Chapter 12 • New Scars

Zoe POV:

"Alex, please we don't have to celebrate my birthday." I said for the thousandth time today, but he didn't care.

"Yes we are. I feel like a shitty boyfriend if we don't." He stood his ground, causing me to roll my eyes at how he wouldn't budge.

"You're not a shitty boyfriend if you don't celebrate it. Remember it was my choice not to tell you guys." I remained him, causing a groan to leave his lips.

"It's final, we're celebrating it." He ended the agreement, before walking over to the couch in his living room and sitting down.

A groaned left my mouth,"Alex." I whined as I walked over to him.

"Zoe, like I said its final. End of discussion." He blankly said while he stared at the tv screen.

"But, it's already been a week. There's no point of celebrating it." I said, trying to get his attention, but all he did was ignore me. I crossed my arms against my chest,"Fine. David!!!" I yelled, causing a small chuckle to leave Alex's lips.

"There's no point in bringing him into this conversation, because his obviously going to side with me." Alex grinned, while his eyes meet mine.

"You wanna bet?" I said, while I titled my head to the side. He slowly stood up from the couch and towered over me, causing my airway to close a little.

A smile appeared on his perfect face,"Zoe, I love you. And I want to do this for you, okay? So can you please just let me throw you a birthday party that you deserve."

My eyes wander over his shoulders, before I replied,"Nope." My mouth made a popping sound, causing a groan to leave his lips.

"You called." David irrupted our conversation.

I quickly turned around to face him,"David, can you please tell Alex that I don't want to celebrate my birthday."

He eyed me,"Why don't you just tell him yourself, his right behind you." He pointed out, causing a groan to leave my lips for the thousandth time today.

"Wow, I didn't know." I replied with sarcasm in my voice, before collapsing onto the couch.

"Zoe, don't be like this." Alex whined, while David walked over to him.

"I'm not being anything." I replied, while I stared at the tv screen.

"Come on, Zoe. Just let us throw you a party." David said.

My insides were twisting and turning, because of all the emotions I was feeling. I know I'm seeming selfish and all, but I just don't want one. I would feel awkward the entire time and I literally would be standing in the corner, because I wouldn't want to socialize with people.

A sigh left my lips knowing that they're never going to stop bugging me until I say yes,"Fine. Throw me one, I don't care anymore." I said as I pushed myself off the couch and headed for the front door.

"Zoe, where are you going?" Alex asked as he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back to him.

"I'm tired and I want to go to bed." I said, while my eyes meet his.

"Are you leaving, because of this whole situation?" He asked, while his fingers ran up and down my forearm.

"No Alex, it's literally 2 o'clock in the morning. I just want to go curl up in my bed." I replied.