≫ Muted

[Ha Neul's POV]

I was looking for my sheet music that I'm convinced to be in my locker. But even though I've been messing all the stuff inside the locker for more than twenty minutes, I still couldn't find it.

I groaned in frustration since I found myself starting to get tired. Then my phone vibrating, causing me to groan even louder cause I thought it was from that film department guy who demanded the demo I promised.

I took a deep breath as I swiped the green button without even trying to look at the caller's ID.

"I'll send you the demo tonight, I pro─"

"Ha Neul, it's me." Yoongi's voice greeted me.

"Oh, Samchon? Hey! How are you doing?" I grinned as I felt relieved.

"I'm doing good." He replied, but the tone of his voice telling me otherwise. He then continued before I even got the chance to speak, "Listen Ha Neul, I need to tell you something..."

"Okay?" I raised an eyebrow, waiting for him to continue.

"......."

"Samchon, it's not funny..." I responded as I gulped down nervously, closing my locker door since I suddenly needed something to lean on.

"......."

"No, you are joking and it's not funny at all!"

"I'm so sorry..." He said weakly.

"I'm..." I choked on my tears that now cascading down my cheeks as I found it's hard to speak cause my throat suddenly felt dry but I tried to proceed. "I'm going back this instant. So please, please hold it till I come?"

"Are you sure? How about your classes?"

"Please? I have to be there..." I whispered softly, slightly begging.

I could hear Yoongi heaving a sigh before he said, "I know you're going to say that. Yes, of course we can postpone it until you're here."

"Thankyou..." I whispered in a shaky voice.

The phone call ended as I fell to the floor. Tears streaming down my cheeks as I've given up on trying to deny everything that Yoongi just said earlier.

Your father is gone...

~ ~ ~

Watching all these people bowing their head in front of my father's coffin giving me a heartache. How he smiled on the picture that was hanging beside the thing just making it feels worse.

I slightly regretting myself for being away from him. If only I could spend some more time with him, even if it's just taking care or accompanying him in the hospital was enough.

But I rarely do that because he always told me to get some rest or to just enjoy the vacation while it lasted when I came back to Korea. Now I regretted why I obeyed him too much.

"Ha Neul-ah..." A familiar voice broke my reverie and when I saw him, my tears falling for the umpteenth time that day.

"She needs some fresh air. She's been here since morning and refused to eat dinner just now." Yoongi who's always by my side the whole time informed the guy with concern.

The said guy just nodded as if he understood what Yoongi want him to do. So he escorted me outside as he put an arm around me.

Once we're outside of the building, he hugged me and I hugged him back without hesitating even just for a second.