Chapter 16 • Beach House pt. 1

Zoe POV:

My eyes slowly flutter open when I felt a pair of lips gently brush against mine. A smile appeared on my face as I pulled away from his sweet lips, "Damn, I want to be woken up like this everyday." I smiled, causing an adorable chuckle to leave his lips.

"Come on, get up." His deep morning voice rang against my ear.

"No." I whined, while I turned my back to him. I slowly closed my eyes and tried to fall back into a deep sleep. I felt the bed shift around, before the sound of footsteps walking away. I slowly reopened one eye and looked over to the clock, seeing that it was only 5 o'clock in the morning.

I slowly sat up in my bed and groaned, "Alex Ernst, why the hell did you wake me up this early?! It's only five in the morning." I whined, causing his laughter to fill up the apartment.

He quickly walked back into my room shirtless with a smirk on his perfect face,"Well, since we been through a lot. More than any couple I know. I wanted to give you something special." He said, while handing me a black velvet box.

"Alex, please tell me it's not a engagement ring." I groaned, because of that whole wedding thing we went through last week.

"No." He laughed, why sitting down on his knees and taking the box from hands. "I wanted you to know that I love you." He smiled before opening the box revealing a golden necklace with his name written across a small heart.

I covered my gasping mouth with my left hand, "Alex, you didn't have too." I whispered while my orbs studied the stunning jewelry.

"But I wanted too." He smiled, before taking the gold necklace out of the box and clipping it around my neck.

I slowly touched the heart as my russet eyes meet his jade ones, "Now everyone knows that you have my heart." He breathed.

"You're adorable." I giggled, before pulling him into a sweet long kiss.

He slowly pulled back with an dorky smile on his face,"There's more."

"Alex..." I whined. "I feel terrible that I didn't get you anything." I added also, causing him to shake his head.

"You didn't need too. This is kind of your late birthday present." He smiled, before getting up from the ground.

He quickly swept me off the bed and carried me bridal style to my closet, "Alex, what are you doing?" I giggled as he slowly set me down on my feet.

"I need you to pack a couple of things, because you and I are leaving in less than half an hour to our little beach vacation." He smiled, while looking down at me.

"Alex, but...."

"No, buts. Now get packing baby girl." He grinned, causing me to shake my head at him.

"How did I get so luckily?" I said, while I slowly wrapped my arms around his neck and stood on my tip toes.

"I think I should be asking that question." The smile on his face grew bigger, before he slowly leaned in and kissed my plumped lips.

I slowly pulled away and unwrapped my arms from his neck, "I'm going to get my stuff ready in my apartment. Meet me there when you're done with your suitcase." He said, while he started to walk away.

"Wait, Alex. What am I suppose to bring?" I asked, because I've never really been to the beach and I don't really have that type of weather clothes.

He stopped by my bedroom door and turned around, leaning on it," Honestly anything....but I'm fine with you brining nothing and being completely naked the..."