Chapter 8 • Disneyland Trip pt. 1

Zoe POV:

My eyes flutter open, only to be blinded by the sunlight peering through the blinds. I groaned at the harsh light as a spark of panic ran through my veins, when I felt a strong arm wrapped around my slightly chunky waist, pulling me closer to their body. My eyes darted around the room seeing that I wasn't in my room, but in one of the guys. I tried getting out of their warm embrace, but I couldn't. I sighed, before slowly turning my body around and facing the person.

Todd was fast asleep and look like he wasn't going to wake up anytime soon. I didn't feel like bothering him, since he and everyone else must be tired from looking all around town for me last night.

I softly sighed, while I studied his face structure trying to get my mind off of what happened last night. Todd is  a good looking guy with perfect jaw lines and adorable face. And his heart is literally filled with gold. It makes me wonder why he doesn't have a girlfriend or why most of the guys don't have one either. I mean they all amazing guys and any girl would be lucky to call them theirs.

I watched as his eyelids slowly opened, letting me see his dark brown orbs, "Hey." He mumbled with a small smile on his face.

"Hey." I breathed, while forcing a smile onto mine.

"You okay?" He asked, while he slowly started to rub my back with the arm that was still wrapped around me. My body tensed up by his sudden movement, which he soon notice, "Sorry." He mumbled, while unwrapping his arm from my waist.

"It's fine." I whispered, while slowly lifting my body up from his bed and sitting on the edge of it. I stared intently outside the window watching the sun float up.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked, while siting up.

"No, it's fine." I lied, without breaking contact with the sky. I wanted to talk about it, but I knew if I did, I would just break down crying again, before I can even say a few words.

"You sure?" His voice was starting to fill with concern.

"Ya." I breathed out, before standing up. "I think you should go back to bed, you need to rest after what happen last night." I said, while I finally made eye contact with him.

"Where are you going?" He asked, while sitting up and rubbing one of his eyes.

"I'm just going to sit outside by the pool and get some fresh air." I responded, while looking out the window.

"Okay, if you need anything I will be right here." He said, causing me to move closer to him.

"Thank you." I smiled, before gently cupping his face and kissing the top of his head. I slowly pulled back, seeing a giant smile on his square face. He didn't say anything, instead gave me a head nod, before I walked out of his room.

I slowly walked down the hallway and headed towards the backdoor. I looked through the glass door, seeing that no one was outside. I slowly twisted the nob and walked out of the house. My sore bare feet came into contact with the tiles as I slowly walked over to a fold out chair.

I sat down and studied the backyard, hoping anything I saw will get me not to think about last nights events.

But I was hopeless.

All I could think about was Alex.

My eyes stared to water, causing me to groan in frustration at how sensitive I was.

"You know what Zoe." I said out loud. "You are going to stand up tall and act like this boy has no effect on you. You are stronger than this and do not let some dumb boy break your heart again." I told myself, causing a great idea to pop in my head.