Chapter 7 • Heart Broken

Zoe POV:

I was sitting on my makeup chair, while Gabbie was applying one false eyelash on my natural ones.

"Oww." I hissed, when she had pinch down the natural looking false eyelash too hard.

"Sorry." She apologized, before adding the other false eyelash.

"I can't believe, this is actually happening right now." I breathe, while thinking that any minute now, I will be going on a date with the boy I'm falling for.

"Well, you better believe it." She responded, before removing her fingers from my lashes. "Okay, you can open up your eyes now."

My eyes flutter open, letting me see what Gabbie had done to my oval face."Oh my gosh, Gabbie." I stared in awe, while I slowly turned my head to the side, seeing how she really brought out some of my bone structure.

"Oh stop it, it's not as good as you do it, but you look perfect and Alex is going to die when he sees you." I watched her smile at me through the mirror, causing me to stand up and pull her into a warm embrace.

"Thank you." I mumbled, before pulling away and leaning towards the mirror to see my perfectly caked on face. My eyelids were cover with a light tan glitter shade and my wing eyeliner wasn't to dramatic, but perfect enough that you could see it.

"Okay, I have your dress and heels here." Liza said, causing me to look away from the landscape mirror and towards her. "Oh my gosh, Gabbie you did a amazing job." Liza smiled, while walking closer to us.

"I know." Gabbie agreed, causing a small giggle to escape my red glossy lips.

"Okay, now go try this on, cause we are kind of running late." Liza stated, while pushing me into my walk in closet with the dress and heels.

I sighed as she closed the door, leaving me all alone. My eyes wander over to the short black dress on my arm. The top of the dress was laced with long sleeves and the skirt part was puffy with a stiff cotton fabric. I slowly drop the ruby 5 inch heels Liza brought for me on the soft carpet, before quickly putting on the dress. It hugged me perfectly, yet I didn't like that it stop mid thigh showing my very thick legs. I sighed again, before slowly slipping into the heels.

My eyes wander over to the door, wandering if I should even go on this date. "Come on Zoe, we are dying out here." Gabbie yelled behind the door, causing a sigh to leave my lips.

Instead of answering her back, I slowly twisted the nob and swung the door open.

"Oh my gosh, you look absolutely beautiful Zoe." Liza squealed with excitement, while a grinned appeared on Gabbie's unique face.

"Thank you, but can you maybe zip me up?" I asked, turning my back towards Liza letting her have access to the zipper.

"There." She said.

"Thank you, again." I smiled, while turning to face the gaint landscape mirror, finally getting to see how I looked like.

"Wow." I breathless said, while I studied myself in the mirror.

"We did a great job." Gabbie smiled, before high fiving Liza.

A giggle escaped my lips, before I face them,"Honestly, thank you guys for doing this for me."

"Aw, no problem, Zo." Gabbie smiled, before pulling me into a hug.

"Wait, I want in." Liza chimed, causing me to pull her into our group hug.

"Okay, let's get going." Gabbie said, causing us to pull apart and head towards the front door.

"Oh, wait." Liza said, before running over to the living room and grabbing something out of her bag. "Here." She said, while handing me a fresh red rose.