Chapter 2 • Elevator Nightmares

Zoe POV:

My eyes slowly flutter open to my bedroom ceiling, causing a loud groan to leave my natural plump lips while I turned over onto my right side. I pulled my white comforter over my head trying to go back to sleep. As I was about to let my mind run wild, a spark of panic rush throughout my body.

"Crap." I yelled, while throwing the comforter off of me and jumping out of bed.

I was about to head out the door, but then I noticed I was only wearing a black sports bra and booty shorts that barely covered my butt. I quickly ran over to my small walk in closet and grabbed a grey oversized sweatshirt. I ran out of my bedroom, while putting my sweatshirt on which only stopped mid thigh. I grabbed my keys that was hanging on a hook by the door, while I slipped my feet into a pair of black slippers. Since my mind was in chaos, I yank the door handle with my right hand, causing unwanted pain to shot throughout my right arm.

"You're such an dumbass." I hissed at myself, while I ran out of my apartment and towards the elevators.

While standing inside the elevator, I slowly massaged my right hand that was wrapped in gauze, trying to reduce the discomfort I caused. A bell like sound rang, before the elevator doors slide to the left, causing me to run over to my car. Once I reached my car I unlocked it and slowly opened the trunk. My eyes spotted right away two large black duffle bags in the middle of the trunk.

"Thank God." I sighed in relief as I lightly leaned my head against the side of the trunk's door. I slowly looked over my shoulder checking if anyone was around, before grabbing one of the duffle bags, "Fuck, I forgot how heavy these were." I groaned as I used both my hands to hold up the bag. "I can't." I cried out in pain as I dropped the bag onto the concrete floor, causing a booming sound to echo throughout the garage.

I shut the door of the trunk and locked my car, before my eyes wander down to the duffle bag by my feet, "I guess, one bag at a time." I sighed, before throwing the heavy bag over my shoulders and heading towards the elevator.

I let the bag drop to the ground as the elevator cart moved. I noticed in the corner of my eye a piece of green paper had fallen out of the bag. I squatted before grabbing the 100 dollar bill from the floor and unzipping the bag throwing it in there with the rest of my money. I quickly zipped it back up as the elevator doors reopened. I threw the bag over my shoulder again, before walking out the elevator and heading towards my apartment.

Once I was in my apartment, I walked into my bedroom closet and hid the bag underneath some clothes that I was too lazily to hang up earlier this morning. I quickly got up and walked out of the apartment heading towards the elevator again, but I stopped by the ledge that opens up in the middle of the building.

My russet orbs wander around the sleepless city as I inhale the cold night air. Goose bumps rose onto my thick honey skin legs sending chills down my spine. I was lost in my thoughts as I stared ahead into the city not caring at the fact that I was freezing at the moment. But soon my seconds of peacefulness was gone when a couple of men's laughter filled up the hallway.

I quickly walk over to the elevator, pushing the down arrow button as fast as I could. The sound of their footsteps got closer, causing anxiety to bubble up inside me. "Come on." I hissed. Once the elevators door finally opened, I quickly got in and pushed the garage floor button. I sighed in relief as the doors were starting to close, but then someone stuck there leg in between the closing doors, causing them to reopen again.

"Damn it." I whispered, as I leaned against the side of the elevator wall slowly massaging my throbbing hand.

"Nice one, Alex." A dorky voice filled up the elevator as two young boys walked in. We all made eye contact for a spilt second, before I turned my back towards them. As the doors shut, I couldn't help but feel uncomfortable being surround by two boys, especially when they are both harshly whispering to each other.