His Princess~Prologue Part 1

~Picture above is how Serenity is pictured when she was 8 years old.~

Level A purebloods are not the only purebloods that exist. They are not the most powerful either. There are Level S purebloods, which are known to be the most powerful in the entire vampire race. It is rumored that if a Level S pureblood breeds with any kind of vampire, even a Level D, the child will be born a pureblood vampire. If a level S pureblood vampire breeds with a Level A pureblood vampire, then the child will be born a Level S.

Level S purebloods can do many things that a Level A cannot do, for they are rumored to be descendants of divine beings. Therefore, they don't not follow the rules of the Senate.

There are six known remaining Level A families and five known Level S families. Many decades ago, each Level S family chose a Level A pureblood family to be their protectors, and ever since then, it hasn't changed.

There is the Sora Empire, the empire that rules over the four kingdoms. This empire is not really in the sky; however it is hidden deep within the mountains, surrounded by fog. This empire is ruled by the elegant Level S Tsukiyomi family. Their representative when it comes to meetings outside the kingdom is Serenity Tsukiyomi, the Sora Empire's only princess. As the most powerful Level S family, they control their lust for blood and when needed, they take blood from their protectors in order to not hurt the citizens of their kingdom. Their signature power is lightning and their protectors are the Kurans.

Then there is the Mizu Kingdom, one of the four kingdoms. This kingdom is hidden in the ocean, surrounded by water. This kingdom is ruled by the Level S Kuroki family. Their representative is the kingdom's 1st prince, Azusa Kuroki. Only aristocrat vampires, Level A, and Level S pureblood vampires can see the kingdom. Their signature power is water, and their protectors are the Hanadagis.

Then we have the Hi Kingdom. This kingdom is always under high temperatures as the kingdom itself is hidden deep within a dormant volcano that hasn't erupted for over 20,000 years. This kingdom is ruled by the merciless Level S Ryuzaki family. Their representative is the kingdom's 3rd prince, Satsuki Ryuzaki. Citizens of the Hi Kingdom can handle temperatures that go up to about 102 degrees and all of their residences are equipped with air conditioners that can go as low as to about 30 degrees. Their signature power is fire, and their protectors are the Shotos.

There is also the Kaze Kingdom. This kingdom is located not too from the Sora Empire. As a matter of fact, it is the closest kingdom to the Sora Empire. The kingdom is located in a forest near the Sora Mountains. This kingdom is ruled by the peaceful Level S Shiraishi family. Their representative is the kingdom's 1st princess, Rina Shiraishi. Here, the citizens are known to be very calm and relaxed, and tend to control their lust for blood when around humans. Their signature power is wind, and their protectors are the Hios.

Finally, there is the Tsuchi Kingdom. This kingdom is located within the Tsuchi Mountains, making this kingdom the farthest from the Sora Empire. It is ruled by the forceful Level S Reizei family. The citizens here like action and fighting, so they have a fighting competition every year to see who is the most powerful. Their representative is kingdom's 2nd princess, Aiko Reizei. Their signature power is Earth, and their protectors are the Shirabukis.

-Backstory-

~12 years ago, Serenity Tsukiyomi's PoV~