Chapter 6 • David's Birthday

Zoe POV:

I was at the guys' house laying across a section of their couch, watching "Friends" on their flat screen tv. I was waiting for Zane and Heath to finish getting ready, so we could go get liquor for David's surprise birthday party tomorrow. And you know how people say that girls take longer to get ready...well that's a FALSE statement. I've been waiting for almost an hour now and I'm about to pass out on their very comfy couch.

"Okay, let's go babes!" Heath yelled in his girly voice as he walked into the living room.

"Finally." I groaned, while I pushed my body from the couch and tiredly walked over to him.

"You good?" He eyed me.

"Ya, I'm just tired." I yawned, while hovering my hand over my mouth.

"Girl, me too. I'm tired of...Zane's ass always taking to long!" He yelled, while slightly leaning towards the hallway.

A giggle escaped my glossy lips, as Zane walked out of his room,"Baby, shut up."

Heath crossed his large arms against his chest, while he made a popping sound with his mouth,"Rude."

"Okay, enough with this. Let's just go get the liquor." I whined at they little moment, because I was tired from not getting enough sleep these pass days.

"Baby, she woke up on the wrong side of the bed, didn't she?" Zane mildly whispered in Heath's ear, causing me to stick my tongue out like a child would do.

"Yup." Heath added, before he headed out the door with Zane and I trailing behind.

"Wait, are we taking the truck?" I asked, not liking the idea I have to be squish in between two grown ass men.

"Ya, its fine. We all can fit in it." Heath reassured, while he turned around and swung his keys in a circular motion.

"Ya, but I'm a little on the heavier side." I responded, while biting my lip.

Both the guys stop in their tracks and turned to face me. "Zoe, honestly we will fit fine and please don't bring yourself down, okay." Zane said, while making direct eye contact with me.

I didn't know what to say, because all my life I was treated different because of how my body looked. Yes, I have a hourglass figure, but I also had some extra fat around my tummy area and thighs. And I was remind constantly that no one would ever date or even look at me. And then Dean came along and showed me otherwise, but soon he became just like everyone else, another hurtful sound.

"Zoe?" Heath was now standing closer to me with Zane by his side, with concern expression written on both their faces.

"Ya?" I breathed out, while I looked behind them, not wanting to see their gloomy expression anymore. "Let's just go." I mumbled, walking right pass them and climbing into Heath's red pickup.

I scooted my body onto the middle seat and waited for the guys to get in. In the the corner my eye I watched as they exchanged a few words, before getting into the car and silently driving away from the house.

Our bodies were touching, but it wasn't uncomfortable. Well, then my mind started to make me think that it was.

I felt the air I was taking in get stuck in my throat, causing anxiety to erupt inside me. I sat very still, staring ahead at the busy road, as I counted in my head, hoping my anxiety attack would go away. The reason I was feeling this sudden rush of doom, was because I don't like being to close to people. I used to crave touch when I was younger, but now it terrifies me. And I know I shouldn't be afraid of another human's body, but my mind won't let me register that.