21

Months had passes, the seasons were turning into fall. Jungkook didn't know how long had he been parted away from Sooyoung.

In that couple of months, he can't contact Sooyoung at all. He wondered why so he asked Chaeyoung but she didn't reply as well.

Going to her house was useless. The house really looked empty with no one inside.

Because of that, he tried to refrain himself from thinking about her and only hoped that she is okay, wherever she at.

He wanted her to be his girlfriend because he loves her, but he thinks that Sooyoung didn't love him that she didn't appear that day.

He slowly gives up on her.

--

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The sound echoed through the room. It's been months Sooyoung had laid herself on the hospital bed, unconscious. Other word, she had a coma since she got hit by a big truck.

The doctors were giving her full hope for her to wake up or else, they would just remove the life supports. Chaeyoung didn't want to give up, she would stay up all day just to wait for her bestfriend to wake up.

"Mhmm."

Sooyoung's eyelid was moving for a bit, her hands were holding the bed sheet. With her small strength, she opened her eyes and her orbs were scanning the room. She felt like she came back from the death, she was feeling so weak at that time.

Her sight was blinded by the light coming from the window and she could see a figure standing at the window.

Her eyesight was still blurry but she could see the figure running towards herㅡwhile yelling some words that she couldn't catch on.

"Sooyoung-ah, you're awake? Oh my god, Sooyoung. Do you recognized me?" Chaeyoung held her shoulders and stares at her pale face.

"Who are you?"

That was the words that escaped her mouth as she wakes up. Chaeyoung presses her lips into a thin line with tears in her eyes.

She knew this would happened. Chaeyoung immediately ran out of the room to call the doctor.

After a couple of checkups, the doctor and the nurse started to discuss while Chaeyoung stood at the door, waiting and biting her nails in nervousness.

"Miss Chae?" The doctor called and she immediately went to him. "Y-yes?"

"Thank God that she awakes, I guess our prayers were not useless. She shows us a lot of vital signs and like I said before, she suffered from traumatic brain injury. The vehicle hit the left side of her brain which cause her memory loss. In a few weeks, she can be discharged but still you need to fully take care of her." The doctor explained and Chae nodded her head in understood.

"So, she lost her memory?" She remarked.

"Yes. But, she will remember a few things day by day as her brain heals. Do not force her to remember something or it will give affect to her brain. Since she is awake, we will set up a schedule for her to do some exercises which is to check her walking, writing, gripping and other kinds of test so her muscles will become strong again." He said again and Chaeyoung nods.

"I understand, thank you."

The doctor and the nurses left the room and Chae took a chair and sat beside her bed.

Sooyoung still look weak, and a bit confused despite her memory loss.

"Sooyoung-ah, I'm Chaeyoungㅡyour bestfriend." She said with a genuine smile.