Chapter 4 • Pay Back

Zoe POV:

"It's hell on Earth and the city's on fire

Inhale, inhale, that's heaven

There's a bull and a matador dueling in the sky..."

The smoothing song was soon cut off by a chime coming from my phone. A smile appeared on my almost makeup ready face, when Alex's name pop up. I quickly sent him a reply that my front door was open and he could come in.

As I pinned down my false eyelash, I could  hear the front door open and close over the music blaring from the speakers around my room.  I grabbed my phone and paused the music, before Alex came in.

"Hey." He mumbled, before taking a seat on my soft bed.

"Hey" I responded, while checking if my winged eyeliner matched on both sides.

"How long does it usually take you to do that?" He asked as he got up from my bed and walked over to me.

I pressed my lips together, thinking about his question, "On a good day less than 30 minutes, but on a bad day more than 2 hours."

"Damn. You shouldn't even wear makeup, you look perfect without it." He responded, while his jade orbs met my russet ones.

"Ya sure." I brushed off his comment, before looking for my favorite red matte lipstick.

"I mean it." He mumbled, but I pretended that I didn't hear him, even though my oval face showed otherwise by turning a shade of pink.

"Okay which one?" I halfway twisted my body to him, while I held up two of my favorite red matte lipsticks.

"I don't know. I'm guy I don't know makeup." He said, while kneeing down letting our faces be at the same level.

"Please, just pick one." I pouted, while holding them closer to his perfect face.

He studied both of them, before grabbing the one from my left hand,"This one." He smiled, while handing it over to me.

"Thanks babe." I grinned, but my body froze for a split second after realizing what I had said.

"Anytime." He winked, causing the blush on my cheeks to darken. 

I quickly turned my face back to the mirror, hoping he didn't see my body's reaction to his sweet words. As I open the tube of lipstick, I watched in the mirror as Alex walk back to my bed and lay in it. I slowly applied the bright red matte liquid on my plumped lips. I screwed back the lipstick, before shutting my makeup drawer. I fluffed my long wavy hair a little as I stared into the mirror.

"Zane says to hurry up."

"Tell him I just have to change and then we will be there soon." I told Alex, while getting up and walking over to my walk-in closet.

"Okay, I will go wait for you in the living room." He responded, before kicking himself off the bed and leaving the room.

I quickly took off my pjs and put on a pair of matching black lace thong and strapless bra. I quickly put on my favorite blue wash, ripped skinny jeans and off the shoulders white long sleeves blouse. I bent down and looked for this one particular heel. I pushed my winter boots to the side and found the clear 3 inch heel boots. I slowly zipped those on and walked over to the giant mirror I had placed on one side of the closet wall. I study myself in the mirror and tugged on my outfit in a few places trying to make it look perfect.