9th Night: Obsession Isn't Love

~Third person PoV~

Shizuka, in the form of Maria was sitting on a chair, smirking as she saw the events occurring in the classroom.

"Shizuka-sama... I think you overdid it. Serenity was actually scared and angry..." Ichiru stated in a feared voice.

"That is what I want her to feel. Misery. Anger. She deserves every bit of it. That child changed my life."

The vision then changed to Serenity relaxing herself on Kaname's shoulder.

"To think that Serenity actually forgave him. Ridiculous. She is blinded by his love, and he hasn't even told her the truth. The fact that he is the Kuran family's ancestor."

"Shizuka-sama... Out of respect... Even if Kaname-sama told her the truth, I'm sure she wouldn't really care."

"Heh. I guess you are right about that. I'm sure she will find out eventually. However I've made a decision~" Shizuka stated.

"What is it?"

"We are going to Cross Academy as well~" She stated with a resolve.

"Oh... I see." Ichiru stated, looking away,

In the form of Maria, Shizuka turned around and put both of her hands on his cheeks.

"Don't worry. I'm sure that Serenity will be happy to see you! And Zero as well!" She stated cheerfully.

"Zero... I could care less for Zero. If any regret I feel, it's betraying Serenity right in her face..."

"What. Did you have some sort of lingering feelings towards her?" She asked with a hint of curiosity.

"Tch..." He answered, which was a rare reaction that Shizuka would get from him.

Serenity Tsukiyomi warmed the coldness in Ichiru's heart. Ichiru's condition did not allow him to become a vampire hunter, which made him feel like he was Zero's shadow. During their training, despite her loneliness, she stayed by Ichiru's side to keep him company.

"It's okay to care about someone, Ichiru. In the end, you're not the one who's going to be taking action. I will be." She stated with a smirk as she looked out the window with both hands behind her back.

~Serenity Tsukiyomi~

Kaname and I have been sitting in the quiet, moonlit classroom for quite some time. Kaname had his arms wrapped around me as the both of us still sat in the floor against the wall.

This is perfect... This time with just he and I. It's more than perfect for me. I just wish that we can stay like this forever, that we can just run away to some peaceful place where there is no conflict. However... I know that I can't. Because I need to face my uncle and bring that peace to the Sora Empire. As their future Empress, I cannot let them down. Not at this moment.

"Feeling less stressed, Serenity?" Kaname asked in his gentle tone as he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Yes. Thank you, Kaname." I answered with a smile.

"There is still some class time left. Would you like to go back to class?" Kaname asked.

"Why don't we skip class for the rest of the evening and go for a walk around the academy?" I asked with a smirk.

Kaname stood up and held out his hand. "Of course. Takamiya's lectures are boring anyways." he stated.

I took his hand and stood up, brushing away any dust.

As we walked out from the classroom, It seems like Kaname remembered something.

"Ah, yes... Serenity?"