Chapter 35

[Author's POV]

A year later...

The blue sky spread out as the bright white fluffy clouds decorating it elegantly. Flower petals were dancing with the wind, circling around the abandoned park which looked really beautiful in some people's eyes.

Ha Neul was sitting on one of the benches in the park, leaning her head back as she witnessed the beauty of nature that unfolds before her eyes.

She started coming back to the park a few months ago, knowing that she would always find her peace in there. She never bumped into Seokjin in that place anymore, actually she never saw him around ever since the guy graduated from the school last year. But they were still keep in touch.

Graduation.

It was finally her turn. She will be graduating from high school in about half an hour from now. It felt like only yesterday she attended high school and now she was going to graduate, time does fly really fast for her.

So much had happened in only a single year. She started to play the piano again and finally made up with his father. She spent the rest of her senior year studying and practicing piano so she got no time worrying about other things anymore and yes, he was included.

Ha Neul stood up from her seat as she began walking back to school. She held out her hand to catch a petal when it slowly fell onto her palm. The petal somehow reminded her of spring day, of a certain someone.

Someone whom she found lost in this intersection she walked in right now. Someone who made such a big impact toward her life. Memories of them meeting each other for the first time were flashing back inside her head.

Her lips formed into a bitter smile when she recalled his name. It's been a long time since the last time she talked with Taehyung. She never managed to say her apologies towards the boy and she still felt guilty for being a coward.

She ran away right after she witnessed the things that happened in the back of the stadium. She slightly regret it, but she was too afraid to hear the truth from his lips. She scared to hear that he already found the girl he loved and it wasn't her.

They never even spare a glance when they past each other in the cafeteria or around the school. Ha Neul wouldn't look at his direction because she knew that the girl were always near him.

What's the point to look at him if it was only made her heart broke into pieces all over again?

The answer on how their relationship turned from people who used to live together to a complete strangers like they were right now, the both of them didn't even know.

"Ha Neul-ah!" Hye Jin's voice washed over her thoughts as she didn't realized that she was already in front of the school gate where both of her besfriends were already waiting for her.

Ha Neul smiled at her bestfriends as she approached them before they walked together to the school hall where the graduation ceremony was being held.

Once the ceremony was over, the three of them went outside the building in joy and took some pictures to commemorate their once-in-a-lifetime moment along with the other students.

Once they finished taking some pictures with their whole classmates, the three of them moved aside to take some pictures of just them as bestfriends.

Ha Neul, Jimin, and Hye Jin captured some cute and goofy pictures before they separated their way. Hye Jin went to greet her family and Jimin to his former basketball team.

Ha Neul spotted Taehyung by the first glance when one of the boys from the team called out their former captain to congratulate him and to take some pictures together.