining." Taehyung said briefly.

"Of course it's tiny, it was my old room idiot!" Jungkook anounced as he strangled the older boy's neck playfully.

Taehyung just laughed while he kept on hitting Jungkook's stomach with his elbow. This is literally how they fight with each other every single day, so others were used to seeing their silly behaviour like this.

"Oh that's Jimin hyung, right? In the corner?" Jungkook tilted his head as he let go of Taehyung. "Great, we could just crash by their table now." He chuckled before he took his tray back.

Taehyung followed the younger boy's gaze and soon enough, his smile dropped from his face. The stinging feeling slowly crawling back to his chest as soon as his eyes landed on her beautiful face.

"You're not coming?" Jungkook turned his head once he realized that Taehyung hasn't moved an inch.

"Sorry, I just lost my appetite." Taehyung replied weakly as he averted his gaze to the other side.

"Seriously now? I've already paid for the food!" Jungkook looked at Taehyung in disbelief.

"Sorry, just give it to anyone who wants it. I'm going back to the class." Taehyung turned his heels, ignoring Jungkook who's staring at his back with a puzzled look.

Taehyung bumped into a few students as he slowly walked through the hallway. He stared blankly at the floor as he lost his focus because inside, he cursed at himself.

He cursed himself for hating on other's happiness. He cursed himself for not accepting the reality. He cursed himself for being stupid.

Why couldn't he just let her go?