Chapter 20 • Her Message

Zoe POV:

"You guys should have came to me sooner about this." Doctor Heart said as he studied the prescription pills he had assigned me to take.

Alex gently squeezed my scarred hand before he spoke up for me,"I know, it's just we thought her body would get used to them by now." Alex's broken voice filled up the stale air.

My tried orbs wander over to his beautiful face,"It's okay, but I'm going to be giving you these instead and hopefully this will help you sleep better at night and numb the pain as well." The tearing of a piece of paper caused my orbs to wander over to my doctor.

Alex gently took the small paper from his hand,"Thank you." He mumbled.

"Thanks." I breathed, causing Dr. Heart's emerald orbs to meet mine.

"You take care now." He whispered, before walking out the room.

We silently sat there as Alex tried his best to read the doctor's terrible handwriting,"You think since they're doctors they would write a little neater." I joked, hoping I could lighten up the mood in the air.

A small smile tugged on a corner of Alex's lips before his jade orbs meet mine,"Oh, baby girl." He sighed, before kissing the top of my head.

I gently closed my orbs as I felt his thin lips against my unkept hair,"I'm sorry." I mumbled as I felt a few tears roll down my cheeks.

I blinked rapidly as I felt his lips leave me,"It's not your fault." He whispered as his thumb wiped away my tears.

"But why do I feel like it is?" I asked while I blankly stared into his now glossy orbs.

A heavy breath left his lips,"I don't know." He whispered, before slowly wrapping one of his arms around my shoulders.

I gently laid my head on his shoulder as we silently sat in a hospital room with nothing but our emotions on high.

~~~~~~~

"Damnit, Dom!!!" Alex hissed as we walked into his messy apartment.

"It looks like a tornado has been through here." I gagged at the smell of rotting food coming from the living room floor.

Alex turned to face me as we carefully walked through the mess,"Watch your step. I don't want you getting that boot dirty." He stated as he pointed his long finger at the giant metal thing wrapped around my leg.

A sigh left my lips,"I can't wait to take this off." I mumbled as the clicking sound from the metal boot kept echoing throughout the empty apartment.

"Well you still got another 2 months." Alex said, before we stopped in the middle of the messy living room.

"We were only gone for 2 hours." I breathed as my orbs wander around the trashed up place.

A deep breath left my boyfriend's lips,"I swear to God I'm going to kill him."

I rolled my eyes at him,"No you're not. Well just beat his ass, don't killl him." I giggled as I watched him walk over to the ripped up coach.

He slowly picked up a banana peel,"Thank God, I'm moving out." He breathed before throwing the peel to the side.

My breath got caught in my throat,"What?! You're moving too?!" My voice cracked from this sudden news.

"Fuck." Alex hissed underneath his breath before turning to face me.

He slowly walked up to me, causing me to take a step back,"When?" I asked as my glossy orbs meet his.

A sigh left his thin lips,"David bought this house last month and I'm moving in with him." He said.