Chapter 10

[Min Ha Neul's POV]

Bzz bzz~

I felt my phone vibrating against my palm, causing me to wake up. I sat back as I gazed at my phone screen to check on the time.

Ah I fell asleep again.

I scratched the back of my head then stretched my neck and arms as I yawned. I turned my sight to the window and saw the sky were already turned into a pitch black.

I grabbed my backpack and then plugged my earphone as I turned the music to blast on my ear as I dragged myself out of the library casually.

I hummed to the music as I shoved my hands to my jacket's pocket when I felt someone touched my shoulder. I paused for a moment before I tilted my head to found out who it was but his cold forefinger touched my cheek gently.

I startled when I saw Taehyung stood right beside me. I unplugged my earphone as I turned off the music and shoved it inside my pocket.

"Your hand is cold." I said a moment later.

"You didn't seem to hear when I called you so I had to do this." He said as he pulled his hand away from my face.

I didn't know why but staring at him like this gave some kind of tingling sensation inside my heart.

"Why aren't you home yet?" I asked as I raised an eyebrow.

"I was just practicing." He answered as he pointed his thumb towards the gym building.

"Oh I see." I said as I nodded.

"But what are you doing here so late?" He asked.

"Ah I fell asleep at the library." I said as I bit my lower lip slightly.

"Did you cry again?" He asked bluntly.

"What? No..." I lowered my voice as I cleared my throat and then looked away cause I suddenly afraid to look directly into his eyes.

I could see from the corner of my eyes that he didn't flinch. I suddenly remembered when he hit the table at the cafeteria yesterday. His behavior was so unpredictable, but I was curious about him.

"Why did you hit the table at the cafeteria the other day?" I asked quickly as I glanced at him. "It was so sudden that everyone was confused." I chuckled a little bit.

"I don't know, you looked upset." He replied as he shrugged.

"What do you mean?" My eyebrows furrowed by his statement.

"Well I thought if they went further you might ended tearing up since you know, you're such a crybaby." He let out a small chuckle as he rubbed the tip of his nose.

Why is he suddenly looked so cute yet annoying at the same time?!

"I'm not a crybaby!" I smacked his arm.

"Ohh really?" He raised his eyebrows as he scoffed.

"Well..." I gulped down my saliva silently. "Why don't you asked me anything about what happened that day?" I continued as I finally looked back right into his eyes.

He licked his lips slightly as he looked back at me, probably still searching for some words to say.

"Believe me, I was so shocked and confused back then that I couldn't even ran after you." He finally spoke up.

"Me too actually." I muttered under my breath.

"I even thought about your crying face literally every single night, afraid that I might be the cause behind it." He added hesitantly. His voice was deep yet soft.