Chapter 22

[Kim Taehyung's POV]

I walked side by side with Ha Neul on our way to school this morning, just like usual. What's not usual was seeing her face without having this stinging feelings inside my chest.

I tried so hard not to look at the face which I once anticipate every single morning when I'm awake. But ever since yesterday, it felt different.

"Is it just me or you've been very quiet today? Wait no, you've been quite since yesterday." Ha Neul suddenly nudged my arms.

"It's just you." I said in a monotone.

"Oh c'mon! I thought you were just tired when we reached home yesterday. But that's not it, is it? What are you thinking about actually?" She whined as her eyebrows furrowed.

"Nothing."

You.

"You stubborn." She smacked my arm playfully. I didn't flinch and just kept walking as I shoved my hands inside my pocket.

"Didn't you have a good time during the trip?" She added and I noticed that her eyebrows were knitted together, not sure if she was curious or confused.

"I don't know, did you?" I said in a slightly sarcastic tone.

"Of course! Even when I became a third wheel of Hye Jin and Jimin most of the time." She chuckled and I just hummed.

"You should joined us back then. I would feel less lonely if you do since you're the fourth wheel remember?" She grinned as she looked at me.

"I heard they had a fight." I said plainly as I tried to avoid her eyes.

"Yeah, and fortunately they made up the next day." She chuckled.

We were already a few steps away from the school gate when I saw a familiar face. His back was leaning against the wall as his arms were crossed above his chest. All the girls couldn't let their eyes off of him as they walked passed him.

"Your boyfriend is waiting." I anounced before I fastened my footsteps, leaving her behind.

~~~~~~~

[Min Ha Neul's POV]

"Your boyfriend is waiting." He said as he walked away, leaving me behind as I slightly dumbfounded.

"Wait, Taehyungie!" I shouted at him but he didn't seem to hear it which was kinda impossible.

Did he just ignored me?

"Good morning." A familiar voice came from behind my back. I turned around and found Seokjin were smiling at me.

"Oh good morning, Oppa." I said as I returned the smile.

"Come on." He grabbed my hand as he tilted his head, motioning me to follow him inside the school building.

"Wa-wait. Is it okay?" I whispered as I looked around and glares started to made their way toward me.

"Don't mind them." Seokjin said non-chalantly as he tightened his grip around my hand.

"Sorry, I'm not used to this." I said nervously, trying to ignore all the stares throughout the way.

"You will, don't worry." He nodded slightly before continued, "By the way, do you always walk to school with V?"

"You mean Taehyung? Well, yeah sometimes." I replied hesitantly.

"You guys live in the same neighborhood?" He asked again.

"Uhm yeah you can say that." I bit on my lower lip nervously. I felt bad for lying but I couldn't just tell him the truth.

We kept on walking while he's holding my hand tightly. I took a glance at him through the corner of my eyes. How could he acted this calm while inside of me being the opposite? Well, my heart had forgotten how to beat normally I guess.

I felt uncomfortable when people were staring at the both of us, especially at me. I felt insecure. But he insisted to walk me to my classroom even after I refused so many times.

"Well, see you later." He patted my head once we were standing outside my classroom. I just nodded quickly and waved at him before he walked away.

I looked at my feet as I walked inside, not wanting to make any eye contact. When I reached my seat, Hye Jin was already waiting with her arms crossed on her chest. I slowly put my bag down as I sat down. When I looked up, I found Hye Jin's eyes were still locked on me.

"Okay, listen." I finally gave up.

"I'm listening." She replied quickly.

"Uhm, where should I begin..." I scratched my temple as I felt nervous since the other girls in the class were staring intensely at me.

"Let's go." Hye Jin took my arm and then dragged me outside.

I was almost out of breath when her pace became faster and soon we were half running. She escorted me to the library where no one visited in this early morning. Once we were inside, she let go of my arm.

"When did that happen, seriously??" She gave me a serious look and I could sense a little scepticism in her tone.

"The last night of the trip." I quickly replied as I catched some air.

"What? Why didn't you tell me yesterday? Did he kiss you?" Her tone raised as her eyes grew bigger.

"You were busy with your chim chim the whole day, remember?" I taunted.

"Oh sorry, we were just making up after that silly fight so yeah." She chuckled softly as she rubbed the side of her neck.

"Yeah so silly." I scoffed as I rolled my eyes.

"Alright gurl back to the topic, will you?" She raised an eyebrow as she swayed her hand.

"Huh fine. Where were we?" I asked as I took a sit on one of the chairs and she followed.

"You haven't answered my question, did he kiss you?" She looked at me without blinking.

"Uhm yes..." I nodded slowly as I remembered the moment when I had my very first kiss. My cheeks heated by the thought so I cupped my face to hide my embarassment.

"Wow." She finally made a sound a minute later while throwing her back to her chair.

"What? That's it? Really? Didn't you usually smirks playfully to mock me, or making those childish look of over joy, or just nudging me the whole day?" My eyebrows were raised as I was confused by her unexpected reaction.

"Sorry, I'm just too shook right now. I really didn't expect him to do that." She murmured.

"Well me neither actually. It was so sudden and I still couldn't believe it." I mumbled softly as I threw my gaze to the floor.

Hye Jin just sat still, gazing through the space in front of her. Seemed like she was thinking about something yet I couldn't interpreted the look on her face.

"Do you think he meant it?" I bit my bottom lip in uncertainty as I looked up at her.

"I hope so." She shrugged as she exhaled some air.

I didn't know why but I felt like Hye Jin was hiding something from me, I couldn't just guess what it was. But a moment later I snapped at the thought of it.

No, she couldn't possibly do that.