Chapter 11 • My Ex

Zoe POV:

I slowly walk down the flight of steps in my apartment building by myself. Ever step I took in my red Converse caused an echoing sound, which made my stomach turn. It wasn't just the sound of my shoes causing me to feel a little under the weather, it was the fact that today was my birthday.

Back home I never celebrated my birthday. My family believed that birthdays weren't a big deal and that it was just another day to them. I mean I did celebrate with friends when I got older, but never in a big way. And it never really bother, maybe when I was little it did, because all the kids in my class would have amazing princess or monster trucks theme birthday parties and I was always the kid who didn't have one.

Now current me sees  it as just another day, but this morning I got a call from Alex saying to meet him at the guys house and I can't help but feel overwhelmed thinking he knows it's my birthday. I never told any of them when it was, because I didn't want to celebrate it. And this group of friends know how to throw a birthday party and I for one didn't want them to throw me one. It's just nothing special and plus I would feel weirder out that everyone was paying attention to me and only me for entire day.

I sighed as I walked over to my luxury car and quickly got in it. I slowly started the car, before driving out of the parking garage.

My chest started to get heavy and my insides turned into knots every inch I got closer to the guys' house. I let out a deep breath, while my fingers wander over to the volume nob and twisted it as far as it could go, hoping the music would drown me from my thoughts and emotions.

"Something that you're doing has me falling all the way

I'm tripping off your love and all the other drugs we taking

Over all the others, you're the one all over me

I need your therapy

Need your therapy..."

I slowly turned the corner into the guys street and parked by the side of their house. I stared around and saw that everyone cars were outside, causing my anxiety to spike.

"Just breathe, Zoe." I whispered, as I got out of my car. I was getting annoyed at my emotions, because I'm acting like something terrible is going to happen.

I sighed, while walking up the driveway. The sun rays were attacking my body causing me to groan in discomfort, because I was wearing high waisted light blue jeans with a light grey crop top and a red oversized flannel in this 90 degree weather.

I walked faster over to their backyard and opened the back door.
Immediately cool air hit my burning body, "Thank God." I mumbled as I step into their house.

My eyes scanned the entire place and noticed that Todd, Zane, Scotty and Kristen were sitting on the couches talking, while David, Liza, Heath and my wonderful boyfriend were standing in the kitchen.

"Oh, look who finally showed up." Heath announced, while crossing his arms against his chest trying to act like he was mad at me.

"Hey, you guys barley gave me enough time to get ready." I snapped back, do to how overwhelmed I was.

Heath quickly put his hands up in defense, "Hey, it's okay. I was just kidding."

I placed my hands onto my face and groaned.

"What's up with you?" David asked, causing me to drop my hands and give him a look.

I ignored David's question, "Why did you guys call me here?" I asked while looking around the room.